• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TMSaxon

Major
41 Badges
May 26, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Victoria 2
  • Prison Architect
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Ancient Space
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • Impire
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Sword of the Stars
Hello all.
I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature I'm unaware of, but for some reason I am currently unable to nominate my character's eldest son (or any of them) to my character's primary title. But I can nominate my nephew.
My character currently holds England and Wales, both set to elective succession. I have no mods active, and I'm currently on the latest update.
Anyone know how to help please?

Are the sons are legitimate?

If your wife is landed then there is a glitch where you can't elect the child of a possible candidate. If your wife dies than you should be able to elect your kid.

If your wife is landed then there is a glitch where you can't elect the child of a possible candidate. If your wife dies than you should be able to elect your kid.

My wife isn't landed at the moment. Neither are my sons.
What I've now noticed is that it'll allow me to select my son for Wales, but not England...I'm very confused.

Another question about elective monarchy. I've started a shattered game, and has now established the elective Empire of Egypt with miaphysite faith (if that matters). Twice the same thing has happened: Died too early and lost the election, keep on playing as King of Egypt (primogeniture). This is OK, but here's the strange thing: When I then (of course) nominate myself for the new Emperor, the only electors is me and the Emperor. Thus I'm forced to loose. (When I am Emperor I have at least 6 electors beside myself.) Is this a bug, or is it something in the updates I've not caught up with?

Another question about elective monarchy. I've started a shattered game, and has now established the elective Empire of Egypt with miaphysite faith (if that matters). Twice the same thing has happened: Died too early and lost the election, keep on playing as King of Egypt (primogeniture). This is OK, but here's the strange thing: When I then (of course) nominate myself for the new Emperor, the only electors is me and the Emperor. Thus I'm forced to loose. (When I am Emperor I have at least 6 electors beside myself.) Is this a bug, or is it something in the updates I've not caught up with?

Does the emperor have any other vassals besides you?