• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

papapyro

Captain
20 Badges
Jul 11, 2017
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
I'm a veteran player with fond memories of learning loads about EU4 thanks to Arumba's videos. However, he's moved from his old format of short videos to streaming and uploading VODs from those streams. I'm not really interested in those, though, since he spends loads of time interacting with chat and doing other stuff. Are there any YouTubers these days who do videos similar to his old ones?

I should perhaps specify that I'm looking for someone who does unedited Let's Plays, is fairly good at the game, and occasionally goes a bit more in-depth in explaining certain mechanics or decisions that they make. I think those were the aspects of old Arumba that I enjoyed most.

• 2Like
Reactions:
The Playmaker sometimes post his full runs and streams live. His playthrough are often very bonkers though, not sure if that is what you are looking for.

Reactions:
YouTube since a few years really stopped supporting let's plays, so almost all of those content creators have had to change in order to still get an income.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Siu-King is one of the few english “pro“ players who is still posting full EU4 playthroughs on youtube without Twitchstream (at least most of them). lot of tipps/explaining there, but kind of a strange character as well (but that was arumba as well)

Reactions:
eu4 market is filled wc filth. you wont find anyone like arumba who autistically explains everything everytime all the time. he is still fun to watch occasionally since he is very competent at what he is doing. and you can only watch him occassionally since he streams once in every 2 months. there was also a guy called lemon something who made one single fun video. other than that watch the polish guy play mp its way more fun than the bloated garbage that is sp.

Reactions:
Siu-King is one of the few english “pro“ players who is still posting full EU4 playthroughs on youtube without Twitchstream (at least most of them). lot of tipps/explaining there, but kind of a strange character as well (but that was arumba as well)
Didnt that racist get banned from twitch?

But on topic; Youtube's algorithm has definitely moved away from unedited lets play style content being remotely viable. That kind of stuff basically all moved to twitch now. You will find some that do it still, but it isnt nearly as popular or prevalent as it was.

Reactions:
I enjoy watching Strategy Sphere. Pretty good at explaining stuff. The Playmaker isn't very good at the game he just comes up with elaborate strategys. He plays very sloppy though and lacks knowledge of certain mechanics.

Zlewik is probably the best content creator right now though.

Reactions:
One guy mentioned AbsoluteHabibi. He's a great multiplayer guy to watch. The Red Hawk (https://m.youtube.com/@TheRedHawk/videos) is doing an alphabetic run of every single country that exists on EU4 and Ludi et Historia (https://m.youtube.com/@LudietHistoria/videos) does some very informative EU4 runs, both of them are great for learning not only about the game and how it works but also learn actual history as well. I think the last two will be what you are looking for.

• 1Like
Reactions:
One guy mentioned AbsoluteHabibi. He's a great multiplayer guy to watch. The Red Hawk (https://m.youtube.com/@TheRedHawk/videos) is doing an alphabetic run of every single country that exists on EU4 and Ludi et Historia (https://m.youtube.com/@LudietHistoria/videos) does some very informative EU4 runs, both of them are great for learning not only about the game and how it works but also learn actual history as well. I think the last two will be what you are looking for.
Ludi has been caught not once, but several times, using console commands in-game while creating guides to get achievements.

So his trustworthiness is… low.

His “stackum-wipum” shtick is funny the first few times, but after 50 or so I find it grating and hard to listen to. Your mileage may vary.

His videos thumbnails (as of about 18 months ago when I unsubscribed) were pure clickbait BS. “Everything about this nation in the new release is totally broken!” And it’s a basic mechanic that literally anyone can do with any nation. It’s not a broken nation, or a broken mechanic, it’s knowing how to find the right timing to seize the opportunity to use a mechanic to greatest effect.

This again makes his trustworthiness… low.

Reactions:
Ludi has been caught not once, but several times, using console commands in-game while creating guides to get achievements.

So his trustworthiness is… low.

His “stackum-wipum” shtick is funny the first few times, but after 50 or so I find it grating and hard to listen to. Your mileage may vary.

His videos thumbnails (as of about 18 months ago when I unsubscribed) were pure clickbait BS. “Everything about this nation in the new release is totally broken!” And it’s a basic mechanic that literally anyone can do with any nation. It’s not a broken nation, or a broken mechanic, it’s knowing how to find the right timing to seize the opportunity to use a mechanic to greatest effect.

This again makes his trustworthiness… low.
Yes I will agree he does try way too hard. Definitely way too much click bait titles. I kinda figured he didn't do true ironman mode but his videos do work and can be followed. I just really like when he starts rambling about history. His walkthroughs are pretty easy to follow and have followed his video to figure out how to do a Knight's of Rhodes. Personally The Red Hawk is my favorite. He does all nations even releasables, talks about history and does save game reviews.

Ludi has his playthroughs available online, so if you doubt them you can check it out yourself

I learned the most from Zlewikk's videos. I've watched the others mentioned in this thread too but find them less informative and maybe going for entertainment instead which is fine but just different to what I'm looking for.

Would be nice if Zlewikk could play less multiplayer and do more SP but he has his own priorities I guess.

• 1Like
Reactions: