• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

heliostellar

Field Marshal
102 Badges
Dec 29, 2005
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Semper Fi
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
Has anyone tried to form India with one of the Indian minors? Is it even realistically possible? I've been playing as Germany and I've managed to completely annex all of India and this got me to thinking that it might be another fun challenge to take on Big Red but without the clout of being another massive European GP.

I'm thinking that either Panjab or Hyderabad might make the most sense. Panjab is quite large and would have access to other Indian minors to gobble up without running into problems with UK right away. Hyderabad seems like it's a lot more of a challenge since you're surrounded by UK territory.

Thoughts?

It's possible with Panjab. I know that someone (Raph? I think) has already posted his India game in the post your empire thread. You certainly don't take them on when you're an uncivilized minor, you build up a large Middle Eastern empire and attack them after you're civilized. I'm trying it right now and I've already beat the UK in one war. It was hard and frankly I don't think I'm going to have the patience to unite India, but I do think it would be possible from the position I am at now.

I did it as Panjab. I smashed Afghanistan and all the other middle eastern states up to and including Persia. I got civilized, then turned my wrath to GB and got the Crown from the Gutter event that made my job sooo much easier with tons of cores. After that, the Brits only had 2-3 full sized armies against my 700k mobilization force and 300k standing army. Even the British couldn't stand up to a million man army, and they quickly crumbled.

Not so sure if you could do it with Hyderabad. The hardest part would be un-satelliting yourself. Even if you did that building a big enough empire to have enough troops would be almost impossible with no sea access and no neihbors besides GB.

Reactions:
I did it as Panjab. I smashed Afghanistan and all the other middle eastern states up to and including Persia. I got civilized, then turned my wrath to GB and got the Crown from the Gutter event that made my job sooo much easier with tons of cores. After that, the Brits only had 2-3 full sized armies against my 700k mobilization force and 300k standing army. Even the British couldn't stand up to a million man army, and they quickly crumbled.

Not so sure if you could do it with Hyderabad. The hardest part would be un-satelliting yourself. Even if you did that building a big enough empire to have enough troops would be almost impossible with no sea access and no neihbors besides GB.

How does the Crown from the Gutter work for India? Do you annex anyone or does it just transform you into India? I'd imagine you'd have free CBs on UK once you're India...

With Hyderabad, you would have to resort to tweaking the save game to cut the satellite status or just really, really piss off your pops so that they revolt and get you out of British vassalage.

Beyond that, I was thinking that you could probably do the same and go off and conquer the Pakistani and Persian powers. You would have to slip back into UK's SOI perhaps, but you'd definitely need military access at least.

Maybe I should just start with Panjab for now though...

Another odd thing that I saw in my Germany game was when the Indian minors still satellited by UK went down to Indian Nationalists... I noticed that two were annexed by the UK. I'm not sure how or why. Maybe India was created in the one province and UK quickly declared war and annexed them? I'm not really sure. I might go back into my saves and observe it.

Has anyone else seen that happen before? It reminded me of V1 using VIP that when British India was occupied by a 3rd party it was automatically inherited by UK.

One time, I went onto the UK and released Mughalistan and then got another country to declare war on the UK demanding them to release Mughalistan and accepted it.
Then as Mughalistan you can get quite a large army and since the UK released you, you have pretty decent tech start, so then i invaded Panjab and from Panjab i headed south and by the time i got to the coast, i was a GP.
I was challenging myself to try and JUST unite India and not head out into the world to get colonies.
I think once you get nationalism etc you can actually fight a war of unification, so i would start a war off against the UK with one of those and i'd either add a "release puppet" or "free people" to the war because if they release one of the Indian minors, i could ally with them and if they free'd a region back to an Indian minor, it just means less British soldiers.

I actually managed to do it in the end except i didn't get Sikihm (i think i spelt that wrong) and Markran was i my SoI but didn't join when i formed India.

It's possible with Panjab. I know that someone (Raph? I think) has already posted his India game in the post your empire thread. You certainly don't take them on when you're an uncivilized minor, you build up a large Middle Eastern empire and attack them after you're civilized. I'm trying it right now and I've already beat the UK in one war. It was hard and frankly I don't think I'm going to have the patience to unite India, but I do think it would be possible from the position I am at now.

Yeah, that was me. I posted a pretty lengthy explanation of how I did it in that thread. There was also another India thread perhaps a week ago where it was discussed.

