• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Danir

Margrave of Moravia
81 Badges
Oct 15, 2013
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Surviving Mars
  • Crusader Kings III Referal
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury Pre-order
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • War of the Roses
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
Hi people, I am curious, does anyone know how the fountain of youth upgrade actually works in combination with immortality ? Would it be possible to slowly age back ? As in going from an old man back to a younger self.

as far as I dont understand immortality still counts your age up with each passing year. and since the fountain of youth just moves your birthday back by 2 years every 10 years I dont see how it would make you any younger in a meaningful way.

unless your portrait doesn't change if you're immortal and you got immortality at age 50/51 and immediately drink from the fountain

As immortal character, you still getting older chronologically. Fountain of youth makes you younger "chronologically", and immortality unties your biological age from chronological (i.e. if you become immortal as a kid, you'll look like a kid), so nothing gonna change much.
On another hand, you can make your character even older, for fun. I had a 600 years old character that way.

As immortal character, you still getting older chronologically. Fountain of youth makes you younger "chronologically", and immortality unties your biological age from chronological (i.e. if you become immortal as a kid, you'll look like a kid)

Nah, you'll get to 16 and then stay at the same portrait.

As immortal character, you still getting older chronologically. Fountain of youth makes you younger "chronologically", and immortality unties your biological age from chronological (i.e. if you become immortal as a kid, you'll look like a kid), so nothing gonna change much.
On another hand, you can make your character even older, for fun. I had a 600 years old character that way.
Oh, thank you.. I actually didn't know that the fountain of youth just pushes the birthyear back.