• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Puck

Recruit
14 Badges
Jul 1, 2012
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • BATTLETECH
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
Firstly, thanks for the Beta invite and the great game. Not sure if you are after feedback yet, so if not, feel free to delete.

I just wanted to bring up a few issues after playing for about a week (lvl 26 currently). It's mainly refinement/aesthetic based issues that I wanted to bring up, and a few game play balances. So in no particular order (and acknowledging this is a Beta) ...

1. When starting a game and selecting a commander, the default 4 premade commander sets should cycle down once you start customising your own. Either that or the ability to replace them with your custom slots. At the moment it's a bit weird to have your most common picks 5th and onwards.

2. In the armoury screen, it would be useful if clicking on an equipped unit brought up that units equip/buy options, and instead have the unit types list as a separate button.

3. Option to set custom Commander images. Maybe have images change depending on weapon equipped.

4. How to equip both weapon and utility upgrades at the same time is unintuitive (the confirm button essentially limits choices to one or the other - whereas the current method, where clicking confirm isn't required at all if you have both weapon and utilities unlocked, isn't clear how to do without prior knowledge).

5. An encyclopaedia of all units, upgrades and powerups would be really useful.

6. The Infiltrator (and the associated skirmish/assassin types drones) feel a bit underpowered in 1v1 Battle mode. While mobility, surprise and melee are fun tactics, it's all to easy to be bullied out by more generalised builds of drone/tank combinations. Killing commanders can be problematic as your units are generally weak in this type of setup (and less able to contest defended areas). While it works fine in 3v3 where teammates can buffer your weaknesses, it's all to easy to just be muscled out as skirmish assassin in the 1v1 scenarios. Two particular issues are with the Phantasm (the Piledriver is better in almost all aspects and doesn't suffer so much from being kited/focused). The other shut down I've found for this type is the D-Shell armour - which was able to negate an Infiltrator with Executor, a Phantasm and Mincer Shotgun Commandoes, at the same time.

Thanks again!

hey man, beta forum is above this but im sure it will ge tmoved (cant see beta forum unless logged in). only thing i disagree with is dshell armor, i got crushed a few times with 0 chance of escape by 9 iron(slow) piledriver and a phantom (assumedly dark) just stomping my commander, nothing i had could kill them fast enough to prevent my death , and the infiltrator stealths away so i have to kill his units. phantom might need a slight speed increase or something havnt used it that much, but teamed with a driver its pretty nuts how fast they can kill a tank specced commander.