• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Will we be seeing British and American supported Japanese rebels?

Because that would be fun :D

A Great update on your strategy for the british. But is Fu really ready for war? As I have understood from the previous updates, Fu-s forces are somewhat bogged down in america and more resources are going that way. Is there any left to combat the british on land? British troops in India are usually small, how is it in this reality? :)

COMMENTS ANSWERED BY THEME;

THE FATE OF THE IMPERIAL FAMILY
GeneralHannibal said:
Hmm...

Might Yamamoto turn away from Fu once he learns that the Royal Family is alive?
That would depend on if he believes Fu Manchu to be responsible for the assassination attempt or not, and what the role of Emperor Hirohito is´.

TC Pilot said:
If the British are smart and lucky, they'll reveal the fate of the Imperial Family, Yamamoto and Japan will defect, and Fu will have to fall back to China. ...hopefully.
Yeah... only problem for the British was that they couldn't play the Empress card until they were better prepared for war, and they're having a hell of a time keeping her alive until then. Besides, just to make sure there is no interference from potential doves, Nayland Smith hasn't informed the Government yet about the presence of the Empress. Britain is preparing to go to war in support of America (after the anti-war influence of Churchill had been removed). The Empress is just a bonus to force Pan-Asia to declare war (it's not a popular war with the British left, because it's percieved as indirectly supporting Germany).

Dinglehoff said:
That would be the best way for things to turn out, but the Empress and her kids would need to make thier way back to Britain for her card to be played.
Not necessarily. They could well make their statement from, say, Dehli.

Simon_Jester said:
I find it almost impossible to imagine that he, and most of the Japanese military, would not do so.

Based on what I know of 1940-era Japan and on what Yogi has said in this AAR, it is very clear that the Japanese are not entirely comfortable in Pan-Asia. Remember, until about five years ago they were beating the Chinese like a drum at every opportunity, and even during the opening phases of the Sino-Japanese War of the late '30s they continued to do so. The average Japanese citizen is convinced that the Chinese are a backwards and inferior race.

And now they find themselves amalgamated with China, with a predominantly Chinese army and a sinister Chinese prime minister running the government. In their hearts, most Japanese are still loyal to their emperor. If they learn that Fu Manchu (and, by extension, the Chinese as a whole) have been engaged in foul treachery such as the assassination attempt against the Empress and the princes, it's going to make them very angry. As in "civil war" angry.
While I would have to agree the Japanese people would never stand idly by knowing their Emperor had been enslaved and his family almost murdered, the question remains whether they will BELIEVE what the Empress says. Hypnosis and stuff, it could easily be dismissed as British propaganda put in the Empress mouth. Many will believe it, but many may not.

Jape said:
Hmm, unless the Brits can reveal the Empress in time (which I doubt) it seems the Indian Empire will take a drumming, not to mention the RN.
They might well take a drumming regardless.

GeneralHannibal said:
Will we be seeing British and American supported Japanese rebels?

Because that would be fun
Indeed it would.

elbasto said:
and bloody
...but fun! :D

THE ANGLO-ASIAN WAR

Mettermrck said:
Loved the confrontation...Yamamoto has just enough deference and demeanor to avoid disaster with Fu, plus his skills are vitally needed. Still, a sound strategy. Even if the Brits send a big carrier force, I foresee a sound thumping. Lose Brittania, Brittania loses the waves...can't wait to what comes next.
If Yamamoto can pull this one off it could be spectacular, but if he doesn't, if Pan-Asia is destroyed as a naval power, then she'll be in trouble deep. Probably America would have to be evacuated, if that's even possible.

cthulhu said:
Albion will prevail!
At sea, at least, the odds do favour Perfidious Albion. On land, things are more glum...

LM+ said:
Last I heard, there was an actual HOI2 game going on behind the scenes. The only way that the Brits will not get whipped like little puppies is if Yogi reins his hordes in.

Wonderful storytelling as always, Yogi! I always read your latest update first.
That is very gratifying to hear, both your confidence in my ability and the fact that you read EOFM first! :D

Derek Pullem said:
But at some point Yogi will switch sides - we know this. We just don't know who will be on the side he switches to
This issue will remain clouded in mystery. I'm not planning to tell you even when I HAVE switched, methinks. Hopefully you will notice anyway.

Dead William said:
Dear me. Did Fu just flip? He must be severely annoyed to react in such a manner. Good old Yamamoto annoying the hell out of a man whom he does not respect greatly.

I feel there will be a number of new reefs in the Pacific pretty soon. But the Brits have recovered from worse.

DW
A cameo appearance to the first who can tell what it is exactly that makes Fu Manchu loose his temper. There is one specific issue behind each one of his outbursts of lost temper.

