• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
What if you run it directly from the EU2 directory (execute EU2.exe)? Has it ever worked on this machine?

Also, try renaming the AVI directory to something like AVI-BACK.

wow I am having this problem too. I am playing it after a year and half or so.

The screen just goes blank and after I close the program... I get an error saying the Bink video isn't working... (i don't know if this is my own software or EU's).

any help?

shwin said:
wow I am having this problem too. I am playing it after a year and half or so.

The screen just goes blank and after I close the program... I get an error saying the Bink video isn't working... (i don't know if this is my own software or EU's).

any help?

AndrewT said:
Also, try renaming the AVI directory to something like AVI-BACK.
:)

You don't, and I wasn't suggesting doing that.

Using Windows Explorer navigate to the directory you installed EU2 into. Under it you will see a directory AVI. Right-click on it and choose Rename, and change it to AVI-BACK or something like that. If the problem continues, again Windows Explorer navigate to the directory you installed EU2 into. Find EU2.exe and double-click on it, does it work now?

I just updated my comp and now EUII doesn't work. I use XP as an operating system but it should still work. I've been playing EUII for something like 5 years and as of yesterday it just wouldn't work. Could it be that when I updated my comp something happened to the game?

And sorry, but I have no idea how to even get to the directory.

Uninstall EU2 completely, instructions here - make sure you copy any valued save games elsewhere first.

Then install EU2 then 1.09 immediately. Rename the AVI directory using Windows Explorer (ie double-click on the My Computer icon on the desktop), as I said before. Then you should be able to run it OK.