• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warspite

Admiral of the Kings Fleet
62 Badges
Jan 3, 2001
Visit site
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
EU AAR GENESIS
IN THE BEGINNING THERE WAS EU, AND EU CREATED THE AAR. NOW THE AAR WAS FORMLESS AND EMPTY, SO EU CREATED THE WRITER AND THE WRITER FILLED THE PAGES OF THE AAR AND THE AAR READER WAS BORN AND EU WAS PLEASED :D and so was everybody else who enjoyed writing or reading these after action reports that revolutionized gaming story telling.

THE PIONEERS, AARs/Writers before Nov2000

GREVEN Papal States Original
SAPURA Sapuras AARs
GRAHAM DODGE Scotland AAR
Some others that contributed to the first AARs was marcus, JP, jaminov, Sarges.....

THE SETTLERS, AARs/Writers between Nov2000-Mar2001

Oranje Dutch AAR
Kekkonan Ottoman AAR
Strategy screenshot AAR first
A couple "While we waited" AARs
Early Mamelukes
France in year 1206

THE BUILDERS AARs/Writers after Mar2001

Ariel Most praised storyline AAR/also an interactive AAR
The Boss 1st Multiplayer AAR
warspite 1st Interactive-RPG AAR (Italy AAR)
Adamxxx Sweden Screenshot AAR
Lord Durham The Papacy

**************COMPLETED AARs*****************
WarspiteEthiopia AAR
SapuraPapal States Original
Graham DodgeScotland AAR
OranjeDutch AAR
KekkonenOttoman AAR
Adamxxx Sweden Screenshot AAR
Croc French Screenshot AAR
Adamxxx Russian Screenshot AAR
Sean9898 English AAR Part I/Part II/Part III/Part IV/Part V
Olaf the Whites Vinland AAR
Hjargs Sicily AAR
Splangys Saxony AAR
Storeys Four in One
Lord Durhams
The Seven Years War 1756-63
Isaac Brock's
The Genoese Emperor

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OscAAR winners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FAVORITE INTERACTIVE AAR
1st-Warspite, Italy AAR (13)
1st-Ariel, An English AAR (13)
3rd-Lord Durham, The Papacy AAR (9)
4th-Maur, Commonwealth AAR (6)
4th-Rex Francorum, Prussia AAR (6)

MOST ACTIVE LONG TERM AAR (sep2001)
1st-Warspite, Italy AAR (28post/day)
2nd-Ariel, An English AAR (12post/day)

MOST VIEWED AAR (sep2001)
1st-Ariel, An English AAR (54,000+)
2nd-Warspite, Italy AAR (39,000+)
3rd-Lord Durham, The Papacy AAR (14,000+)

LARGEST AARs (sep2001)
Oranje, Dutch AAR (so big has its own web page)
Warspite, Italy AAR (3600+ posts/screenshots)
Ariel, An English AAR (1600+posts/54,000+views)
Lord Durham, The Papacy AAR (1000+posts)
Kekkonen, Ottoman AAR (several parts)

Last edited:
I hope that you plan on eventually making this a thread that only mods can post on, to keep spam and stuff out.

In the mean time, my suggestions for categories are:

*Best aar (could be difficult...)
*Best interactive aar
*Best non-interactive aar (again, could be difficult)
*Best written aar (in terms of explaining the gameplay)
*Best written aar (in terms of a story)
*Most successful aar (in terms of gameplay)
*Least successful aar (in terms of gameplay)
*Most successful aar (in terms of popularity)
*Best strategy in an aar
*Worst/most suicidal strategy in an aar
*Most humorous aar
*Most humorous character in an interactive aar
*Most humorous character in a non-interactive aar
*Best writing by a non-author in an interactive aar
*Best writing by a non-author in a non-interactive aar

That's all I can think of for now.

I dont want to close it, so that you guys can help me get this thing going. i dont have the most time to pick through all the old aars so if anyone can point me to completed AARs from the beginning to now, i would appreciate it....

hey sapura, when you guys first started the aar forum in early 2000 was it just the beta testers that could post there, or could other forum members also post?

Im going through the archives of this forum, looking for completed aars and also the pioneers of the forum and the more unique ideas and successes.

I also want to put it in chronological order, starting with Sapura and Grevens and others starting the AAR forum and then going to early 2001 with kekkonen, orenje and strategy and others and further down the AAR road to Ariel and Nalivayko, lord durham and myself... and just show the timeline of this forum with links to the honored authors works

any suggestions or help is appreciated, thanks:)

Nah everyone could post, though the membership of the forum (by nationality) was something like this:

Swedish Members : 12
Polish Members : 1

Total forum members = 13

:)

Actually the very first aar written was by Marcus, he did a Turkish AAr and I immediately fell in love with the game . . I also remember doing an AAR poll, about 6 months ago, there were a huge amount of replies and I remember the top three results had less than 3 points separating them from what I know. We could revive that thread and continue on voting :)

Sapura

War, rather than posting links I might as well give you this address,

http://polisharmies.ds4a.com/aarp/aarp.html

It has all my fave aar's posted up in html format, with pix, etc, unless you want actual links through to the aar forum?

