• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(275626)

Recruit
2 Badges
Feb 27, 2011
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Magicka
Hello , I made 3 of my friends to buy the game and when we try to host/play together it says Connection to server Failed each time and all of us tried hosting it and we portforward it AND used DMZ and still nothing and disabled firewall on both the PC and Router. This is game must be fixed in beta before you release a broken game. Thanks.

Last edited:
Hello Silver Bullet,

Thank you for buying our game and supporting us.

We need to understand your issue better before we can help you. Have you or your friends played any games recently where you have to host your own games instead of relying on dedicated servers? Were you able to play these games normally?

Could you please specify if any or all of you are behind routers, and of what type?

Have you contacted your ISP?

Finally, the only known issue we could think of right now that could affect your experience in such a manner is the steam "Invite" sometimes not working for some people. Can you confirm that all of you are unable to Host a match even if you try to join directly through the Server Browser?

Hey Silver Bullet
Just saying sorry for the bad experience and that there are a few problems. Connection wise, devastatingly so. Sadly some errors are unforeseen and releases are not as smooth, especially by smaller developers. I can assure you though, stick with it. The game is great and it is still being worked on after release so all is not lost. I can understand your frustration but you and your friends will like the game soon and the idea of it is worth a bit of time. The above post proves that the developers have an open ear so try to keep calm, try not to swear please and see if it can be sorted. :)

Sorry for swearing but we have tried since launch to play and with no luck its really frustrating as for the questions :
Yes we can play normally on Magicka and borderlands and a lot of other games with no problems ,
2 behind routers and 2 without , we tried to use DMZ on the router and port forwarding it within the router AND the computer firewall with no luck .
We have 2 ISP 2 on each and both of them are fine , we tried to join from server browser and steam invite and it didn't work , however some of the other games on the browser we could play on it but not all of us together..
Again sorry about what I said above but we are trying to play it so hard and we were excited from the YouTube videos, thank you for your response.

We are at a loss of how to help you. You don't seem to fit into any of the known issues.

Next time you and your friends try to play, if the "Can't Connect" still persists, please do the following:

1. Quit the game after the failure to connect shows up;
2. Go to the folder "Steam\steamapps\common\Dungeonland\dungeonland_Data" and get the file "output_log.txt";
3. Go to the Start Menu, type "DxDiag" in the search bar and run the "DxDiag.exe" program;
4. Save the dxdiag diagnostic to a folder of your convenience;
4. Attach both the Output Log and DxDiag files of all people who cannot Host games to this post;

Sorry for asking you to do all this busywork just to be able to play the game you paid for, but without this information we do not know how to assist.