• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you here - it also seems like it would be an easier converter to make for a myriad of reasons

On the contrary. Making any converter to HoI3 is going to be a nightmare considering the 10k or so provinces. As I understand it, converting the provinces is the most time consuming part in making a converter.

Actually, the beginning is EU: Rome. Sadly, we're missing a good thousand years or so of history between them though. :p:(

Bah! Humbug!

Can't wait to see the first fascist Byzantine flag.

Palaiologos-Dynasty-Eagle.svg

From the Palaiologos era. This shouldn't be too hard to adapt...

As far as provinces go, there are no regions where V II has fewer provinces than EU III, right? If it was the other way around, you might lose some of your possessions in the conversion...

As a relative neophyte to Paradox games, I have to ask: how did the previous converter handle things like the Timurids surviving until 1821? Would it just turn them into some roughly similar nation?

This would be the single coolest user modification for Vicky 2. I tried to search the forums but didn't find anything. Is someone working on this or planning to be working?

Sick and tired of it I am.

Old series ported over to each title well. now we're stuck with no converting at all with this AMAZING BEAUTIFUL NEWLY CREATED SERIES.

Pleaassse get this sorted Paradox, help the modders, do it yourself, mandate the creation of a QUALITY converter and my life will be yours. I'll buy all your games a second time!

A EU3 to V2 converter will have a series of problems:
1.) Technology/Invention mapping.
2.) Country mapping for countries that exist in first game but not second (CK -> EU3 converter came out extremely wonky for this reason)
3.) Creating POPs from EU3's single culture/religion to V2's multi-culture/religion system.
4.) When will a vassal be made a satellite, and when will it be in the starting SoI? How are starting SoI's to be mapped?
5.) Starting factories. EU3 manufactories do not translate well.
6.) Starting armies/navies.
7.) Economic balancing. V2's starting scenario has a decent economic balance. A EU3 -> V2 scenario probably would not.
8.) How do you determine starting literacy rates? Starting militancy/consciousness?

Sick and tired of it I am.

Old series ported over to each title well. now we're stuck with no converting at all with this AMAZING BEAUTIFUL NEWLY CREATED SERIES.

Pleaassse get this sorted Paradox, help the modders, do it yourself, mandate the creation of a QUALITY converter and my life will be yours. I'll buy all your games a second time!

There have only been 2 converters (CK-EUII and V:R-HoI2) neither have them ported very well.

Also a converter from EUIII-V2 would have to be made with EUIII not with V2.

Also this is more a question for the modding sub-forum so thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.