• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((Just pointing out that no one is voting either way on the idea of seizing imperial property.))

OCC: We havent really spoken about it, so i would say we wait with it until the next time the Assembly meets.

Proposed to do a quest to explore the abandoned Dwarf city in Kalaris mountain (20 guards and The champion will be send )
Vote Yes to contribute 5 gold for charity
Vote No on an Empire-wide ban on slavery
Vote NO on a ban on slavery in the city
Vote yes on the Proposal of the resignation of the Arch-Mage and the creation of another title in his place,the "Regent"
Vote yes on the proposal to return stolen lands and to sell imperial property outside the city

Last edited:
((This takes place after the assembly session closes, but before the party leaves for the ruined dwarf fortress))

The gates separating the Dwarven Quarter from the rest of the Golden City were shut and barred. A cheer went up from the streets, and colorful dwarrowlamps appeared in windows. The dwarf women and children emerged from their homes in their finest clothes and jewelry. Plates of sweets (crushed rock nuts fried in sweetpod syrup, a rare luxury for city dwarves) and barrels of drinks (plump helmet beer and the above-ground barley variety, along with prickleberry wines for those with Elvish tastes) were carried out from hidden larders. Family elders lead their households to the shrines of the Light gods, each in turn making their offerings and returning to feast on benches in the streets.

The barring of the gates was an old dwarf tradition, meant to keep outsiders from seeing the true wealth and beauty of a Dwarven community, so that they wouldn't be tempted to try and take it. In truth there were already plenty of non-dwarves present. The artisans of the city invited friends and business partners, often humans or elves they had known for years. With the soldiers and nobles in the city, strange Dwarves from the far-flung mines, fortresses and Mountainhomes were crowded into every spare room, even sleeping in the statue courtyards and on rooftops. And many of the Dwarf nobles had themselves invited non-dwarf guests.

By nature conservative and inward looking, the women and children of the city-dwarves generally kept within the bounds of the Dwarven Quarter. For them the exotic mix of familiar and strange dwarves, elves, humans in their variety, and even some Orcs, was an exciting phenomena. Their fathers and brothers puffed themselves up, determined to show their pride and power in the presence of all these strangers.

In some ways the most threatening were the Dwarves from the mountains. Mostly soldiers and nobles, their martial air, unassimilated ways, and exotic trinkets represented an implicit challenge to their urban, commercial hosts. Plenty of soldiers from the Dwarven armies were taking advantage as well, relishing in the attention of the cities dwarf maidens. One such soldier was showing the daughters of a local glassblower his instrument.

"Have you truly never seen one of these before? I would have said that any grown man would have one. They're common as pebbles in Kogansunan. We call them Goblin-flutes."
"Oh fie, you are making fun. You wouldn't call them that. No goblin sounds so sweet." The glassblowers younger daughter giggled.
"Har! That's quite so. They're all shrieking and jabbering and slobbering. But I wouldn't dream of making fun, miss. It is indeed a Goblin-flute. We call them such because they are made from Goblin bones. The thigh-bone, in fact. Those bowed legs of theirs are quite ungainly when they walk. But hollowed out, with holes drilled thus so, and of course cleaned, boiled and bleached to no end, and it makes a sweet enough sound. Should you like to try?"
The young dwarf girl blew daintily, making an indelicate squeak. "To think, to make music out of a goblin! I shouldn't have thought it possible."
"It's something of a proverb in the Mountainhomes that even a goblin can be made into something beautiful. And not just the flutes either. Why you hear the pleasant rattling his hand-drum makes? Goblin teeth. And in the gardens in the citadel, there are hollowed goblin bones hung on wires, so that the wind plays all matter of songs as they dangle."

The dwarf soldier was so pleased with the reception of this fact that he went on to expound upon the Skull of Griznatch, now a hanging light feature in the Hall of Greeting, and the manner in which the pulverized bones of his champions were mixed with ash and clay to make a full table service of gleaming white ceramics, each bowl with the name of the dwarf who slew that goblin traced around the edge in silver. Meanwhile the girls' father, along with many other prominent city-dwarves, had been invited to dine with Master Deagrin Burntbeard. The second course of ham had just been cleared, and the conversation had begun to flow nearly as fluidly as the beer.

"I wish there weren't so many Beardless about," one groused. "They grumble enough about us as it is. I don't mean your more respectable class of human or elf. But this city is lousy guttersnipes and half-orcs, and to hear them talk we've all been getting fat and rich off the Mad Emperor's wars. More and more respectable dwarves are getting robbed in the market. I don't open my stall with less than three kinfolk with me any more, and we all wear mail under our clothes."

"The state of this city is shameful, I could see that right away." Master Deagrin agreed, nodding with sympathy. "Kogansunan is no paradise, but I wouldn't tolerate such squalor. All these idlers about, and all these jobs that need doing, and nothing gets done. Just shameful. Myself I long for more hands. Even simpletons, so long as they could carry a crate or a basket of plump helmets. And as for thieves? Smash their hands with a hammer and toss them out into the desert, like the old days. As for murderers, a quick swing of an axe solves that problem. But you have to follow a human's law here, and what do they care, really?" Beards bobbed around the table in agreement.

"Still," a grey bearded mason said, "We've come through better than most."

"True." an armorer said. "For a short while business even prospered. But he started demanding we sell to him for a pittance, and when people started refusing to sell he seized our children and killed the kin of those who didn't work for free. Everything we have, we kept by hiding it."

Master Deagrin spoke up. "The Empire is dead. There's no need for any of us to bend our knees to humans or elves ever again. The Mountainhomes will be kingdoms again. Kogansunan is filled with empty houses and silent forges. It only needs for our folk to come and work and dwell there again. Think on that, and speak of it to your kin. When my men march home, I hope to have many of you and your families travelling with us.

Assembly of Sun's Shadow​

After several days of heated debate, a vote was held on the issue of legality pertaining to slavery. With many provinces relying heavily on the slavery to bolster their economies, this became a very emotional argument. Some even called for the abolishment of the office of the ArchMage. Luckily for Qylan, this proposal did not gain much ground as the merits of slavery were debated. Many argued that the proposal to ban slavery was in direct contradiction with the Treaty of Burnt Bridge, while others maintained that slavery is a threat to all of the people's of Agorath and as such requires unity, by force if need be.

Finally all rulers were heard and a vote was held. ArchMage Qylan's face held little emotion as the vote revealed that slavery would remain legal across Agorath including within the Golden City. Qylan bowed rigidly and accepted the decision of the Assembly but vowed to bring the issue of slavery forward again in the near future.

The High Steward's proposal to raise charity to alleviate the harm done in the last war was well received with nearly all provinces pledging a purse of gold. Mathlion stated, "The charity of the good Lords of Light fills me with hope and optimism that the will of the Creator is still alive and well in us all."

After rulers made their voices heard on the issue of slavery, Arl Kavothe of House Kalare proposed a quest to liberate lost treasure from the long since abandoned Dwarve city of Kitha'Kalaris'Korakathas otherwise known as Mount Kalaris in the common tongue. Rulers and champions alike stepped forward to brave the long dark tunnels of the lost city. Prayers were said and blessing were issued as the brave part stepped beyond the walls of the Golden City and journeyed north to Norseland.

ArchMage Qylan, Keeper of the Light, has asked all to pray to the Creator and Ancestors for the health and safety of these brave champions of Light! May the Creator watch over them and bring them victory!

Araris Valerian
Swornsword to Arl Kvothe of House Kalare

Master Burntbeard of House Deagrin

Ser Leopold Von Stockhom,
Swornsword to Count Gunther of House Saxon

Atarian of House Krestarii,
Swornsword to Count Asharian of House Krestarii

Galdor Oronar,
Swornsword to Master Armas Coamenel

Bagamu of Goi'Orka
Swornsword to Chief Ra'Gru of Clan Goi'Orka

Ryther Sonn,
Swornsword to Master Wonorm of House Urist

Najm al-Dīn Ayyūbid,
Swornsword to Emir Ṣalāḥ al-Dīn I Ayyūbid

Agu dra lihastoian
May they be blessed.