OTHER ISSUES
Darks63 said:
Will u be releasing this as a playable mod Yogi?
Not sure. I'm going to convert to DD ones EOFM is complete (probably by mid 1941) and that might be released as a playable mod with an EOMF (1939) scenario. The Twillight of Fu Manchu (1941) scenario will not be released since there would be spoiler events. Perhaps without events, we'll see.

dublish said:
Hehe. Point for Yamamoto. When are we going to finally get around to the collapse of Pan-Asia?
Keep reading... it might happen one day! Or not. ;)

Dinglehoff said:
Why would the creature return to tell Fu that the Empress and her boys were dead?
Who knows what constrictions Fu has placed on it when shielding it from the influence of the "wrong" stars?

elbasto said:
I believe we are underestimating the sword's part...
At least Fu Manchu clearly has...

Deus said:
A Great update on your strategy for the british. But is Fu really ready for war? As I have understood from the previous updates, Fu-s forces are somewhat bogged down in america and more resources are going that way. Is there any left to combat the british on land? British troops in India are usually small, how is it in this reality?
The UK has built up it's forces considerably since it decided to go to war. At present time, the balance of forces is as follows;

British Empire
HQ Army of India, Lord Gort & HQ Burma Command, Gen. Dill
- 16 Infantry Divisions (British)
- 4 Allied Infantry Divisions (2 Nepalese & 2 Bhutanese) holding own territory
Malaya Defence Force
-1 Garrisson Division

Pan-Asian Empire
HQ Army Group India, Field Marshall Prince Baji Rao III
-4 Field armies, 36 Divisions (27 infantry, 9 mountain)
HQ Army Group Burma, Field Marshall Feng
-3 Army Detachments, 15 Infantry Divisions
16. Field Army, Gen. Yamada
-5 Infantry Divisions along the Malaya border
Strategic Reserve, Generalissimo Chiang Kai-Shek
-32 Infantry Divisions in strategic reserve (facing Hong-Kong and in harbours like Pusan and Shanghai)

Air power is yet to be deployed.​

Last edited:
The YogiA cameo appearance to the first who can tell what it is exactly that makes Fu Manchu loose his temper. There is one specific issue behind each one of his outbursts of lost temper. [/QUOTE said:
Hmmm, I would say the causes are two fold: People doubting his abilities at a time when he has suffered a setback or people guessing even part of his plan when he thought it was impossible for them to do so.

But if I'm wrong no doubt Simon_Jester will have the answer

DW

Dead William said:
Hmmm, I would say the causes are two fold: People doubting his abilities at a time when he has suffered a setback or people guessing even part of his plan when he thought it was impossible for them to do so.

DW
I didn't read that part!

I say the sword as I already said.

Just curious, what is going in Mexico? I'm sure they aren't to happy about the Pan-Asian invasion. Is there any chance of Mexico joining Canada in their aid of the US?

It could certainly mess up the supply lines, and stall advance for a while. I imagine that it might put New Mexico and Arizona into serious danger for a while, which would halt the advance along the Mississippi...

Yogi I think that Fu loses his temper when incompetence an ineptidude are shown to him. He is basically an megalomaniac perfectionist, who sees that his plans are perfect and therefore people under him should stick to the plan.

And the other thing that irates him is not recoqnizing him as a superior. :)

Dead William said:

DW

elbasto said:
I didn't read that part!

I say the sword as I already said.

Deus said:
Yogi I think that Fu loses his temper when incompetence an ineptidude are shown to him. He is basically an megalomaniac perfectionist, who sees that his plans are perfect and therefore people under him should stick to the plan.

And the other thing that irates him is not recoqnizing him as a superior. :)

Good guesses all, but no cigar. Incompetence and ineptitude are certainly annoying to Fu Manchu, but he expects it and plans for it. He might sigh, and even kill an underling or two to set an example, but not loose his temper. And defiance is almost welcomed - that way he knows who his enemies are and can deal with them as needed. Note that at first, the Admiral's defiance amused him, although it later became the DIRECT cause of this outburst. But he was already annoyed and out of balance, and that is becasue of the same reason as when he last got really, really angry. And what was the reason then? Not the loss of the sword, which he regards mostly as a thing of sentimental value but instead... ???​

Last edited:
The Yogi said:
But he was already annoyed and out of balance, and that is becasue of the same reason as when he last got really, really angry. And what was the reason then? Not the loss of the sword, which he regards mostly as a thing of sentimental value but instead... ???​

..............because someone dared to suggest that Fu did not know everything?

It's not the loss of the sword or the loss of the Empress thats the problem. It's not knowing what will happen with the Empress, Black Naga, the sword, Skorzeny and Bond. Not being sure that he has everything under control

And even worse other people believing that he does not know or is in control.

Sigh... your failure at guessing is in fact MY failure as writer.

One last hint;

Last time he went screaming and promising death and torment to anyone happening to be close when he found out the Empress and the Princes were in fact not dead, but alive and probably in British hands, all because of...?

