• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

VBFusilier

Recruit
31 Badges
Apr 23, 2013
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • March of the Eagles
  • Magicka
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
Hello

After having thoroughly searched the MotE forums I haven't been able to find a thread listing the decisions for France.
I have two requests:​
  1. List all the french events and decisions;​
  2. Explain how to place Joseph Bonaparte in the Spanish throne and Murat on the throne of Naples.​
Thank you in advance.

"(...) when Spain is in a coalition with France and has less prestige, you can force an abdication of the bourbons and put your brother on the throne (...)"

I'm unable to link the source but it's from a thread named "[MOD] Napoleon's Path".

I dont understand if he was just talking about his mod or the vanilla game. I will try it nonetheless and let you guys know how I fare.

VBFusilier

Last edited:
Are you playing vanilla or with a mod?

I'm playing vanilla MotE as France. I want to get good at this game as this is my favourite time period but I don't have the skills to look into the txt. files and make sense of them. Would appreciate your help or anyone else that is knowledgeable of MotE.

I need a/an:
  1. list all the french events and decisions;
  2. explanation on how to place Joseph Bonaparte on the Spanish throne and Murat on the throne of Naples.

I already googled that part of history in wikipedia and already have an idea of what I should be doing but I need accurate info about how to do it ingame.

To give you some help, on Steam>...>March of the Eagles>decisions/events have data in txt. files. I just can't make any sense out of it. I need to know the requirements and the options you get to pick (and what they give you as bonus/malus).

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
OK, so during my french campaign I was able to make a Satellite of Spain and place the crown on Joseph Bonaparte's head. However he is also the King of Naples and I can't get the event for the coronation of Joachim Murat as King of Naples to fire!!!

Naples has been formed for 10 years or so. I got a "New King of Naples" event some time ago, to replace the existing monarch with Joseph Bonaparte. That's what happens in history; then he is made King of Spain and Murat is made King of Naples. Do I have to do it in a certain timeframe? Does it only fire sometimes? Is it bugged?

Thanks
Fusilier

From looking at the vanilla event it looks bugged to me. It sets a code flag but the event to put Murat on the kingdom is triggered only. The Spanish event does not trigger it.

• 1Like
Reactions:
From looking at the vanilla event it looks bugged to me. It sets a code flag but the event to put Murat on the kingdom is triggered only. The Spanish event does not trigger it.
I'm looking at the .txt file now and it says in the "King of Spain" event, if you select the option "Joseph" it should automatically set Murat as King of Naples, just like you said. But it didn't. Or perhaps it should trigger a second event called "Joachim Murat, King of Naples".

I'm going to wait a full ingame year to see if the event pops up at some point...

Do you know what triggers the event "Joachim Murat, King of Naples"? When I make him King of Spain, he becomes King of both Spain and Naples :S

Last edited: