• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

slugo

Colonel
35 Badges
Aug 29, 2001
Visit site
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Diplomacy
  • East India Company
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
hi anyone,
so i thouht with the extra time i have on hand, i'd dig up eu2, and give it a spin. and thanks to mcartygeaoff, i have the latest 1.09 patch.
so onto my problem. my laptop has a cd drive, but my desktop does not. i figured i could install eu2 on my laptop and copy the entire folder over to my desktop. it worked for vicky:revs.
but it didn't work for eu2. the game works on my laptop, but when i copied it over, it crashes on startup. beofre i even get the loading screen.
i'm assuming there are some files on my laptop, that aren't in the eu2 folder that i need to find and copy over.
any ideas?
thanks

There likely are some entries in the registry that you did not copy over if no other differences exist between your laptop and desktop.
Or are there diffrences, like different operating system?

Have you already read the FAQ in the Tech Support subforum?

Last edited:
hi anyone,
so i thouht with the extra time i have on hand, i'd dig up eu2, and give it a spin. and thanks to mcartygeaoff, i have the latest 1.09 patch.
so onto my problem. my laptop has a cd drive, but my desktop does not. i figured i could install eu2 on my laptop and copy the entire folder over to my desktop. it worked for vicky:revs.
but it didn't work for eu2. the game works on my laptop, but when i copied it over, it crashes on startup. beofre i even get the loading screen.
i'm assuming there are some files on my laptop, that aren't in the eu2 folder that i need to find and copy over.
any ideas?
thanks
Did you succeed.

no, couldn't figure it out.