• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

doktarr

Wet Blanket
16 Badges
Aug 3, 2003
Visit site
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
20181204214326_1.jpg

As you can see above, all the electors are not supporting my candidate of choice. In the case of the last elector this makes sense - their preferred candidate has a higher score (145-130). However, the other four electors are ignoring a candidate they clearly think is better for no discernable reason.

This is not a short-term thing - it's been like this for months, and I tried save/quit/restart in the hope that it would jump-start fresh picks, but no dice..

Can anyone explain this behavior to me?

My (educated) guesses:
Electors 1 and 4 got " asked" through a favour to vote for elector 3
Elector 3: voted for himself. This happens pretty often when electors don't like you (the ruler). What's his opinion of you?
Elector 2: Also voted for himself. Opinion of you?
Elector 5: Likes you and your heir, AND no-one has a favour hanging over him

My (educated) guesses:
Electors 1 and 4 got " asked" through a favour to vote for elector 3
Elector 3: voted for himself. This happens pretty often when electors don't like you (the ruler). What's his opinion of you?
Elector 2: Also voted for himself. Opinion of you?
Elector 5: Likes you and your heir, AND no-one has a favour hanging over him
I turned Conclave off for this game, so no favors involved.

Every elector has a positive opinion of me. Electors 2 and 3, who vote for themselves, give themselves a -25 score.

What's the point of having a candidate score if it's not actually used? Does it mean anything?

What does the tooltip say when you hover over the thumbs down?
The tooltip for the thumbs down just says the standard "Duke [name] is NOT supporting your candidate and is instead voting for Duke [name]." You can see the more relevant tooltip in the screenshot; i.e. the totalling of the candidate score, including the positive bonus for my relations with my ruler.

And could this be a bug connected to turning off conclave?
It's possible? Feudal elective was bugged (impossible to faction for) without conclave until the latest update.

FWIW I just updated to the latest patch and the issue persists.

Since it seems like nobody can offer an explanation, I'll report the bug. I waited about 6 months to start this play-through because faction for elective was bugged without conclave; looks like I'll probably be waiting a bit longer to continue it.

I had the same issue (Enclave enabled).
EDIT:
I restarted the game, right now it behaves like you would expect. Before there were some guys who voted for themselves with a score of -25 or so. Is this a bug or is it based on some character traits?

Last edited:
I had the same issue (Enclave enabled).
EDIT:
I restarted the game, right now it behaves like you would expect. Before there were some guys who voted for themselves with a score of -25 or so. Is this a bug or is it based on some character traits?
Interesting. How long has this feature (the elector votes window with the candidate scores) been implemented? The last time I played with elective was before Jade Dragon, and it wasn't implemented at that time. Has it ever worked as one would expect?

I've seen people voting for themselves regardless of suitability, which kind of makes sense (though would be more obvious if it was factored into the approval rating and the tooltip included a +200 "voting for himself" modifier or something). Electors 1 and 4 in the OP's screenshot make no sense to me at all.

I just read back through the dev diaries - looks like this is new to this patch, so this is definitely a new bug.

I've seen people voting for themselves regardless of suitability, which kind of makes sense (though would be more obvious if it was factored into the approval rating and the tooltip included a +200 "voting for himself" modifier or something).
The tooltip for the two voting for themselves at -25 literally have a "doesn't want power -25" malus.

This still persists and I gotta say it's kinda annoying. Any guesses so far? From what I can see it's been almost a half year since this appeared. I thought the elector scores take some time to update but nope.

2hmd1fn.jpg

C0nclave doesn't get rid of the bug.

I had the same problem. All DLC active. Quit/restart didn’t fix it. Occasionally the wayward elector would switch his vote this way and that for unknown reason (bug?). I worked around it by buying a favor to sway the weird elector. Irksome to have to use coin to workaround a bug (?) but at least it works.

Sorry for a necro but just ran into this myself but I don't think it's a bug (at least in my case). I noticed that there's a faction for the electee in question and two of my electors are part of that faction.

Mousing over the thumbs down doesn't offer any help, neither does looking at the scores--it wasn't until I happened to look at the Factions tab for something else that I figured this one out.