• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
*cough* Who said defeating Americans will be easy? :D This will get more interesting as the Americans reinforce the front.

At least the Soviets seem to have suffered a defeat. Why have you decided to invade Iran - to open another front against the Soviets, to seize the oil fields, or both?

*cough* Who said defeating Americans will be easy? :D This will get more interesting as the Americans reinforce the front.

At least the Soviets seem to have suffered a defeat. Why have you decided to invade Iran - to open another front against the Soviets, to seize the oil fields, or both?

Yeah, American AI suddenly decided to make me eat my hat :)

Iran is mainly tactical offensive. I don't have necessary forces there to capture Iran and Caucasus. I just want to keep pressure on the British.

PART LVIII: VICTORIES OF WEHRMACHT

K0A2N.jpg

German soldiers in Russia

July, 1943

Imperial Conference, Tokyo

PM Tojo : His Majesty and members of the cabinet, we gathered here to discuss recent developments in the war. I will explain overall situation briefly.

In American Front, the last month was really stressful for all of us. Continuous American counter-attacks almost made our front collapse. Fortunately, General Yamashita managed to stabilize the front along Fresno-Santa Bernandino-San Diego line. Our carefully initiated strategic withdrawals saved our entire Army. 2nd Motorized Corps has recently landed at Los Angeles. 1st Bomber Wing was also transferred from India to Los Angeles.Currently, General Yamashita is reorganizing his troops. Once this is complete, we will take the initiative again. We also lost 40 merchant ships near the coast of California in the last two weeks. Enemy submarines are quite active in the region.

cTYl6.jpg

PM Tojo : Our fight against Bolsheviks is going very well. We invaded Mongolia and encircled Soviet Far East Army. Our advance in this front may speed up.

ZE4lZ.jpg

PM Tojo : In the last month, Our German Allies managed to destroy Soviet Armies in Ukraine. Within few weeks, German panzers advanced hundreds of kilometres. This great victory will bring the end of Soviets soon.

18wdZ.jpg

PM Tojo : German Army recaptured most of Norway too. Americans probably sent most of their forces there to America

UM1f7.jpg

PM Tojo : In New Guinea, Australian Army recaptured most of the island. We don't have enough forces near New Guinea to begin new operation in the island. For now, we will hold few strategic points on the island. When we have more free troops, we will get Australians out of the island.

Eg3hl.jpg

PM Tojo : Our recent operations in United States costed us 2.000 tonnes of oil. Currently, we have 23.000 tonnes left. We should finish the war within 2 years to not suffer fuel shortages.

wFH9Y.jpg

PM Tojo : Since the beginning of war, we produced surplus of 200 merchant ships, however we couldn't meet the requirements of our massive empire. We prioritized military supply convoys and have no problems with supplying our forces but we lack sufficient resource convoys to home islands.

bY3Uj.jpg

Americans launched offensive to Fresno. We are sending 2nd Motorized Corps to reinforce Fresno.

jDoL5.jpg

Battle of Fresno

sbqqu.jpg

Wehrmacht is at the gates of Moscow.

WXgSu.jpg

August, 1943

Our fighters intercepted American bombers above Fresno.

X2mMy.jpg

American offensive to Fresno was stopped. We immediately launched offensive to San Francisco.

U3FU6.jpg

Americans launched offensive against San Bernandino.

Zfjyj.jpg

We evacuated San Bernandino and San Diego to reorganize in Los Angeles. San Francesco was captured again.

PSkEf.jpg

The Axis is going to ultimate victory with the advance of Wehrmacht into Russia.

jiLK5.jpg

Soviets launched offensive to Never.

O78YJ.jpg

Technological Researches

YtMCG.jpg

Latest Situation in America :

27uSB.jpg

Hope we'll see the Germans invading the US East Coast, once the Soviets are finished.
Wehrmacht and Imperial Japanese Army meeting up in the Mid-West and Siberia - would be awesome! :D

Yeah, German AI completely surprised me with its capabilities. Defeat of Soviets will seal the ultimate victory of the Axis. I hope to meet Germans in Iran. I desperately need to make trade with my European Allies.

After the Soviet collapse, the Germans will soon link up with you in Iran.
Stragetical problems of the Axis should be solved by then, too. Land connection established, lots of oil, no 2 front war anymore.
The Germans will easily take care of Africa and Britain afterwards. I think Japan should take that time to redeploy it's forces and prepare, because once the Germans finish Britain, it is time... for the grand axis invasion of America!

Good to see that are becoming overstretched. Japan should face GRAVE logistical problems by now. Also, it seems that the Americans are counter-attacking, so with their IC they should be able to put up a good fight.

I think that your main problem is the obsolete army. Just look at your upgrade requirements!

The Wermacht stepped it up, and Soviets will soon be no more. How to hold out in America, that is the question. It's not looking easy.

PART LIX: FALL OF MOSCOW

UFCa7.jpg

German artillery at the outskirts of Moscow

August, 1943

We launched new attack to recapture San Bernadino. 1st Bomber Wing is also supporting the offensive.

oDsas.jpg

Enemy division retreating from San Bernadino was annihilated under heavy bombardment.

PdN2e.jpg

Battle of Ulan-Ude :

gqzcc.jpg

Technological Researches

U518m.jpg

September, 1943

We captured San Bernadino. Americans launched immediate counter-offensive.

gw8Dy.jpg

Stalin and other Soviet leaders evacuated Moscow. End of Communism is nearing.

bvTbI.jpg

Technological Researches

fd4BB.jpg

San Bernadino was captured by Americans again. We launched counter-offensive.

