• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
Flame of Udûn said:
btw, I may want to join, as Spain. Could you hold it for me please? :)

OK, but I'd like confirmation as soon as possible so we don't stand there without Spain the next Friday. :) (I am quite happy to have you as Spain though; it is generally considered to be a boring nation and as such it is hard to find players for it.)

Lord Ederon said:
I'd like to join this game. Do you think it'd be possible to move the time at least 30mins earlier? At least ending time. If not, I'm not sure if I can be regular player, maybe sub instead.

My country choice would be France or Austria

We cannot move starting time, but we can move ending time (though if we only have 3.5 hours of play we will need to get started 20.00 sharp). I'll put you in as Austria for now then, and please tell us your ICQ as well.

Seen said:
Any starting things for NL? Is it forced released...what time....starting money/ships/troops .... :rolleyes:

We can decide on that. Things can could go into the release of NL:

1. Must be forced released as a vassal at year X.
2. It may not be attacked for Y years.
3. It gets Z ducats when released/declared independence.
4. That should do; perhaps ships could be added but troops NL could build anyway.

Flame of Udûn said:
What about edits between sessions? Can we request them through deals? Or if a sub (not AI) ruins my country?

The GMs are humans is all I have to say. :D Really, if a country gets incredibly screwed up by a sub I and SGA will decide for the appropiate action in order to save that country. What I wanted to say in rules (and I will need to rephrase it), is that edits will not be that common hopefully. If a sub lost a war, no edits will usually be done unless it is clear that sub totally wrecked the country in one way or another.

Or to invest in technology. ;)

Either way, I think we can live with ending 30 mins earlier every third week (or at least get a sub). My only problem is that I've already been forced to cut down on the playing times I originally envisioned; after all I do want to finish this game before next summer if possible.

Flame of Udûn said:
what about treaties and deals? :)

I guess it depends on what kind of sub you got. If you got a sub which you authorized to play in your name any deal he makes will be valid. If you were assigned a random sub (and it proves this sub plays like an idiot), any deals with that sub are not valid (and some edits might be in order).

Elio Vasa said:
I read your thread, Enigma, so I want to enter as perm.
You can decide my pick, I'll respect the rules.
Pls edit a reply: Poland, Sweden, Venice, your decision.

Poland will be very hard, are you aware of that? You will need to be a really good player; tell me if you want another country. :)

Last edited:
Elio Vasa said:
In these MP games, which is an easy Country?
Dear Co-GM, gimme Denmark as perm (if there are troubles Papal States).
Hungary, Venice, Lithuania, TO, Mameluks, Genoa are the same with handicap.
P.S. A greeting to Van Hengel and Flamey, that maybe wanted to forget my user name ...

When I define Poland as "hard" or "difficult" it is because they tend to get eliminated somewhere before the end of the game. That's because everyone are out to get their ass: Russia, Austria, Prussia and Sweden all benefit from a partioned Poland (as happened in reality).

Ironfoundersson said:
And such statements are reasons for a total war :D

but tis is getting OT

Agreed.

A more general questions: Will you want stats or not? No stats + honourable players means tactical elements will be preserved between sessions. No stats + cheating players (looking at save game of other nations) will essentially have the same effects as stats (except exact troop positions are not known). I am neutral in this issue; it is up to you to decide whether you want stats or not. The positive benefit of stats are of course that they can be very interesting in the course of development of a country.

Lord Ederon said:
Maybe we can store aftersession saves and each -say- 100 years do stats. Otherwise I'm for no stats+honourable players :)

You just gave me an idea. Let's release stats with one session of delay. This would mean no critical information became public in an event such as a war etc. I believe this is a viable alternative (it still assumes we have honourable players though ;)).

Chas said:
Hi. I'll have a go, played SP quite a bit, but never MP.
I'll try the Timurids/Mughals if you like - when I did it in SP the revolts were a pain, but maybe I'll miss the first few decades of human aggression.

EDIT: ICQ is 337-518-221

I'll talk to you in ICQ about country selection.