• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((Could we please have another map soonish? :) ))

Mendar heard one day about plans for yet another colony. This time, the Ethemmann wisely decided that such a colony should be placed on the nearby island, affording both contact and protection with Armnoseland. Mendar felt that such a colony was the wisest yet planned, and so he went to a representative of the Ethemmann, and volunteered his inheritance and himself to help establish the new settlement.

Upon receiving word that he was approved to go on the journey to the new colony, Mendar was overjoyed. In an uncharacteristic display of emotion, he picked up and swung his wife upon returning home. That night was a night of celebration within the Raftwader household. Early the next morning, however, Mendar was out and about scouting for building materials, such as sturdy stilts and building frames, or the resources needed to make them. Toting a sum his neighbors had never seen before, Mendar bought all of the goods he felt were needed to set up a fledgling colony. After just a few days, the Raftwader family was waiting patiently for the voyage to start.

Nocraz considered what he could possibly want in life and finally replied, "Ethemmann Nammeric, while I thank you for your generosity, I find myself not knowing what to ask for. I am surrounded by family, for all of House Blessed-Orc has become my family. I have a wife who I love and adore and who brings me happiness. I have two beautiful daughters and I shall soon have another child on the way. I have a cozy little hut for us all to live. We do not want for food and water and we have all the material things we could hope to desire. I am quite happy here. But let me continue to write stories for you and perhaps a day will come when I do think of something and then I will ask it of you and you can judge its worth. For now, I only ask that you continue to be my loving friend and uncle as you've always been." Nocraz then took his leave while playing a soft tune on his ivory flute.

Nocraz had heard grumblings of people questioning how an Ethem could be killed and of old tales and other such poison. Nocraz decided to sort such things out by explaining things between tales. Of Ethem slaying, he said, "Now, under normal circumstances an Ethem can't be slain. But under certain circumstances they can be. For example, Oryward the Oreworthy could only slay Berward because Gristruc's magic trapped him inside the body of a great bear. This meant that the Berward, Ethem of the Limewood, did not have the protection he would usually have and when the bear died so did he. There are other ways to kill an Ethem, but those ways require the magic of the gods that few men are privy to know." Of the old tales, Nocraz said, "Such ancient tales of challenges are not necessary for the Ethemmann. His coming was prophesied by the Night himself and he was challenged and blessed by Ern, Orel, Fearn, and Danabel. If a man needs more proof than this then he is a fool and his opinion should be ignored and left in the dust. Now, remember all, the Ethemmann will lead us to greatness and will lead us to many victories against the Theedes." Nocraz mixed these short comments in with a variety of short proverbs, phrases of wisdom, and clarifications of stories so that people would not think that he was solely focused on dispelling the murmurs and grumblings against the Ethemmann.

My Ethem-man, I humbly request your blessing to join Galrenlaf in leading the expedition to the nearby island.

~ Threstward Fist, Head of House Fist

((This is a semi-update, as I haven't built all things from Nammeric's building draft yet))

Nammeric had his seafarers scout out the area to the east of Armerland in order to better decide whereto his settler outfooting would be heading. They drew a beautiful map in the sand for his pleasure, though Orel took the drawing away the very next day. The political landscape of the region had changed in recent times, as the Houndings were now governed by the Elder of the ever-growing rikedom of the Swarthy Men, which had also swallowed up the northernmost part of Apachu lands. Indeed, it was said the the Swarhty Elder was the mightiest man in the world, and that his odophezi was made out of magical, black stone.

oVVlIN4.jpg

Decide where to settle! (The ruins at the hamster resource are in fact still a settlement) (No, I don't know why they included hamsters in the mod)

After a long time of anarchy and struggle, Nammeric finally established himself as Ethemman of Armerland, and establishing a new government. When everything had settled down, his new system proved quite efficient, and after a few years, he was even ready to establish a permanent settlement on the neighboring Isle of Fowls.

Nammeric was quite pragmatic, and wasn't very interested in spiritual matters. Though he did emphasize greatly that he was chosen by the gods, he vanquished the positions of Ernspeaker and Edoness, and didn't really replace their functions, leading to a neglect of . Eventually, worship and communicating with gods, which had been controlled by the Moot since the Ernings settled Armnoser Land, mostly passed into the hands of people independent from the government. ((We have gone away from state-controlled religion - see the new policy doc))

All the energy he saved through not organizing worship, he vested in economic planning. He had always been a central person in the drafting of building plans and organization of labor during the time of the Moot, and continued to be so as Ethemman. During the folkwar, some Houses had been searching for new ways to make better tools, and whilst digging and searching for flint for arrowheads, they found a new kind of material which they called blome. The most important blomes were gold, silver and white gold - though they had no practical use, they were shiny and became popular for decorating odophezis or just wearing them in any way possible. Everyone wanted gold, and eventually people started using it when bartering, for they knew that they could always swap the gold for something else later. There wasn't a lot of gold though, so ivory was used alongside with it, though it had much lower value, as it was relatively plentiful on Armerland. ((We've invented our first kind of currency!))