McykL.jpg

An American Fleet intercepted 4th Submarine Hunter Fleet near Attu Island. We lost 1 destroyer.

D6CTS.jpg

1 motorized division was annihilated by our bombers in San Bernadino.

TrAUQ.jpg

Technological Researches

LLMfw.jpg

zWWQ2.jpg

Another battle of San Bernadino :

1pKJK.jpg

Ulan-Ude was captured. Battle of Kalakan has begun.

IfYM1.jpg

Gameroon was captured. Battle of Birjand has begun.

zO93A.jpg

General Yamashita launched offensive to Sacramento. This offensive will ease the burden on our forces in San Bernadino.

YsJCa.jpg

Moscow has fallen. Leningrad and Stalingrad were also captured during the last few weeks.

HU3BB.jpg

We captured Sacramento.

Lg2hG.jpg

Good to see that are becoming overstretched. Japan should face GRAVE logistical problems by now. Also, it seems that the Americans are counter-attacking, so with their IC they should be able to put up a good fight.

I think that your main problem is the obsolete army. Just look at your upgrade requirements!

I spared 14 IC to upgrades. To what level do you suggest to increase it ? For now, I am not even producing anything but convoys.

The Wermacht stepped it up, and Soviets will soon be no more. How to hold out in America, that is the question. It's not looking easy.

Yes, I have already based 18 transports at Los Angeles. If I feel that I can't hold out long, I will initate evacuation. But I still believe that I may hold them for a long time. After I take Panama, they will rush to the East Coast.

The US invasion is clearly suffering as a result of (perhaps too much) manpower being focused on the USSR. Make sure you get those troops in transports fast after bitter peace! Force the US to surrender!

Is there a scripted event that gives you soviet land when bitter peace triggers?

There is... but as the Soviet Union in DH (in comparison to the other HoI2 games) has few victory provinces east of Moscow, I suggest to deactivate the Bitter Peace events, claims the territory you want and let Germany annex the Soviet Union.

All this counterattacking is buying you time at least, until the Reds give up. Smart to have Transports at ready.

I spared 14 IC to upgrades. To what level do you suggest to increase it ? For now, I am not even producing anything but convoys.
Increase it two or three times at the expense of production and reinforcements, if necessary. Your equipment is simply obsolete. You need to catch up a bit. Also, you don't need to research the newest land techs if your units are trailing behind upgrade-wise, so focus on doctrines and industry techs.

PART LX: TREATY OF MOSCOW

89Ms0.jpg

Russian soldiers surrendering near Moscow

October, 1943

We defeated an enemy bomber wing above San Diego.

kkMSB.jpg

We finally managed to spot enemy submarine group near Attu Island. We lost a dozen of convoys near Attu in the past few weeks and couldn't locate any submarines since then. 2 enemy submarines were sunk by depth charges.

JQkgQ.jpg

Fall of the Soviets

Shocking news arrived to Tokyo early this morning. Stalin was arrested by a clique in Soviet Communist Party headed by Beria. Beria immediately requested armistice from Germany. German Fuhrer Adolf Hitler immediately informed Prime Minister Tojo about Soviet proposal. Prime Minister Tojo expressed Japanese willingness to end hostilities. Soviet delegation arrived to German-controlled Moscow immediately. Foreign Minister Matsuoka also flew to Moscow to participate the peace conference on the behalf of Empire of Japan.

TCD9k.jpg

Admiral Ozawa sank an Australian destroyer near Rabaul.

2GOwp.jpg

Technological Researches

6tfQ6.jpg

Soviet Foreign Minister Vshinsky, German Foreign Minister Ribbentrop and Japanese Foreign Minister Matsuoka conducted negotiations in Moscow. After two days of negotiations, peace agreement was signed in Kremlin.

Treaty of Moscow

1) Soviet Union will cede the territories to the west of A-A line ( Archangelsk-Astrakhan) to Germany.

2) Soviet Union will cede Northern Sakhalin, Far East Siberia and Kamchatka peninsula to Empire of Japan.

3) Former Mongolian territories will be incorporated into Mengijang.

4) Soviet Union will sign non-aggression pacts with German Reich and Empire of Japan.

IXcs1.jpg

39l9h.jpg

While peace talks continued in Moscow, pro-German Finnish leaders staged a coup and overthrew communist rule in Finland. Joint Japanese-German military parade was held in Red Square after the signing of peace treaty. According to a secret protocol added to peace treaty, Soviet government promised to judge Stalin with high treason and execute him within 2 weeks.

We launched offensive against Esfahan in Iran to link up with our German Allies.

IZal8.jpg

1st Transport Fleet spotted American Battleship Fleet near the coast of California. The Fleet managed to escape from battleships and informed Admiral Yamamoto about the location of American Fleet.

yM9oX.jpg

Admiral Yamamoto spotted American Battleship Fleet at 109 km. Minor damages were inflicted on few destroyers.

W70LR.jpg

1st Naval Bomber Wing attacked the port of Sacramento. Battleship USS Idaho was sunk by torpedoes.

piO3k.jpg

1st Bomber Wing also attackde the port of Sacramento. Battleship USS Maryland was heavily damaged.

jBlLo.jpg

Americans launched massive offensive against San Diego.

z87BY.jpg

Two battleships; USS Maryland and USS California were sunk in Sacramento.

ygc9N.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.