• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yup, but after a few hours of play, even playing Poland, Portugal or Russia at normal difficulty level is not much of a challenge (except if you want to be Ruler of the World) :)
Still tough with Portugal...

YND,
Mon ami, je voudrais beaucoup d'AAR! :)

I hope that attempt at Français wasn't 'tres mal,' its been a while. Even if the game is now out of reach, can you give us at least a summary of what Europe looks like by 1680? I'd also like to know if the New World colonies have been consolidated a little bit or if all the minor powers still have a presence there.

I hope that attempt at Français wasn't 'tres mal,' its been a while.
You're kidding, it's perfect.

what Europe looks like by 1680?
WHat I described earlier has continued. Sweden looks like a swiss cheese: full of holes, filled by all its neighbours.
Russian tzars have decided that their major aim was to have land to build datchas in sunny and warm countries like Crimea and as they are stubborn, they are pretty succesful.
Central Europe is well, complicated. Austria seems to have a really hard time now, thanks to Venice and Poland.
Holstein broke free of Portuguese rule and we becam good friends. They allied with Netherlands and proposed me to enter the alliance what I did. Allied with Netherlands-ROFL... Italy has been unified by France save Naples and the isles.
Yes, those little minors keep having trade posts here and there, although as a French Cartesian liking nice ordered things, I have cleaned up most of Canada so that it is now all beautiful French blue.
The Dutch and Portuguese are very active in the Pacific. Other minor from Central Europe just keep their existing possessions.

Central Europe is well, complicated. Austria seems to have a really hard time now, thanks to Venice and Poland.

Tell me more :) Any chance of Venice, Poland (and possibly Turkey working on a different agenda) working towards a successful partition of the Austrians?

Sapura (999 posts) :D

Sap, I'll look in details tonight and give you an answer on monday.
As I remember, when I looked at the map, Austria had lost 1/2 of its territory, now controlled by Venice in the South and Poland in the north. However, I cannot say, there was no other owner inbetween (say Turkey annex AUstrian provinces which are later annexed by Venice).
On the other hand, Polish armies were picnicking under the walls of Vienna and I am sure they have not been invited...

Well the Poles and Venetians are indeed members of the same alliance and Austria part of another alliance. Hard to say who attacked whom first, but eventually Austria is the ham of the Polish-Venetian sandwich...