• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Susana

COO Paradox Interactive
43 Badges
Aug 18, 2004
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Hearts of Iron: The Card Game
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Paradox Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Achtung Panzer
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Deus Vult
  • Diplomacy
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Galactic Assault
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Rome Gold
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
What is Dungeonland?
Dungeonland is a dungeon -crawling hack-and-slash game featuring co-op and asymmetric versus gameplay. The game is set in a theme park created for adventures by the evil Dungeon Maestro.

Who is making Dungeonland?
The game is published by Paradox Interactive and developed by Critical Studios hailing from Rio De Janeiro, Brazil.

On what platforms will Dungeonland be available?
Dungeonland is released for the PC and will soon have a working Mac version as well.

When was the game be released?
The game was released on January 29th 2013

Where can I buy the game?
The game is available via all major digital download portals and will require Steam to install.
You can also look here: http://www.paradoxplaza.com/games/dungeonland#buy_game-tab

How do I stay up-to-date to Dungeonland news?

You will be able to follow Dungeonland news and development through the Paradox Forums, Twitter, Facebook and Youtube.
www.dungeonlandgame.com
www.twitter.com/Dungeonland
www.facebook.com/Dungeonland

Game modes

Will Dungeonland feature online multiplayer?
Yes, the game will feature online multiplayer battles with up to 3 players in cooperative mode and 4 players in competitive mode. You can mix local and online players as you wish – and there is no need for split-screen! Full drop-in and drop-out functionality means less waiting around for games to start and more monster killing fun!

Will I be able to play a match against my friends?
Absolutely! Dungeonland features a innovative game mode called “Be The Dungeon Maestro”. You can play as the evil lord himself as you lay traps, summon monsters, cast spells and play as any monster or Boss you want to try and slaughter up to 3 “friends”.

Will the game feature a story-based campaign?
Dungeonland is not a linear story-based game - much like a real theme park, you can visit all the areas in any order you want, as many times you want. New enemies and threats are randomized every time for a different experience!

Will you be able to play single player?

Yes. The game is primarily designed as a co-op experience, but AI players will fill up for absent friends. At any time, your friends can drop right into your game both locally and online. Remember Dungeonland is a place to visit with friends, so the AI players are there mostly to teach you the basics.

How many different environments are there in the game?

There will be three big Dungeons available at release, each with their own unique monsters, environment hazards and a big Boss Fight at the end: Arcane Kingdom, Cannibal Kingdom and Dungeon Master Tower. The park opening is only the beginning, so look forward to several new Dungeons to explore after release!

Gameplay

How many playable characters will there be in Dungeonland?
There will be a total of three different playable heroes at release: Rogue, Warrior and Mage.

Can these characters be customized?
Yes, during games you will receive gold based on your performance which can be used to purchase different items, armor, perks, skills and of course hats!
This deep customization is also available to the Dungeon Master, who can buy new spells, monsters, abilities and traits.

How hard is the game, really?
Hard enough to make you cry. But it’s fair, though. You will see that with good teamwork and communication the game is really not that hard at all!

Are there any skill trees or anything like that?

Not really. Dungeonland customization is lean and mean: you can choose a Hero, a Class, a Potion Skill and two Perks – aside from cosmetic options like hats and armor.
Each option will completely change your gameplay, though. You are not only getting silly stuff like “+0.5% damage” or anything like that. Character customization support the 3 main pillars of Dungeonland: Cooperation, Replayability and Variety.

Will I be able to level up my characters?
Nope! All your progression is measured in Gold and in being able to complete the game’s challenges. This is a game that is built from the ground up to be the optimal co-op experience, so you can absolutely play with friends that haven’t unlock anything even though you have a completely bad-ass pimped-out character – Dungeonland is fundamentally a skill-based game.

How do I redeem the hat I received for participating in the beta?
You should have a steam code for the hat in an email. This code you activate as any product on steam.

Last edited by a moderator: