• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've recently started a Mod34 Armageddon game as Russia. Pretty fun, especially thanks to modifications brought by the mod. Better than vanilla, I'd say. :)

From my experience I guess that Roma is in very difficult position. Giving up the African front seems reasonable, as it would free your forces for more important tasks - more precisely, stopping the French steamroller. Once Eurosoviets get kicked out of Netherlands and Denmark, allowing the French to link up with the Swedes, Prussia will be crushed in no time. Russia is in simmilarly difficult position, but at least as Russia, you can give up some land and wait for General Frost to come. ;)

Given adequate support, APR may conquer Egypt and link up with the Persians in the Middle East. If you manage to maintain the front against the Ottomans until then and link up with your commie allies somewhere in Anatolia, you'll have the eastern flank secured. At least you should have. ;)

And one more thing - allied AI will most likely give you all their units as expeditionary forces once you gain common border. So be prepared ;)

And one more thing - allied AI will most likely give you all their units as expeditionary forces once you gain common border. So be prepared ;)

That's why I will assume military control of the European Soviets. If they lose their beachhead, I am screwed. And as I said, the AI won't ship in new troops and their tanks, so I will have to do that for them. I don't like to control them, but I see no other way.

im bussy with my own roma game atm, its going great (france is a good puppet xD). what i did was just hold my line with france and germany and pust into tunesia and egypt, its doable with your forces present then just slowly destory the ottomans and turn the tide!

but i also guess i was lucky, the europeon sovjets didn`t lose... well they where losing slowly but i came to there aid after the ottomans where finished. they hold copenhagen and kept the swedish abay. they did lose belgium and holland but in return they conquered some of germany so they did good.

In my Russian game Prussia consisted of a strip of provinces from Molodeczno to Tarnopol (Cossacks got annexed quickly) and I had to protect them with everything I could throw... So I know your pain.

As I thought, the Eastern front is our main problem. Debrecen is attacked from three German provinces and defeated very fast. I didn't pay attention and they retreated automatically to the worst possible province, to Szeged. I would have preferred Arad or even Satu Mare, but now I have a river between the retreating division and a possible counter-attack to Debrecen.

21.jpg

But before worrying too much about that, I use that newly arrived division in Szeged to counter-attack to Miskolc. Once again, I only want the Germans to run. Run you damn Germans, run!

22.jpg

A little bit more in the west, but still on the German border, I'm attacked at Munich from three sides and decide to use this to my advantage. I am attacked from Linz, Friedrichshafen and Nuremberg, so I am counter-attacking Linz and Friedrichshafen, while they concentrate on Munich. I have to retreat from Munich eventually, but they lose Friedrichshafen, have to run around a little bit in Linz and I can retake Munich quite easily.

23.jpg

Meanwhile I've tried to send around some spies, but only succeeded in sending one to Germany, the place where I need them the least.
My problem is now, that Germany and the Ottomans have the opportunity to connect via Trenjanin or Timisoara, if I don't do anything about that. Luckily, my 2 armored corps for the Balkans have arrived and I will station them in Trenjanin and/or Timisoara, so my troops at the Cossack-border don't get cut and I have some armored power, to throw either the Ottomans or the Germans back out of Nis or Debrecen.
My bombers are still busy bombing this infantry division in Tirana, but I'm not sure if they can destroy it completely.

24.jpg

Until my armored forces finally arrive, I try to retake Debrecen and Nis with the forces I have. Luckily, the Ottomans still don't have brought in their armor, so it's no problem in both provinces.

24.jpg

But will I be able to hold them, when the Ottomans really dare to push the attacks with their armor and will my reinforcements be enough to hold the line?

If I recall, the ottomans almost never protect Africa and heavily prioritise Persia then Europe so they shouldn't be too hard to defeat.

If I recall, the ottomans almost never protect Africa and heavily prioritise Persia then Europe so they shouldn't be too hard to defeat.
But it's not that easy to push through Africa, at least not yet. It all depends on how fast Angola can push into the Ottoman territory from the south and how fast I can free up divisions from the French-African border, but even then, I would rather send them to the European battlefield.

Interesting aar. Good luck.

I sadly have to announce that this AAR can not be continued...because I accidentally deleted the savefile, while reinstalling Arma :mad:

Maybe I'll come back to this scenario one day...but until then, I have other AARs to write ;)

Aww... :(

How much time did you lose then? You only updated through eleven days, could you possibly replay what you lost?

I didn't lose too much, but enough to kill my motivation. At least for now. As I said, I have 2 other AARs that will need my attention and maybe after finishing them, I will return to this scenario.

Definitely watching - we don't get enough Arma or Abyss AAR's.
Roma is a lot of fun, and Armageddon puts you right into the thick of things. Good luck.

[shameless plug] For an Abyss Scenario AAR, check A Flag Full of Staars in my sig[/shameless plug]