• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Elusivehonor

大将軍
48 Badges
Sep 27, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Knights of Honor
  • BATTLETECH
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Prison Architect
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Cities: Skylines
Hello,

Been a long-time lurker on the PI forums, and when I saw this new game forum I immediately thought (like many others): Oh my God! It's Crusader Kings 2!

Upon learning that it "has nothing to do with CK" I was a bit disappointed, to say the least. However, reading through some of the threads in this forum, it led me to discover King Arthur: The Roleplaying Wargame. Let me tell you that it looks ****ing awesome! I love the fantasy setting, the real-time TW battles, and the RPG elements. That title is most certainly on my Christmas list. ;)

While looking at that game, it began to make me think about the possibilities of this game, and if its successful the possibilities of Paradox-Neocore partnerships in future titles. (Can anyone say CK2 on an engine like this?) So I've compiled a short "wish-list" of features that I want to be included in this game.

1) Historical Accuracy - Historical accuracy is hard to have in a video game. History doesn't usually equal fun to most people. However! In a game like this, I think a good smattering of Historical Accuracy makes the game seem more professional. Horns on horses look a little silly, and seeing Knights in full plate during the 3rd Crusade is a little jarring. Your graphics look beautiful, but some of your art could be a bit more realistic for my taste.

2) Large-scale Battles - Put as many men on the screen as you can. I'm not asking for 10-20,000 men here, but a nice balance between realism and gameplay would be something like the TW games. 2-5,000 men (In total, not per side) on screen captures the feel of Medeival battles enough, I think, to simulate the 3rd Crusade adequately.

3) More Voice-Overs - I know King Arthur didn't have too many, and it certainly doesn't get me any less excited about that game, but I do think Voice-Overs do help the immersion/enjoyment of a title.

4) Events/Decisions - This isn't a Paradox game, but I find events/decisions are so totally immersive that I can't even think to play anything without them. For instance there could be an event that gives Latin players who are doing poorly more troops from the West, or if Saladin isn't doing well perhaps some of his Emirs start revolts back in Egypt.

5) Supply Limits/Supply problems - You are in the Holy Land, which means you are essentially in the desert. Moving too far from water, for too long, can be a problem. Chainmail gets awfully hot. A system of attrition, nothing too severe of course, would be nice if you park your army in the middle of nowhere for too long.

I also want to ask for advanced diplomacy, but diplomacy seems beyond the scope of the games time frame (e.g. - Just a few years).

Anyway, I look forward to learning more, and I will most certainly be keeping my eye on this title.

Hi,

Thanks for your wish-list, now let’s see how good a fairy I am, fulfilling wishes.

1) Historical Accuracy - Lionheart - Kings’ Crusade wants to be as faithful to the chosen historical era as it is possible in a computer game, which requires some restrictions and necessary modifications. We’ll do our best :) About the horns: more knights, including some Templars wore such helmets those times.

2) Large-scale Battles – I cannot tell you an exact number for the moment, but I can promise you that in larger battles there will be definitely more than a thousand men fighting on the battlefield, and of course they will present you a great amount of variety in height, face, looks, in general they will all be unique as in real life.

3) There will be a lot more voice-overs in this game, we share your opinion and intend to focus on it this time. More info will come soon.

4) Events/Decisions – your political decisions will have a great deal of influence on the gameplay of course.

5) Supply limits – On the battlefield you’ll experience that for example in the desert the stamina of your heavy infantry will drop extremely fast and it’s not recovering unless you’re in an oasis. And if you’re not keeping an eye on the characteristics of the desert you might find yourself in a big trouble. :)

Hope it helped. What do you think?