• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

GuileMike

Major
60 Badges
Sep 20, 2001
www.youtube.com
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Pride of Nations
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Sengoku
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • March of the Eagles
Hello everyone,

You must be thinking why is this here?

Well the forums over at Ageod are dead, even compared to this section. Been a bit since I wrote a long and legit AAR. Looking forward to this alternate view of the Great War.

So, short story why this is happening, Played Vicky 3 a ton this holiday season. I might do an AAR for it one day. Anyway, it got me back into WWI and I play Battlefield 1 on and off. I know this game pretty well. When I got my first MA, I worte a paper on my AAR for my WWI class. No joke. It went well as the Allies, here though, I suspect will be a grind for 107 turns to stay alive. So here we go in victory of defeat.

My first order of business is how will I fight this? Well considering these damn Serbs just offed our Archduke, we have a three front war to a degree. The Rhine, Serbia, and the giant Russian Front. My elction to take this on is to blitz Serbia and Russia. Therefore, I plan to take a massive deffensive posture in the Rhine corrridor. That is right, I plan on keeping it a funnel of death. From the start, Luxembourg and the Belgium will not be invaded or occupied. I might take Lux for fun later, but for now, mobilization and manning the front along the Rhine is priority. A-H will also mobilize and head east and north.

52630125569_d44b2227ab_z.jpg

These damn kids now adays with their antics. Are you trying to sound scary with your gang's name? The Black Hand, really?? Now we will just swamp your country and you will like it like the other slavs we control.

52630327453_0c0fc4fdf0_c.jpg

Lets hope this pays off. I thought about invading Swizterland to get Lenin and Trotsky out of that fine place of capitalism and back to their motherland to reek havoc with other Commies. Maybe later if we can't knock out the Russians.

52630283870_c19c53fc26_c.jpg

Conrad plan it is. If this fails, we don't deserve to be a united Austria-Hungary.

52630283850_572ea36960_c.jpg

Diplomatically, the Turks, Greeks, Dutch, Bulgarians, and Romania we are trying to woo to our side. Our Far East territories I consider them a loss and Africa we will play it by ear for how to proceed.

52629327307_349d963b7b_b.jpg

Happy hunting. I have no faith in my navy doing much in the Atlantic or beyond. Our A-H navy in the Adriatic though I think can hold their own.

52630094709_0f09089952_b.jpg

Ost(East) Purussia will be our spring board into Russia. We are mobilized and ready to spread out. We will strike the sleeping bear hard!

52630327353_f6c9f3be8e_c.jpg

Though it is tempting to pour into Serbia, mobilizing and flanking will be the smart way to knock them out. Coming from the north and then hitting them behind will be effective. When and if Romania and Bulgaria join, Serbia will be a distant memory in the war.

• 2Like
Reactions:
52632230085_3b2417d185_c.jpg

My "Rhine Line" is beefing up nicely. The real test is to see if this can hold up to just the French before the Brits arrive.

52632045779_521cb666bf_b.jpg

Our first blood, and it was a good showing. Lets hope A-H can keep up with this momentum when they meet Ivan.

For now with A-H, we are slowly infultrating Serbia witha northing flank invasion. And along the Russian front we are taking a cautious approach.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
52640937525_78f46b730a_c.jpg

52639988382_a0b743e158_b.jpg

Look, I know this stings a little right now, but the flood gates would be too much to handle if Italy joined against us. We need her with us or to be neutral. So far, we have wooed her to us and hope to keep her in our corner.

52640756934_a8304eb29e_c.jpg

We knew this was going to happen. Nobody is going to come and help the Japanese are enlarging their lands at our expense. We hope to hold Africa in Check.

52640500456_f362777d02.jpg

Now that the Turks are on our side, we can hit the Russians in the south and the British near us.

52639988497_41c9b6506a_h.jpg

Just to make my enemies on their toes, we landed on Cyprus and should take the island with ease. Also German Marines land in Estonia.

Last edited:
The UK is already challenging me in Cyprus. The Russians are too spread thin at the moment to mess the marines in Estonia.

So we get a bright idea to use the Mosel as an added obsticle if attacked. So we tried an attack and though the enemy lost many with this meat grinder operation, they counter attacked and we are back at a stalemate on the Rhine. Progress in Russia and Seribia is going nicely. We have a pincer attack in motion with many Russian units surrounded in Poland.

52642709359_72d9be200b_b.jpg

52642890735_3b90544e12_k.jpg

No more brave antics like this until we knock Russia out.

CaninePettyChicken-size_restricted.gif

This was my reaction with having my Ottoman Army ready and waiting for British to cross the Sinai. We beat them and they retreated back west. We pursued and them and then met heavy resistance.
Picture1.png

We got the jump on the Tommies, however we eventually had to withdraw eastward.

Picture2.png

Odesa will be ours soon with naval landings and we also secured a city near the Romanian border. The Black Sea is largely dominated by our Ottoman Navy. The gatewat out of the Black Sea is under Attack by French and British forces near the staits. We anticipate our forts will hold off for some time.

Picture3.png

Riga is ours! We hope to link up north to the Marines that landed earlier soon. Poland is still holding our with multiple Russian divisons surrounded.

Last edited:
Russia seems to be doing extremely bad, but how is the Galicia front doing?
Near the Romanian boarder we have a breach into Russian areas. The rest is a stalemate. As soon a Poland colapses we plan on flooding that front. I will post an update there soon.

Picture1.png

Starting with extreme caution, this Galatian front has been slow on purpose. A surprise happens which will be highlighted later in this post, but lest be honest, A-H is a pretender power. Therefore, a massive bulge from Prussia is needed to tame the Russian bear. Moscow will be renamed Proscow when we get there.