Arl Arnulf Redbeard of House Stronghelm​

With that the Assembly was called to a close on the eleventh day of Sun's Shadow. The Assembly agreed to meet in two months time to discuss issues facing the realm as well as the results of the proposals and missions issued in this month's Assembly.

((Main update still to come. Hope I'm not missing anybody for the quest.))

Last edited:
OOC: Sorry haven't been on today, my actions where:
Vote NO to the ban on slavery in the Empire
Vote NO to the ban on slavery in the city
Vote YES to contribute 20 gold to charity
Send Najm al-Dīn Ayyūbid and 20 Mamluks on the quest to Mount Kalaris
Send an expedition into the wilds led by Saladin. (I sent war orders I think)

The Halls of the Under King​
Quest to liberate lost treasure from Mount Kilare
Blessed by the ArchMage and his Scepter of Light, our heroes set out from the Golden City, for the long journey north, to Norseland. The party took a ship north and sailed along the Rill River. The waters of the river are turbulent in Sun's Shadow, but the angry mood of the river was matched only by the hot tempers within the ship. With so many proud men of different backgrounds and heritages manning a river skimmer, it didn't take for fights to break out. By the second week along the river, our champions were engaging in fist fights on a nightly basis. By the third week mugs of ale and bawdy songs began to follow the fights and the waters began to calm.

Three weeks and four days after setting out from the Golden City, our champions reached Norseland. The month of Snowfall was now upon them and the river was frozen and impossible to travel. Our heroes shored their river skimmer and had a great fire, letting the flames warm their bones as the cold assaulted their limbs and hearts.

"Enjoy the fire men." Said Arais Valerian. "This is Nord country, and this shall be the last feel of heat you shall have for some time. Unless you want a Rikeling horde dancing upon your corpses, that is."

Another five days of traveling and the party reached Mount Kildare. Climbing the heights of the mountain, they reached an open air shaft and descended down into the city, not knowing what they would find.

The dark was almost tangible when the champions reached the stone streets of the city. The blackness seemed to weigh them all down. Slumped and slow, the dwarves of the party took the lead, steering them away from the pitfalls and wells that were near impossible to see, even in the dim torchlight. The darkness crashing down on their bodies, our heroes pressed on toward the central vaults of the city.

Reaching the vault, Deagrin Burntbeard whispered an old spell known to his people, and the torches of the vault became lit in bright light one, by one, revealing an enormous chamber filled with only stone, debris and Rikelings.

The horrible war shriek of the Rieklings ripped through the ear drums of the party as forty of them charged at the invaders. Bone, blood and brains sprayed the walls and floors of the vault as our heroes answered their charge with a deafening cry of "DEATH!" It was as if the Dark One himself had leaked into the chamber and was hollering in all their ears. The party looked up from their killing to see Bagamu of Goi'Orka wielding a great two handed axe and cleaving the Rieklings as he sang his terrible battlesong. "DEATH!....DEATH!.....DEATH!" Soon all the party was singing as they visited demise on the enemies.

After the last rieklings fled in terror, our heroes found a partially collapsed corridor. A stone tablet marked a single door.

"What does it say," asked Leopold.

Ryther Sonn stepped forward, letting his fingertips run over the inscribed tablet. "Here lies the Under King, Lord of Kitha'Kalaris'Korakathas. Long did he reign... Short and to the point."

"I don't like this," said Atarian, gripping his sword tight.

"Nor do I... I sense something here... a void in the Light." Said Galdor.

Burntbeard pushed past them toward the door, "I do not fear the dead!"

Moria_dg3.jpg

Inside the chamber, along the sides was the wealth of the Under King. The exclamation of joy from the party was silenced by a shrill laugh that cut through them all like a knife. Falling to their knees, clutching their ears in a vain effort to silence the horrible laughter.

