• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Spains income is very dependent upon its stability since a large part of my empire is non-state religion and culture....I believe I saw an income breakdown showing the ai earning something like 6000d per year....during this turn I "only" earned about 300d per month + census...so when maintaining my army and navy I could rack in about 170d per month...I have this nagging feeling that while my CRC is great for my morale it is not exactly a boon to my income!

regarding pagans!...I dont really wanted to grab the NA pagans but I figured that if I didnt then France would...and I had this naive notion that I could succed in keeping France from consolidating a base in the Americas....I think removing the pagans entirely is just a bit dramatic...I can see a couple of possible fixes:

1) remove them
2) play on VH and edit BB
3) make the NA pagans...non-pagan so its a lot more trouble grabbing them.*

*(u cant annex them at once...thus gaining thier big army to annex the next with...this is usually the way u can grab them all with a starting force of 20k and end up with an army of 50k)
4)

If u are interested....I would be willing to start a new game...using same team and rules but switching sides ;)

The real tragedy is that I finally managed to get Sweden’s manpower up to the point where I could take on Russia and we’re calling it quits! :( All right I agree that Boehm is too big to overcome. ;)

This does point to the weakness in the game. Victory is going to go to the country that quickly and successfully expands in the New World. This is basically going to be the pattern for the next game and the next. Not sure what to do about it. Maybe replace Spain with Portugal? :p Well maybe England would be a better choice? Of course that then leaves France as the unstoppable force. Seriously maybe selecting smaller countries to start with but still large enough to survive. Is there a better part of the world where things are more balanced?

Anyway well done forces of evil. You have won and taken over the world. :rolleyes: :D

Joe

One suggestion I have is we play again with the same countries. My reasoning is that we won't play them the same way. Seeing the mistakes that were made on both sides would cause us to play differently the second time and may present a different game and more of a challange? I would however change the country rotation and have Boehm play last with Spain.:D Just a way to try something interesting. Thoughts?

Joe

As I see it the reason why the new world is soo attractive has a lot to do with the cheap annexation of the pagans....so to avoid this we can either play on VH using somekind of BB edit...or we can quite simple forbid attacks on the pagan nations during the HUMAN turns.....this should seriously slow down the conquest of the new world (ofcause u are allowed to station 50k and a conquistador in your colony next to the Inca....hoping that your ai will use them wisely!).

as for a new game...hmm I actually like my idea from the other game Im playing where each player has 2 countries he can choose between each turn (u cannot play the same country more than twice in a row and at the end u must have played them the same number of turns!) so that it will be less predictable which country will be played when. - This rule can both be used both in a teamgame or in a everyone vs everyone.

Boehm, there is also the option that I earlier mentioned - editing out the New World nations via the scenario editor. It doesn't take too much to accomplish, I could likely do that this weekend.

I also am enjoying the "get two countries to play" version. It makes for a more dynamic Europe... since this game already has 6 players, we would definitely need short turns. Max of 5, although I think 4 year turns might be doable (or is that just me?). The reason I say 4 year turns is that it cuts down the mass invasions/overwhelming gains that you can accomplish in the extra year, it cuts down the prospects of creating a superpower, and it gives you more long term control over each country. Plus we'd get control over 12 countries! The six we played with, plus six more... (denmark, england, brandenburg, venice, poland, ?...)

I like Boehm's idea of no human attacks in the New World against the natives. Ludovico idea also would seem to work. I don't mind the two countries approach either. Although it might be hard to play teams with that format. Has anyone tried it? I think it's a good idea to go to 4 year turns in the next game if we stay with 6 players. If an opening comes up your welcome to join wathombe. Is everyone returning for the next game?

Joe

Originally posted by Storey
I like Boehm's idea of no human attacks in the New World against the natives. Ludovico idea also would seem to work. I don't mind the two countries approach either. Although it might be hard to play teams with that format. Has anyone tried it? I think it's a good idea to go to 4 year turns in the next game if we stay with 6 players. If an opening comes up your welcome to join wathombe. Is everyone returning for the next game?

Joe

I think with my impending operation I'll give the next game a miss thanks.

Originally posted by Ludovico
Wathombe as official reserve sounds good to me... do we want 5 or 6 players? if 6 Wathombe can replace Wyvern.

Wyvern, good luck on the op! Perhaps another time...

Lets go with 6 players and 4 year turns. If we can lets try teams again.
Welcome wathombe! My best on your operation Wyvern!

Joe

drat wathombe beat me:mad:

I like the idea for editing out the new world countries. It would also be a good idea to take out those gold countries in Africa. Well if you ever need a spare spare ( :rolleyes: ) just let me know and I'll be glad to play.:)