• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm sure he's fine. I just wanted to see your responce, that's all. :D

And my new conversion of the TWEP mod to Victoria:Revolutions is almost done, keeping all of the original data. I'm sure it will be great. Do you own Vicky Revs?

TWEP :confused::confused: - what's this?

Yeah, I'v got my copy Victoria:Revs, but I don't like WWI as in game

I'm sure he's fine. I just wanted to see your responce, that's all. :D

And my new conversion of the TWEP mod to Victoria:Revolutions is almost done, keeping all of the original data. I'm sure it will be great. Do you own Vicky Revs?

Why you don't contribute to this mod. The HoI2 engine is much better

Wenceslaus II was/is one of the most active contributor in 1914 team;). F.e. scenarios 1904&1911 were made by him.

So if he is available to come back it would be really great!

Sure, fully agree with you. But also he will be useful in current HOI3 development.

Yes but the issue there is that the game is not yet polished and I guess that at least one/two years will be required in order to get a playable version.

Last edited:
This is a really good mod. I was very impressed by how deeply it was all modded, i'd call this a full mod, not just some half-a**ed add-on to the game. I had alot of fun as Germany and then Austria....

However, I encountered alot of frustration in this mod as well. It's rather odd that the creators go through all this effort to revamp the game in this epic and impressive mod and yet I've found the mod itself to be unplayable in several areas, due to the fact that there are a few historical events that are extremely fundamental and critical to the mod but weren't implemented.That might sound close minded but the experience was really ruined for me on a number of occasions because of the lack of early war events (if you can even get to the war, it isn't possible as some nations). This mod is only good if you wanna play as one of the central powers, you can't play as any of the other major powers besides Russia without encountering some kind of frustration that is caused due to several fundamental things lacking in the mod, it's just a few simple things too, really, but the biggest thing of course is the lack of early war event triggers, and infact it seems apparent that there are no events to trigger the war period. Just try playing as the U.S....it's fun if you like to sit there and build until the game ends, because you probably won't be able to do anything else.

There has to be triggers for Austria to attack Serbia and Russia and Germany to attack Belgium, France and Russia. To important to be left for a later version.

question
after war in 1918 Austro-Hungary fallen and new countries were created: Austria, Hungary, Chezhoslovakia and state SHS( država Slovenaca Hrvata i Srba/ state of Slovenians Croats and Serbs) that was in land of Slovenia, Croatia and Bosnia.
But becouse of secret agreement with allies and Italy to attack Austro-Hungary it would take whole Dalmatia.
So state SHS had no choice but to get anex by Kingdom of Serbia 2 months after becouse Serbia was in allies.
So it was called kingdom of SHS( kraljevina Srba Hrvata i Slovenaca/ kingdom of Serbs Croats and Slovenians) but then later renamed in Kingdom of Yugoslavia until 1941 when was counwerd by Nazi Germany.
So I wonder did you put state SHS and make choice to get anex with Serbia or posible war with Italy.
I know is pointles since probably most people would'nt play state SHS, but I was just wondering.

This is a really good mod. I was very impressed by how deeply it was all modded, i'd call this a full mod, not just some half-a**ed add-on to the game. I had alot of fun as Germany and then Austria....

However, I encountered alot of frustration in this mod as well. It's rather odd that the creators go through all this effort to revamp the game in this epic and impressive mod and yet I've found the mod itself to be unplayable in several areas, due to the fact that there are a few historical events that are extremely fundamental and critical to the mod but weren't implemented.That might sound close minded but the experience was really ruined for me on a number of occasions because of the lack of early war events (if you can even get to the war, it isn't possible as some nations). This mod is only good if you wanna play as one of the central powers, you can't play as any of the other major powers besides Russia without encountering some kind of frustration that is caused due to several fundamental things lacking in the mod, it's just a few simple things too, really, but the biggest thing of course is the lack of early war event triggers, and infact it seems apparent that there are no events to trigger the war period. Just try playing as the U.S....it's fun if you like to sit there and build until the game ends, because you probably won't be able to do anything else.

There has to be triggers for Austria to attack Serbia and Russia and Germany to attack Belgium, France and Russia. To important to be left for a later version.

I'm going to fix it. Could you please be more specific?

Is version 0.44 expected in the near future?

We are working on that. schmoemi on the graphic and I on the events and AI. igro_bel did a very good work on the icons and he helped schmoemi a bit. Please feel free to make your proposals or to let us know whether you want to contribute to the project.

well I wouldn't know the first thing about modding, but if there's information I could gather for you or events you need ideas for, i'd be happy to give whatever support i can.

well I wouldn't know the first thing about modding, but if there's information I could gather for you or events you need ideas for, i'd be happy to give whatever support i can.

Have you tried this mod? If yes please make a couple of suggestions for a reasonable improvement.

I'm going to fix it. Could you please be more specific?

I think what riley555 was pointing out was that common sense things such as Germany attacking through Belgium, Austria-Hungary consistently attacking Serbia/Montenegro, and fail-safe war triggers if you start in 1897 seem to be lacking in this mod (or at least they were in the games i've played as the Entente). Also, I don't know if it was made this way on purpose, but playing as the Ottomans i've taken large tracts of land from the British, as far as the Libyan border and the southern Sudan, and there was nothing triggering any kind of surrender. In my mind, there should at the very least be some kind of event signaling a british defeat in egypt, something to add a little more flavor to any kind of African campaign.

I think what riley555 was pointing out was that common sense things such as Germany attacking through Belgium, Austria-Hungary consistently attacking Serbia/Montenegro, and fail-safe war triggers if you start in 1897 seem to be lacking in this mod (or at least they were in the games i've played as the Entente). Also, I don't know if it was made this way on purpose, but playing as the Ottomans i've taken large tracts of land from the British, as far as the Libyan border and the southern Sudan, and there was nothing triggering any kind of surrender. In my mind, there should at the very least be some kind of event signaling a british defeat in egypt, something to add a little more flavor to any kind of African campaign.

I'm going to fix it but please I need some help from your side. Could you please describe for instance what do you expect (in terms of events/AI behaviour) if you start in 1897 playing as Germany?

Last edited:
I just started a game in 1897 as Germany, and i'll keep you posted as to what may be fundamental problems, if you'd like. One thing i did notice, after i formed the continental league with russia and france, austria-hungary left the alliance for no reason, then asked me to let them back in, afterwhich France left it with no warning.

I followed the guide for downloading 1914 0.43 but when I tried to start it I got a critical failure about not being able to open certain unit files. I'm running in Administrative mode on Windows Vista. HOI 2 DD 1.3A runs fine on same system BTW.