• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I do a confusion, the crash occurs when you try to add a action and there are already 4 actions...I know, my fault, but I think is a usual bottom that you press wrong.

Originally posted by hilal
I do a confusion, the crash occurs when you try to add a action and there are already 4 actions...I know, my fault, but I think is a usual bottom that you press wrong.

Ah, okay. That makes more sense. Thanks for looking into it, I'll get this fixed ASAP.

technically challenged

Thanks dannysmurf for all the good work. Tell me if the eu2 event editor will allow me to do this:

event for castille 1469
isabella has choice:
1- marry afonso V - which case portugal becomes vassal of castille
2- marry ferdinand - which case aragon becomes vassal of castille

Re: technically challenged

Originally posted by cato
Thanks dannysmurf for all the good work. Tell me if the eu2 event editor will allow me to do this:

event for castille 1469
isabella has choice:
1- marry afonso V - which case portugal becomes vassal of castille
2- marry ferdinand - which case aragon becomes vassal of castille

Absolutely it will. Just find that event, and you'll be able to change it as if you've written it yourself.

Originally posted by senex
how can i see in english what the actual choices are instead of event numbers, is there some way to see this?

In the build you have, you can't.

The next release will be able to do this. It's finished, I'm just doing some cleanup work on it now, so it will be out any time.

Originally posted by Dagfinn
Ehum, Danny. Iv been to your site and I cant find any new version???

Yes I'v refreshed... :rolleyes:

I don't know what it is, but my server is wonky. The new page is always there when I say it is. But sometimes you gotta refresh once or twice to get the newest version. And sometimes, even that doesn't help. My ISP's got a cache or something. :rolleyes: I've even taken to renaming each file with its build number because if I don't, the new one won't come through from the download link for a couple of days at the minimum. Everyone'll still get the cached version.

PS.

For anyone that couldn't get it earlier, the new build IS up there. I named a file wrong, so only the update download has been working properly. Both of the install downloads are available now.

Special effect

Ehum Danny, your shot at pleasing those of us that want to remove the random events was not sucessfull.

You must not remove the command = { xxxxx } entierly, but you have to leave them empty, like this: command = { }. If not, atleast mine copy of EU2 wont start...

There is probably not many using that function, but since you made a effort to put it in your GREAT editor, it might as well work... :D

Re: Special effect

Originally posted by Dagfinn
There is probably not many using that function, but since you made a effort to put it in your GREAT editor, it might as well work... :D

Indeed it might. And now it does. Build 129b is now up, and does just what you described in your post.

I actually had this done a couple of days ago, but I was STUPIDLY building the Debug version instead of Release, and couldn't figure out why it wasn't working... :rolleyes:

Anyway... the ONLY change in this build is the Strip All Commands thing, so anyone who already has Build 129, don't bother updating unless you want this feature.

Re: one bug

Originally posted by rosoner
there is one bug

indepedence doesn't work

I'm not sure what you mean by that. The program inputs an independence command into event files properly, and according to the Event Bible there are no mistakes in the output or anything.

If an event with independence just isn't working inside your game, that's a game bug and you need to post a message on the Bug Reports forum.

Re: Re: one bug

Originally posted by dannysmurf

I'm not sure what you mean by that. The program inputs an independence command into event files properly, and according to the Event Bible there are no mistakes in the output or anything.

If an event with independence just isn't working inside your game, that's a game bug and you need to post a message on the Bug Reports forum.

It might also be that the country cannot be granted independence (i.e. not defined in revolt.txt)

Originally posted by cato
When is next version coming in?

I can't really give any concrete time for that. Something came up shortly after I posted the last major upgrade, and I'm having to do an emergency update on another project I'm working on for a client. I haven't had any time to do any real work on the editor since then, and I probably won't at least for the next couple of weeks.

I'll fix any bugs that come up between now and then, but actual updates are on hold until I get the other project finished.

Re: Re: Special effect

Originally posted by dannysmurf

Indeed it might. And now it does. Build 129b is now up, and does just what you described in your post.

I actually had this done a couple of days ago, but I was STUPIDLY building the Debug version instead of Release, and couldn't figure out why it wasn't working... :rolleyes:

Anyway... the ONLY change in this build is the Strip All Commands thing, so anyone who already has Build 129, don't bother updating unless you want this feature.

Nope Danny, it does not work entierly yet... :p

Your program does something strange whwn striping command b & c.

I hope you can fix it in time for 1.05...