Doing it with another nation than Panjab might be hard, but at least Kalat and Makran would be viable since they're not sattelites and not surrounded by the UK.

Panjab starts with a galvanized capitol region of 2 million. Not to mention most of the non-satellites are the nations it borders. Unfortunately every time I try with them GB goes bonkers and devours everything in Asia. I'm convinced the only way to accomplish it is to get lucky and have a decent AI USA that gives Britain a run for it's money when they cross swords. Anything to get their WE up so you can blitz them during massive revolts. If Britain rolls, I can't see any way to get it done that doesn't involve massive headaches.

I also did it with Panjab. I played on very easy difficulty with a small research boost, thought, so that allowed me to civilize faster and get some prestige techs, but it didn't affect the size of my army which I incerased by conquering every country that is in modern day Pakistan in Victoria 2 (after the wars ended Panjab had the exact same borders as Pakistan) and getting all health care reforms very quickly. Good health care is a win button for Panjab, pretty much.

P.S Delhi region is a real industrial monster, so if you attack UK it's wise to prioritize it when you get land border with it. The population is massive, currently in my India game Delhi has like 1mil unemployed craftsmen and I can't employ them all, they just keep coming and coming while I'm not even finished with upgrading current factories.

I also did it with Panjab. I played on very easy difficulty with a small research boost, thought, so that allowed me to civilize faster and get some prestige techs, but it didn't affect the size of my army which I incerased by conquering every country that is in modern day Pakistan in Victoria 2 (after the wars ended Panjab had the exact same borders as Pakistan) and getting all health care reforms very quickly. Good health care is a win button for Panjab, pretty much.

P.S Delhi region is a real industrial monster, so if you attack UK it's wise to prioritize it when you get land border with it. The population is massive, currently in my India game Delhi has like 1mil unemployed craftsmen and I can't employ them all, they just keep coming and coming while I'm not even finished with upgrading current factories.

Delhi really is a valuable region, when I managed to get it from the Brits the war was more or less one, it really turns the tide. Also, before going for the brits, you might consider conquering Persia and the Central Asian nations and not just what's in modern-day Pakistan. Even some Chinese states if you can manage their hordes of poor soldiers.

Doing it with another nation than Panjab might be hard, but at least Kalat and Makran would be viable since they're not sattelites and not surrounded by the UK.

Sindh is possible as well, they aren't a satellite and they can move Northwest, conquering Pajab, Makran, Kalat, Afghanistan, etc. before facing the beast. The issue here is none of these other three nations has nearly the population that Panjab does. Sindh at least has 500,000 I think, but Makran and Kalat have absolutely tiny populations by Indian standards, under 100,000 adult males each. It will be very difficult to expand outwards with that when the nations bordering you for the most part have at least 800,000 (Afghanistan) and up to 2.2 million (Panjab).

Delhi really is a valuable region, when I managed to get it from the Brits the war was more or less one, it really turns the tide. Also, before going for the brits, you might consider conquering Persia and the Central Asian nations and not just what's in modern-day Pakistan. Even some Chinese states if you can manage their hordes of poor soldiers.

I agree. Delhi is probably one of the most important provices you can get in the game, except maybe a few choice provinces in China. It's the only state in the region that has several provices with over 1 million people. When I managed to snag this region and Bombay from the UK in my Germany game after taking some the other Indian provinces around Bengal, it was the tipping point and the beginning of the end of the British Raj. My military score skyrocketed over China's and was so high that I could vastly exceed the BB limit. I think by the time I was ready to put the game aside it was 1911 and had at least 500 Infamy points.

Raph, I didn't fight China because it was too risky. They managed to get around 2k brigades or so when I conquered Pakistan and I didn't even have close to that, they had atleast 100 brigades on my border and when I allied them I saw they had several more hundred nearby, so they would send in so many troops that my "elite" troops wouldn't be able to hold back the hordes. So I just allied them and they were good when it came to occupying India - I fought British troops, China conquered their provinces and fought off small stacks that were just created.

Yeah, that was me. I posted a pretty lengthy explanation of how I did it in that thread. There was also another India thread perhaps a week ago where it was discussed.

Do you happen to have a link to this thread?

is there a cheat to form india by event (crown from the gutter event)?

I've seen the rebels pop up for the Crown from the Gutter event, but it never causes India to form. It's probably because UK always puts them down, but also there needs to be an Indian GP to accept the crown.