A little snippet from the EU timeline aar, to wet your appetites too...from the ficticious battle at Perpignan in one of my games..

"French-Spanish war of 1588-1589. France is supported by Milan, Sicily and Persia. A combined army of 162,000 French/Milan soldiers cross the Spanish frontier in October of 1588 and captures Perpignan within hours of laying siege. The Spanish are completely outnumbered, and a decisive battle is fought below the walls of Perpignan on Nov. 15th, 1588. A desperate 34,000 man Spanish army is confronted by 164,000 French/Milani soldiers on the fields below the city. With the space of several hours, the Spanish are utterly, utterly annihilated. Close to 30,000 Spanish casulaties, most of them KIA. The rest apparently taken into captivity.

A Diary extract of a Spanish infantry soldier at the Battle near Perpignan.

"..Horrible was that day, horrible and unforgettable for the men who would survive it, and for sure most eventually would not. Our formations managed to establish ourselves on the hills below the crowded walls of the city throughout the night of the 14th of the month. Word had spread through our army of the ever closer arrival of the enemy contingent.

Nobody was sure about the size of the forces directed against us and our still glorious country, though we had heard of some worrying rumors. For days before the battle there was a massive influx of both nobility and peasants from the northern lands, their faces stone cold, their eyes glazed over with some unseen horror which they had recently witnessed.

"Run, save yourselves!", they screamed, "the horde is coming!", a deluge of frightened men, women and children in such numbers that it nearly caused a panic within our own regiments of troops. Deserters left the army on an unimaginable scale, many of them would later be caught and executed by the King's royal guard, for it was the highest crime, a crime of death, to desert your fellow soldiers on the eve of such an important battle. Every soul, every sword, every pair of hands counted in a time like this.

My heart sank as I saw these men shot down like dogs, though cowards they were and they had to pay for leaving us in this time, this time of great sorrow. For we knew in our hearts the enemy was no longer interested in bribes or the aquasition of border lands, but rather wanted to, with all its strength to wipe the memory of our glorious nation of the face of the earth for all time.

Despite my galloping thoughts and the almost non stop racket and noise of the men surrounding me I managed to fall into a deep sleep that last night before .. that day. A trumpet awoke me from a terrible nightmare, in which a blue eagle was gouging out my eyes, paralyzed with fear and pain I was unable to stop it from its horrid play. The French were upon us. Cleansing my still half closed eyes with what little water I could find, taking a small swig to wet my parched throat I turned towards the meadows to the south before our position. For a few seconds my brain puzzled over, for it was unable to grasp what my eyes were seeing. A sea of
men, stretching as far as the horizon could see, to the west and to the east, moving, almost as if in one demonic unison.. the air filled with their song, almost deafening in its intensity. Our men merely looked and stared, the only sound to hear was the snorting of our horses in all our regiments. Fear gripped me, like never before.

It was as if the devil himself had conjured up an almost unending army of his demonic underlings who would bathe in pools of our blood.

We hurriedly prepared ourselves for the uncoming assault, the enemies song now drowned out by a symphony of our cannon firing with non-stop vigour from the walls of city. Finally, the order was given for us to attack, in the name of the Lord, accompanied by the playing of military music, singing O Gloriosa Domina!, calling our Lord for assistance, with our hearts high and the benediction of the chaplain, we advanced into the mouth of the demon.

Men fell around me, dropping in unimaginable numbers, the screaming and squealing of men being butchered like pigs filled the air, accompanied by the sound of hoof beats, and the cannonade from the city, the clash of steel on steel. A charge of the enemy horse was directed towards our position, valiantly we defended for several minutes, many of their horsemen falling, struck dead by our well placed fire. Alas, it was not enough, for the horse kept coming and coming, outnumbering our regiment by more than three to one.. breaking through our first line of pikemen the horse continued to charge right towards my position, grabbing my sword in my left hand and a lone bloodied pike from the ground in my right I waited.

I opened my eyes, gargling a liquid out of my mouth, managing to barely lift myself up off the ground. Was this heaven or hell? Had I crossed over to the other side? The field around me was strewn with corpses of both men and horses. Not a living thing stirred around my vicinity. Somehow the Lord had seen to spare me from the ultimate sacrifice.. it seemed I was alive, but what of my countrymen..."

Sapura

Last edited:
Warspite has a bedroom??? Didn't know that!!! :p

You mean he is a person??? That's ridicolus!!!

Who are the new AAR'ers???? Surely Sir Vangeel, but who else, Estonianzulu???

Oh yeah, Tokarev with his, hum-hum "Bacterial" AAR

Status
Not open for further replies.