EU4 Dev Clash #10 - Rule Britannia - Tuesdays 15:00 CET

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
More accurate for Britain :p

This is one of those rare instances where Orthodox really excels actually. The consecrated Metropolitan states gets half as much devastation as one would otherwise get from Blockade :)

Finally Devclash returns!

So many interesting things happening/could happen (and not all necessarily as part of the main attraction):

First and foremost, the continuation of the epic east-west Roman War!

Second, will Asia look west, or will the Japan-Ming-Manchu-Qing and Malaya-Bharat alliances tear the continent asunder in their own great war?

Third, will the new African block intervene on one side or the other, finally showing the combined power of their continent, or will they fall back into old rivalries and infighting?

Fourth: What will happen to poor Spain and France? Will their once mighty alliance ever be able to escape from their Patagonian exile?

Fifth: Will Johan 1.0 switch sides yet again? Is the Grand Johanic Conspiracy Dead or is the King of Britain merely waiting to double cross StarNan?

Sixth: The ongoing quest of Portugal to bring Valfard to the far reaches of the world. Could this finally be their time to make a name for themselves on Europe?

Seventh: Servanada - escaped Austrian overlordship but now boxed in by the Thirteen Colonies. Will they be able to persevere in their quest to bring freedom and maple syrup to the new world or will they remain enthralled to the British Navy and ghosts of their past (Austria/HRE)?

Eighth:

Tomorrow the world will burn yet again!

Will Groogy be located (or relocated?) for the coming Devclash? Who else can save the burning world?

And of course all the glorious player propaganda and fan facts that the clashes generate! Can't wait to see what happens!

Will Groogy be located (or relocated?) for the coming Devclash? Who else can save the burning world?

And of course all the glorious player propaganda and fan facts that the clashes generate! Can't wait to see what happens!

Pretty much the whole world is under player control now, there is nowhere to relocate him.

I'm curious though, how much time did StarNaN and KaiserJohan spend experimenting on the savegame of last session? :p

Some one just needs to do something about the Persian troops now and the the Central block might actually lose. I'm not saying that Asia should invade while their backs are turned but... they should invade while there backs are turned.

EDIT:

Persia has spent all of its professionalism to slacken manpower. I have spent roughly 25% myself, down to 72%. We are loosing our quality advantage with every battle while the HRE block drowns in money and can toss endless mercenaries at us. We cannot survive a war of attrition - we must win quickly or be destined to loose the war!

Pretty much the whole world is under player control now, there is nowhere to relocate him.

I'm curious though, how much time did StarNaN and KaiserJohan spend experimenting on the savegame of last session? :p

Normally I would but player wars are so chaotic. With the exception of some on-load setup you have to mostly adapt on the fly :)

In all this, I really wonder what Malaya and friends are going to do. It really does matter, because if they jump on the Kaiser, it's fork time for him. If I were them, I'd funnel money into the HRE bloc. It achieves their long held dream of pulling down the Kaiser, but at the same time doesn't leave them with a truce, meaning they can give him a little extra beating after the HRE is done with him. Since it's my idea though, it's probably not that good.

In all this, I really wonder what Malaya and friends are going to do. It really does matter, because if they jump on the Kaiser, it's fork time for him. If I were them, I'd funnel money into the HRE bloc. It achieves their long held dream of pulling down the Kaiser, but at the same time doesn't leave them with a truce, meaning they can give him a little extra beating after the HRE is done with him. Since it's my idea though, it's probably not that good.
If KJ's post announcing the big clash between his and StarNaN's alliances is to be believed, some of the other Asian nations have sided with him - I remember Ming and Japan, but not sure about anyone else. So it might have been a "if you don't attack, we won't either" situation between them? If any other major power will join on StarNaN's side without a counterweight in Blurple's favour, I fully expect that KJ is going to get completely stomped. No offense meant in regards to his ability, but his situation is dire enough as is, given how much more powerful and stable the HRE's economy is.

Im very surprised KJ side is giving that much of a fight to the HRE block. I still don't think he will be able to win against the HRE block, specially after all the reforms have passed. Still, kudos for giving that much of a fight!

I'm betting on a Quing/other Asian powers war this session.

1) Into Quing is a natural expansion path for all of them, and weak enough for them to take on - maybe even fairly easily, if they coordinate well. KJ doesn't really have the resources to interfere, so it's safe enough.
2) A long truce with Quing will give them freedom to go after KJ without the risk of a Manchu intervention at the wrong moment.
3) If they do nothing this session, East Asia looks lame compared to Europe: we need to see those nations light something up.

As for Portugal, I can't see them getting on the wrong side of the HRE and risking war at home, but they might try to use any chaos elsewhere to extend their footholds in the trade company regions (see e.g. conquest of Madagascar while Kilwa was busy fighting Fido's Kingo). If my other predicition is right and the King of Välfärd is on the ball with making deals, maybe we'll see Portuguese traders in Canton? I'm not expecting it but I hope it.

No idea what Africa is gonna be up to though. I'm on tenterhooks there.

While we as spectators are witnessing a repetition of the historical Ottoman-Habsburg wars in Hungary, I can only ask each player to look into the center of his heart and soul confront himself: When you soon stand on the brink of the end of time and await your final judgement, what man are you? What have you done? And what defines you?

Will you stand on the side of an offensive player or a defensive one? Are you challenging destiny and try to take faith in your own hand and change the world, or will you hide in the skirts of a Holy Roman Emperor?

Your actions will define you, but you still have time to prove or redeem yourself!
end of time.jpg

Super hyped for this session. An 1 hour war teaser in three weeks is just not enough :)
Any pre-session propaganda or last words? :D

I think both me and Starnan are as nervous as we can get... this whole season has been a long buildup to this moment :D