• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sarys

Captain
60 Badges
Apr 18, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Prison Architect
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Victoria 2
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Rome: Vae Victis
Hello! I just want to know is Europa Universalis II Asian Chapters worth to buy if I have EU II already? Or if I buy EU II Asian Chapters do I need EU II anymore (original one)?

Asian Chapters was licensed by PI to, and so written by, an entirely unrelated company in Asia. Aside from the name and some thematic content it's really a separate game.

I've never seen it and can't comment on its quality, but you certainly do NOT need EU2 or anything else to play it, it's entirely free-standing.

Asian Chapters was licensed by PI to, and so written by, an entirely unrelated company in Asia. Aside from the name and some thematic content it's really a separate game.

I've never seen it and can't comment on its quality, but you certainly do NOT need EU2 or anything else to play it, it's entirely free-standing.

But I presume I should keep my original EU 2 and not give it away.

EDIT: Looks like I can't have EU2 and EU2 AC at the same time......Witch one I should use?

Last edited:
EDIT: Looks like I can't have EU2 and EU2 AC at the same time......
Why not?
Witch one I should use?
As I said, I really have no idea about Asian Chapters, so I can't say. Probably For the Glory is a better version of EU2 that either of them, and EU3 better still ...

Hello! I just want to know is Europa Universalis II Asian Chapters worth to buy if I have EU II already? Or if I buy EU II Asian Chapters do I need EU II anymore (original one)?

Check this out, Sarys http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?193178-EU2-Asian-Chapters-What-you-need-to-know

You may want to read below to my post: I'm going the FTG route and I am very interested in doing stuff with Asian countries. I just get the impression looking at the FTG forum that this is the best choice between those two alternatives (Asian Chapters or FTG)

Last edited:
Why not?

Probably For the Glory is a better version of EU2 that either of them, and EU3 better still ...
That was EXACTLY what I was looking for!! Thanks, Sarys for starting this thread, but thanks AndrewT for that comparison because I found it doing a google search for "For the Glory vs EU2 Asian Chapters" This thread helped me and maybe the next person that wanders by...

I'll add a little more value from a searchability standpoint: Why do I want to get FTG? Look at my badges: I own all of EU3, so what gives? Here's why: unfortunately, I am reduced to gaming for the time being on a graphically challenged laptop that has the good old Intel onboard graphics from a few years ago.

I have discovered this: If I look at the system requirements of any Paradox game (like Arsenal of Democracy (AoD), Europa Universalis (EU2) and any other Paradox title that shows graphics hardware requirements of Video:

4 Mb Video Card DirectX CompatibleSound: DirectX compatible Sound Card DirectX®: DirectX 8 or higher

run fine on my older laptop!

Admittedly, AoD can take up to 5 minutes to load up a game, but I can find something to do for 5 minutes. So if you have an older lapto and you want to play Paradox games on it, go back to the older titles!! Many of you probably own them anyway!

Like a dumbass, I thew my physical CD's out for Victoria 1, EU2 and Crusader Kings 1. Doesn't really matter that much except I'm very broke right about now. This Gamersgate summer sale is allowing me to get some of these older ones for pennies. Today, Saturday, July 28th 2012), the whole EU franchise is 75% off on Gamer's Gate

So running Paradox games on Intel Graphics Chipset hardware is working fine for me. If anyone else has noticed this, chime in.

Proving the superiority of Paradox games, these older titles still have active forums going. For this gamer, that's one of the tests I use to determine a games value

Sorry this is was so long.