• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Aug 11, 2003
www.avidgamers.com
What's fanfiction word doing here. Can i put Stargate and etc. fanfiction here?

AARs are fanfiction. Stories derived from AARs are fanfiction -- they would be alternative history. However, it would be illegal to write fanfiction based on established characters without express permission from their creators. So, no Stargate.

To be perfectly fair, I don't think that anyone, anywhere, has ever been prosecuted for writing fanfiction. Its typically encouraged by a lot of franchises to promote popularity.

CyBlack said:
To be perfectly fair, I don't think that anyone, anywhere, has ever been prosecuted for writing fanfiction. Its typically encouraged by a lot of franchises to promote popularity.
Perhaps. But legally they can come after you with a cease & desist order, if not worse. Certain franchises have order unauthorised websites to close shop to protect their product -- not that I agree, but it's happened. Anyway, we're still looking at the fanfic angle...

Lord Durham said:
AARs are fanfiction. Stories derived from AARs are fanfiction -- they would be alternative history. However, it would be illegal to write fanfiction based on established characters without express permission from their creators. So, no Stargate.

Hmm...i'm not arguing, but shouldn't this forum renamed "AARS"

Free Company = Fanfic ;)

Valdemar said:
Lets just say at the moment we have only AARs, but some of the AARs border fanfic based on Paradox games...

For now, no other Fanfic is allowed.

V

Alright, i put them somewhere else then. But i'll put some AARS here when i get net into my home.

Ending of To Stand Against the Night=awesome fanfic

Based on an AAR though. So is it technically not allowed anymore, or since it's based on something based on a P'dox game is it still allowed? :p ;)

Also: MIA Company AAR=fanfic