"Who goes here?! Who seeks my treasure?! No gold for you here. Only.... DEATH!"

"A Wraith!" Cried Galdor from the stone floor.

Before them, a dark shape materialized. Like the shadow of a man, the thing moved toward them, its shrill scream driving the heroes mad on the floor. The shadow enveloped Ryther, his body disintegrating to the lament of his horrible scream.

Crawling to the tomb of the Under King, Arais pushed the heavy lid of the dead king over, revealing a skeleton clutching a dusty warhammer. The Nord gripped the weapon, glyphs glowing along the hammer in a bright blue. "For Kalare!" Araris sunk the heavy hammer into the shadow-form of the wraith, Its terrible wail broke and the black mist dissipated into nothing.

The party looked up from the floor as Araris clutched the hammer. Burntbeard gasped, "The Hammer of Korak! King under the mountain!"

VICTORY

All parties receive 20 chests of gold!

All parties receive a claim on Hammer of Korak!

Ryther Sonn had died!

Araris Valerian, Champion of House Kalare, holds the Hammer of Korak!

House Kalare is now well known for holding
the Hammer of Korak!

Last edited:
"Araris, your quick thinking does you credit and you have my thanks. But you would be wise to let us bury that hammer properly in one of our own holds. The spirits of such old Kings are terrible, as you see. However splendid, such weapons can bring misfortune with them.

It cannot be left here for any bandit or goblin to loot. I ask you to allow me to take this back to Kogansunan, to entomb it with honor, engraved with runes of power to keep his shade quiet.

I would happily part with half my share of this bounty if you will agree to do this."

Nur ad-Din slowly rose after the closing of the Assembly he quickly moved towards Lord Kalare and began speaking:

"Hello my lord, I was tasked with my lord prior to his departure on creating alliances with other Lords and I believe that an alliance between our two Houses would be beneficial too both. I propose the betrothal of your 8 year old Daughter to His Heir, Nasir al-Din Ayyubid who is also 8 years old. Would that be acceptable to you?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Najm al-Din looked around the room and quickly noticed the pressing atmosphere, he could tell this would not end well. Their would almost certainly be fighting and few would try and leave due to the other races foolish "honor". Najm was held back by no such considerations and slowly backed away towards the door. Nobody noticed him moving away. when he reached the doorway Najm quickly hid behind the door and waited for the sounds of fighting coming from the inside.

The trip to Azeratii

It was the 5th day of sailing when Ra'Gru went out on the deck of boat the slavers had sent, it was here that he could see the docks of Azeratii, they where quite large even for a city that is know for slave trading, there also seemed to be several different docks. It was here that Aesar showed up.

Aesar was an Elf and had been friends with Ra'Gru since the age of 10, they grew up together in the camp of the Orcs. Aesar was light and very agile, when Ra'Gru became Chief he made Aesar the commander of his personal bodyguards and his spymaster, Ra'Gru had complete trust in Aesar’s abilities and skill.

Aesar

“My lord” Aesar said, “We are nearing the docks and are getting ready to leave the ship. On the docks we will be met by one of the slavers, the commander of the city guard, the mayor and the regent.
Ra'Gru nodded.
“Oh cheer up my lord” Aesar said.
“Hehe as always my friend” Ra'Gru said.

The ship then landed in the docks and they departed the ship together with the 10 guards that Ra'Gru had brought with him. When they got off the ship they were met by the slaver Fritorious Cortorii, the commander of the city guard, the regent and the mayor who looked oddly worried.

“Lets walk my lord” Fritorious Cortorii said.
“Sure, how has business been?” Ra'Gru asked.
“Slow my lord, the recent debates in the assembly have made new slave investors somewhat worried”
“Alright” Ra'Gru said.
“I wish to propose a deal” Ra'Gru said.
“ I am listening my lord” Fritorious Cortorii said.
“The wilds have a lot of people, people that can be captured. I will capture them for you, in return I want in on this slave market” Ra'Gru said.
“An interesting proposal my lord, I will certainly consider it and say it to the other slavers my lord” Fritorious Cortorii said.
“What do you think my lady?” Ra'Gru asked.
“Hm, I see no reason to object to this. Slavers do this all the time with the elves up north.” Anastanii said to Ra'Gru.
“Alright said” Ra'Gru said.
“Well Cortorii i hope you will bring my offer to the other slavers” said Ra'Gru.
“I will stay in this city for the week before returning to the Golden City, you will find me on the ship if you need anything” Ra'Gru then turned and headed off with the guard.