And so, 160 men and women set out for the East. Nammeric had gathered a crowd of adventurous Ernings that were to travel east and settle on the coast of the Ringlands just off the eastern tip of the Aitland of Fowls, and live off of the rich wildlife there, and perhaps even extract some of those precious blomes, which had become so important in the minds of the Ernings in recent times. The original plan had been to settle on the Ait of Fowls, but just before takeoff, the Ethemman had changed it to this new location, arguing that the Ait was too small and too barren to sustain a growing population.

Nammeric's Erve Ninelaf ((Niniplaf sounds rather silly)) led the outfooting, and with his leadership, it landed succesfully on the foreign shores, and its members quickly erected a palisade around their camp, remembering what happened at Burghill many years ago. They started fishing lobsters in the sea, with the few boats that didn't immediately sail home to ferry across more wards to the Landhold, as they came to call their new home. Scouts were sent into the hinterlands and came back with tales of night-black men with strange clothing, wayfaring along very big paths, which could only have been stamped by hundreds upon hundreds of armnosers walking in a very long line. The Swarthy Men did not own a single armnoser though, and instead, they were said to load great land-ships with goods and then sail these along the roads to all corners of their vast inland rikedom.

There were also some Swarthies dwelling close to the Landhold, and though Ninelaf tried to remain in good standing with them, they must have disliked him, for before the fleet could return with more wards, a black host of wards came down from the north. Their weapons were as black as their skin, stranger and sharper than anything any of the Ernings had ever seen before, and they knew how to use them. A single storm against the walls of Landhold was enough to overcome the wards, and all who did not manage to flee in one of the boats were caught or killed by the ruthless Swarthies. One of the folk who never came back was Ninelaf, Nammeric's Erve. With Ninelaf's death, and as twoth erve Ahrnward became Nammeric's successor, and he could now call himself Ahrnlaf.

The defeat was not as crushing as the one at Burghill though, for the expedition had not been as expensive, nor had as many men fallen. Still, it was a terrible blow to Nammeric's authority, as it seemed that he, too, could fail.

That's all for now. I've only come as far as the Bearrider on the building queue, and am leaving for Aarhus tomorrow (last absence till Christmas, promise!).

Our government really is no longer in charge of religious services, but the demand for people to organize worship and religion is still there. Do use this opportunity to fill out the vacuum left by the Moot to take charge of Edonesses and Ernspeakers, and help the Ernings communicate with and mollify the gods! The best cult leader who is most popular with the people will get a slight boost to their wealth through their worshipping business (obviously becoming popular with the people requires you to follow our ancient traditions and not invent your own, unless you are astoundingly charismatic, and to appeal to the broadest target group possible, good relations with and support of the elite wouldn't be bad either.) I hope this is enough for you to play on a bit.

((I will probably be online in the evenings, so not completely absent!))

Several of the Ethemman's guards found him in his hut screaming and crying. Some thought he had gone mad from the lose of his son others thought that he was simply putting on a show. However Nammeric was serious he refused to eat and couldn't sleep he had at one point ordered one of his guards to kill him but the man had refused. He had been saved by his wife and his story teller together the two had consoled him and brought him back from the edge. Making his first public appearance after thirty days Nammeric declares before the moot and the tribe. "They will pay for what they've done I call for a new tactic a better one. We will dispatch our wards to all four corners of the world and they will burn pillage and rape their people we will take thralls and we will make them feel the pain they have made us feel. I also ask my son Nocraz to be the new Ernspeaker of the People and I ask him to be third in line for succession to take on the position of his brother Ninelaf as the builder on the moot."

((The order of succession is DrL (Ahrnlaf), me (Threstward), and then Happycats (Nocraz), right?))

Name: Daonward Blessed-Orc
Sex: Male
House Blessed-Orc
Bio: Daonward is only child of Ninipward. He was not brought to the new colony because he was deemed to young to do so. Now, at the age of 14, Daonward is now capable of taking care of himself. Still, he wishes to remain with the rest of his family and isn't exactly ready to move out.

Arllaf turns towards Ethemman Nammeric.He says the following :

It is time.If Daonward is to become a great warrior, and in the distant future Ethemman, he needs to start right now.
I hereby offer myself to do the task , as I am quite the renowed warrior myself.

Arllaf

Nothing of note happened in the first years following the failed venture to Houndingland. The fire pit burnt down. 3 Theedish outriggers were spotted sailing along the coast at one point, and Arlward set out with 9 boats to assail them. The other boats weren’t needed though, for Arlward and his crew sank all 3 Theedish boats by themselves. After this, he became a famous teacher of wards.

Also, there were now 1500 Ernings living on Armerland!

The Ethemman and/or his head builder (he needs to appoint one!) should make a new building draft! Houses Elder should decide if they want to spend production point, and wat they want to spend them on.

Production and ownings doc
Military and Recruitment doc
Policies