And this time, he was unbalanced because he nearly had been killed and his beloved sword robbed from him, and to boot it happened in the Stronghold he thought secret and secure, all of it because of...?

;)

The Yogi said:
Sigh... your failure at guessing is in fact MY failure as writer.

One last hint;

Last time he went screaming and promising death and torment to anyone happening to be close when he found out the Empress and the Princes were in fact not dead, but alive and probably in British hands, all because of...?

And this time, he was unbalanced because he nearly had been killed and his beloved sword robbed from him, and to boot it happened in the Stronghold he thought secret and secure, all of it because of...?

;)

hmmmm.....but Fu likes initiative. Even after Fah killed her (temporary) replacement in the Council of Seven he accepted her back.

There are several elements in common for all the occasions where he Fu loses his temper and hence it is not clear to evryone what the trigger is. Working through a process of deduction we can see that each occasion is related to being reminded of some element of his plans going wrong. On each occasion the failure has linked to some action of his daughter so I would surmise that his anger is linked to his betrayal by his daughter. This is quite plausible and rather more likely than a simple link with his plan failling. Clearly his anger is linked to more substantial failures but there are other examples of failure where we might expect him to become irritated if not irate and he shows no signs. The mere fact of this emotional reaction not being reported by the writer implies that the writer has some distinctive element in mind ... alright, I am going on too much.

Fu Manchu is more than a little peeved that his daughter, whom he thought of as his successor, has turned traitor and has different values to his own. And she is messing up some of his plans.

And he is afraid of her as the closest to an equal.

Derek Pullem said:
hmmmm.....but Fu likes initiative. Even after Fah killed her (temporary) replacement in the Council of Seven he accepted her back.
To be sure, but that initiative was for Fah's personal gain and not directed against Fu (except to the extent that his authority was challenged) or his plans. Her current betrayal is total and, as far as Fu can see, also totally irrational (after all, he wanted to make her Empress and mother of a world-ruling dynasty, what could possibly beat that?)​

Kanitatlan said:
Fu Manchu is more than a little peeved that his daughter, whom he thought of as his successor, has turned traitor and has different values to his own. And she is messing up some of his plans.

And he is afraid of her as the closest to an equal.
Give the man a cigar! You're absolutely correct, like any other father, NOTHING and NO-ONE can infuriate Fu Manchu like his defiant offspring, in this case his daughter.

All right, you can expect the appeareance of a Kanitatlan-character before long... not a major character, mind you. Thank the powers that your board-name is Asian-sounding, this should not be too hard. A Dead William or a Dinglehoff would not have been too hard either, but I shudder to think of the consequences had cthulhu won this contest! ;)

Last edited:
Unlike it seems most of the fans, I wouldn't want Fu to fall right now. And I wouldn't want for his downfall to be any connected with military failure. He's an evil mastermind. EM aren't stopped by normal armies, or looses. They MUST come *this* close to winning. And even then only way to stop him is to confront him in his stronghold, or by destroying his worldkilling device.

That being said, I wouldn't want to see Fu loosing battles UNTILL he gets REAL close to his goal of dominating Europe. He needs to control either USA or Europe, and bring the other one nearly on it's knees. THEN and only then can his fall begin.

That would be keeping in character with Fu's other aliases like Ghengis Khan, Attila and others.

And what that means is, turn the South China Sea RED from RN sailors BLOOD!

4th Dimension said:
Unlike it seems most of the fans, I wouldn't want Fu to fall right now. And I wouldn't want for his downfall to be any connected with military failure. He's an evil mastermind. EM aren't stopped by normal armies, or looses. They MUST come *this* close to winning. And even then only way to stop him is to confront him in his stronghold, or by destroying his worldkilling device.

That being said, I wouldn't want to see Fu loosing battles UNTILL he gets REAL close to his goal of dominating Europe. He needs to control either USA or Europe, and bring the other one nearly on it's knees. THEN and only then can his fall begin.

That would be keeping in character with Fu's other aliases like Ghengis Khan, Attila and others.

And what that means is, turn the South China Sea RED from RN sailors BLOOD!

Even if Fu controls half of Russia, India and half of the USA it's not enough for victory. Fu controls most of the unindustrialised world (with apologies to Japan, bits of China and whatever is left in the West Coast).

He will be facing Germany, UK, whats left of the USA and the rest of the axis minors together with the developed half of occupied Russia.

The only way he can win is to stop the rest of the world from redeploying quicker than his infantry hordes can march - which means Yamamoto MUST win or defeat is guaranteed. It's just like Pearl Harbour. Yamamoto can give him six months of victories but eventually he will fall.

Imagine the irony if Fah marries the crown prince and thus becomes empress... and thanks to the elixir, the most long lived royal figure of all times.

It wouldn't amaze me if certain daughter of the current British King drinks a little bit :D