"Araris, your quick thinking does you credit and you have my thanks. But you would be wise to let us bury that hammer properly in one of our own holds. The spirits of such old Kings are terrible, as you see. However splendid, such weapons can bring misfortune with them.

It cannot be left here for any bandit or goblin to loot. I ask you to allow me to take this back to Kogansunan, to entomb it with honor, engraved with runes of power to keep his shade quiet.

I would happily part with half my share of this bounty if you will agree to do this."
"We would advise the Kalare family against bringing such cursed artifacts into the mountainhomes.It already cost one of our men,it is not impropable that the undead legions of the Under King will rise from their graves,maybe even raid the mountainhomes!We advise the Kalare Family to either sell this item to foreign merchants who will be unaware of the King's vengeful spirit or bury it in a secret location,maybe discouraging as such the restless undead legions from searching for it.I ask for the Assembly of Lords to get rid of this item as soon as possible,as there are not runes powerful enough to hold the undead.And if even there are,who is there to tell us that the skeletons that once served the Under King will rise to search for him?The next thing we want is a powerful undead King who is ready to lay waste upon our cities.I believe we should sell it to barbarians or unknown merchants who will leave to places far away.
We will also hold a funeral to Rythr Sonn.He was a great dwarf and a great hero.He will be remembered.We will send our condolences to the Rythr Family soon.
I also replace my dead champion,Rythr Sonn,with the Royal Guard Fel Jek.May he serves us like Rythr Sonn did".

Last edited:
News from Stronghelm, Norseland...

Arl Arnulf of Stronghelm has rejected a marriage proposal from Emir Ṣalāḥ al-Dīn I Ayyūbid. Instead the lord of Stronghelm has proposed a marriage pact with Count Gunther von Saxon between Lady Lyanna of Stronghelm and Wilhelm von Saxon.

((promised Marschulk I would take his orders via email as he is away on vacation... And I forgot, of course. Sorry Mars. Anyway I have written our Redbearded Nord into the quest and he had a nice roll and didn't die! :) ))

"We would advise the Kalare family against bringing such cursed artifacts into the mountainhomes.It already cost one of our men,it is not impropable that the undead legions of the Under King will rise from their graves,maybe even raid the mountainhomes!We advise the Kalare Family to either sell this item to foreign merchants who will be unaware of the King's vengeful spirit or bury it in a secret location,maybe discouraging as such the restless undead legions from searching for it.I ask for the Assembly of Lords to get rid of this item as soon as possible,as there are not runes powerful enough to hold the undead.And if even there are,who is there to tell us that the skeletons that once served the Under King will rise to search for him?The next thing we want is a powerful undead King who is ready to lay waste upon our cities.I believe we should sell it to barbarians or unknown merchants who will leave to places far away.
We will also hold a funeral to Rythr Sonn.He was a great dwarf and a great hero.He will be remembered.We will send our condolences to the Rythr Family soon.
I also replace my dead champion,Rythr Sonn,with the Royal Guard Fel Jek.May he serves us like Rythr Sonn did".

If not the Mountainhomes, then where could it be taken? We cannot allow it to fall into the hands of barbarians and foreigners. Who knows what use they might put it to? No, if it is not to be hidden away and buried, then I would rather have it in the hands of an honest Nord like Araris than not know where it lies. But I still think that entombed with respect, cloistered in a crypt graven with runes of binding, the hammer would be safest.

I'll not quarrel with Araris or his lord over this, as his swift thinking saved me from the fate that befell brave Rythr Sonn. The fate of the hammer is his to decide.