Picture2.png

My boy needs to do his deeds to these Russian royals and make their down fall happen fast. The faster I can focus on the west the better. By the way, what the hell were people thinking making an animated movie with him as the bad guy talking with bats??

Picture3.png

Well, this was a very pleasant surprise. Lets just hope they are dependable... Some Romanians will be sent to Russia, to help take Odesa, some to finish off Serbia, and some to stop the bleeding in the Western Front that will be highlighted soon.

I really feel like at this moment that France and Great Britian are Tim Robbins. No matter what I pull to try to plug the holes, it is just false hope to take them down in reality.

Picture4.png

This is finally a serious problem that we are facing somewhere in the world. If we don't find a solution for this, it will not be sustainable to handle. Especially if Italy which even with all our diplomatic wooing, is looking like they will join our enemies soon. We will continue with Berber and Boer uprising distractions but it will be a minor annoyance to them in the longrun.

Picture5.png

Yep, that is right, Minsk is next on our hit list and intelligence reports show it will fall fast. Russian morale is pitiful in their current state. With the mad monk and hopefully unleashing comrade Lenin into their AO, we can only hope Ivan falls fast.

Last edited:
Picture6.png

Since my days of playing Victoria 2 at launch, Kars was always a sore spot playing as the Ottomans. The Russians would always bully me as the Ottomans and take it. NOT IN THIS GAME THOUGH! Eat it Ivan. I am also making strides in Ukraine, Your time is almost here to pull out of this war. Losing to Japan a decade earlier shows you are human...

Picture7.png

A look at the current situation. Our morale is superior, but the realist in me can see it sliding fast with what is happening on the border of France.

Picture8.png

In a attempt to create some sort of chaos, We invaded near the French Swiss border and poked through their deffences. Now what will out enemy do from here? We will react to their moves and hope it slows the hole they have hit at Metz.

Last edited:
By the way, what the hell were people thinking making an animated movie with him as the bad guy talking with bats??
That was the best part of that movie though!

Also, Romania will probably be a very useful ally, Russia won't be able to defend such a frontline for long.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Also, Romania will probably be a very useful ally, Russia won't be able to defend such a frontline for long.

So far, they have been great helping secure Southern Ukraine. Sent some to guard Serbian towns and even the Western Front.

Closing into 1916, our national moral has increased to 109. Some big battle wins and territory takings have contributed to this succes. However, Italy is now in the mid 90s as far as favoring the enemy. Unless we knock Russia out soon, this will get ugly on troop deployment. Ireland is uprising, but just like other gnats around the empire, it does little to deter more enemy troops flooding the Western Front.

Picture2.png

The Western Front is indeed a stalemate. When the enemy pokes through, I stab back at a flank which causes them to fall back to cover their rear. Saarbruken is the rally point to mobilize troops and send them to plug holes in the horrors of this front.

Screenshot 2023-01-22 131620.png

This is a multinational effort. A-H troops fresh from the Serbian front have bailed us out in the Western Front. Serbia is mostly pacified, so we will send more troops westward by mid 1916.

Picture3.png

We now own both sides of the Sinai railline. We plan just to hopl the British and ANZAC off as a deffense measure from here. Took this port with a sea landing with the same army that took Cyprus.

Picture1.png

Turkish Cyprus is a real thing by late 1915. The rest of the front is still hodling strong against the Russian and helping invade the Ukraine via the Black Sea. The British and French are stopped up at the forts on our straits.

Last edited:
Into 1916 now and serious doubts personally that I can pull this off with a final victory. Italy has joined the War against us and has invaded A-H lands. With troops fresh off the Serbian front and other Germans from Prussia ready to fight, we not only stop them, but start to push into Italian lands. Our morale is extremley high. The Western Entente has a pulse and Russia's morale is down the tubes. You would think they would quit by now, but you know those royals have no inclination to stop rulling.

Picture1.png

In an effort to start more chaos in Italy, our Ottoman Navy drops off Romanians in Apulia to draw attention.

Picture2.png

Kuwait is ours and we intend to hold it with these big guns ready for any naval landing.

Picture3.png

Our first blood against Italy. It was not bad and future battles for the most part went our way giving them heavy casualties.

Picture4.png

Now we have the Czar in our sights. If we knock his personal army out, many that will be the last straw and the red wave can start.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I must admit, I did not expect the enemy to give up this soon. Summer 1916 with a new ally that had no war exhaustion and they still threw in the towel. The Russians were completley beaten down and we did not even get to a communist intervention. Not even the Czar's stunning leadership was going to save their sinking ship. The Western front was a complete gridlock and a meat grinder mostly for our enemy. They they made some leeway into the Alsance-Loranne area, I just simply flanked their busts into our lines to bog them down. Bolow are the final highlights. The only things not pictured are our taking in northern Italy, Apulia, and all of Serbia.

Picture1.png

If I had morale like the enemy, I might give up too. At times, I thought we were done for with the Western Front slowly colapsing.

Picture2.png

A look at what we took along the Turkish and Russian border and in Ukraine. Romania joining our side helpped us greatly.

Picture3.png

The Eastern Front and the gains we made. Going as far north as Estonia is what we got to St. Petersburg. The game plan to focus on Russia worked great. Once Serbia fell, it was just in time to send all those A-H troops over to Italy joining the war. It is ashame Italy did not come to our aid, they would have been great to hit France.

Picture4.jpg

We did it boys! Next time a bunch of teen gangsters decide to pop off at one of our royal family members, we will bring more justice with blood and iron!

• 1Like
Reactions:
I make it a point to check out this Pdox AGEOD forum every once in a while, because it has THE BEST AAR's ever written.

My nightmare is that Pdox shall one day take it down....

Thanks for posting this AAR, appreciated.