"Now that you mention,a glorious dwarven entombing might pacify the Spirit of the Under King.I don't want to take any chances however.As such,I still stand by my point that this cursed artifact should not be brought into the Mountainhomes,lest it becomes the reason of our fall.If the Kalaris family wishes to keep,so be it.I have warned you all about the catastrophic effects such artifacts can have to a society."

Snowfall, 1000 Age of the Empire
Army+of+Scorpions+2.jpg

Misri Mamluks push into the Wilds​

Into the Wilds...
Emir Saladin led a force of 1000 heavy horse into the Wilds to battle bandits who have raided and pillaged the border settlements during the rebellion. The lord of Misr met an army of bandits in battle and crushed the opposition losing 200 troops in the fight. A siege of an outlying bandit holdfast rendered a profit of 5 chests of gold.

Orcish Horde...
Goi'Orka orcs marched down from the mountains to meet their ruler at the Golden City upon his return from the Norseland. Panic spread like wildfire across the city as rumors abound of an Orcish horde that marched to rape, pillage and murder across Ecclestius. Lord-Captain Antonius of Grimm marched from the city with 2000 of the City Watch to meet the Orcs and learn their intentions. Unnerved by the prospect of an Orc army camped outside the city gates, Antonius of Grimm refused the orcs access and turned them away to the border, to await their leader at the foothills of Highathar. Meanwhile Chief Ra'Gru's trade mission to Azeratii City proved to be profitable, and earned the Goi'Orka clan five chests of gold. The army was joined however, by a throng of Orcish citizens of the Golden City, answering the call of Chief Ra'Gru to join his Clan. The influx of new Orcs has caused a one time boom of 5 chests of gold.

The Dwarve Renaissance...
Master Deagrin Burntbeard expounded the dwarve citizenry of the Golden City upon the lost glory of the Mountainhomes, hoping to achieve a burst of culture by luring Dwarves back to their homeland. Though some eagerly made the trip to return to Highathar, most seemed to fear change and grew content and lazy behind the protected walls of the city.

The invasion of Mirrorwater.
An army of an unknown number of troops have invaded the Galadriel province of Mirrorwater from the Nord city-state of Kalare led by Thane Kalerus Antillus, general sworn to House Kalare. By the time news spread to the other rulers of Agorath, Antillus had smashed the Elf army of Mirrorwater and suffered 400 casualties and looted 15 chests of gold in the siege. Kvothe Kalare is now famous for his victory on the battlefield and the Jarl's crown is within his grasp.

Dwarve Festival...
Before the end of Sun's Shadow, a great festival was held by House Urist to honor the Gods of the Dwarven Pantheon. The festival, along with a dazzling fireworks show sponsored by House Deagrin, was an astounding success and brought a brief escape from the hardships of everyday life within the Golden City. Wonorm of Urist and Burntbeard of Deagrin are both well known in the Golden City for holding the festival.

((Players are encouraged to write an IC of their victories))

Last edited:
Nur ad-Din slowly rose after the closing of the Assembly he quickly moved towards Lord Kalare and began speaking:

"Hello my lord, I was tasked with my lord prior to his departure on creating alliances with other Lords and I believe that an alliance between our two Houses would be beneficial too both. I propose the betrothal of your 8 year old Daughter to His Heir, Nasir al-Din Ayyubid who is also 8 years old. Would that be acceptable to you?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Najm al-Din looked around the room and quickly noticed the pressing atmosphere, he could tell this would not end well. Their would almost certainly be fighting and few would try and leave due to the other races foolish "honor". Najm was held back by no such considerations and slowly backed away towards the door. Nobody noticed him moving away. when he reached the doorway Najm quickly hid behind the door and waited for the sounds of fighting coming from the inside.

It would be of my utmost pleasure to accept your betrothal proposal between his 8 years old son an my 8 years old daughter : Alera
At the same time i propose to my steem Lord Gunther von Saxon a marriage between my lovely daughter Navaris and Wilhelm von Saxon