• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
As Yogi has the game and is aware of this experience bug (my Amazon copy will arrive somday), we're going to hold off until the major kinks are worked out of the game. As soon as the patches roll in, we'll start off. Sorry for doing this early and getting everyone excited. The game will happen! :) I only ask for patience hehe.

Mettermrck said:
...The game will happen! :) I only ask for patience hehe.

It's ok...IF you update Eagles and Yog updates Empire of Fu Manchu... :D

cthulhu said:
It's ok...IF you update Eagles and Yog updates Empire of Fu Manchu... :D

I concur (though admittedly I have yet to work my way through Fu Manchu - on my 'to do' list!)

The interest is killing me! ;)

Why don't you post your for us who are trying to change the experience back to the old way. The link is in my sig.

Yoy21 said:
OT- how do you change the little text under your name?

Edit Profile tag from the User Control Panel, but you either have to have been a member for 2 1/2 years or have a certain number of posts to do so. Unless that has changed since. Should be in the FAQ somewhere.

All sounds quite cool (apart from the waiting for lent to finish) but how are you going to play and write an AAR keep the fans interested without giving classified info to your oponent?

I'm also wondering how dirty you guys are going to be playing... will you be restricting yourselves in terms of MCing allies and counterhistorical moves or is it going to be a no holds barred clash of the titans?

P.S.
Having no multiplayer experience who usually wins in a US vs Germany match?

J

We'll agree to a set of house rules, both regarding what we write and how we play. I'ts true that the AAR cannot be as informative as would usually be the case regarding future plans, but we can still comment on what has happened.

BTW, this will be the first MP game ever for me, so you might want to take that into account before placing your bets... :) Therefore, I haven't the foggiest who usually wins, but to judge from the comments I'm in for a rough ride... :eek:

EDIT: The experience bug has now been declared WAD, so we'll try to mod a workaround to be able to get going.

Last edited:
The Yogi said:
BTW, the experience bug has now been declared WAD, so we'll try to mod a workaround to be able to get going.

Feel free to share the workaround with the rest of us once it's finished. :)

The Yogi said:
BTW, this will be the first MP game ever for me, so you might want to take that into account before placing your bets... :) Therefore, I haven't the foggiest who usually wins, but to judge from the comments I'm in for a rough ride... :eek:

Same here, though I've attempted MP in other games. Keep in mind that writing ability does not necessarily translate into playing ability. At least I hope you guys do. :cool:

I wait with baited breath!

Seriously, I just found out about this and it made my day. :D

cthulhu said:
Feel free to share the workaround with the rest of us once it's finished. :)

I can share it right now:

Mj Generals are eliminated, with the exception of Commando leaders.

Their start date is pushed forward to when they were historically promoted to Lt Generals and then they appear with that rank.

In this way, they can have a chance at gaining experience as corps commanders (which can quite often lead battles) and eventually earn a promotion to Generals.

This is not a perfect workaround, but at least it will avoid Patton and Rommel staying MjGen for the duration of the game/alt. ending up as mediocres.

I think this 'lent' business is disgraceful, scandalous. It is written: 'Thou shalt have no other god but thy AAR'

Repent!

The Yogi said:
I can share it right now:

Mj Generals are eliminated, with the exception of Commando leaders.

Their start date is pushed forward to when they were historically promoted to Lt Generals and then they appear with that rank.

In this way, they can have a chance at gaining experience as corps commanders (which can quite often lead battles) and eventually earn a promotion to Generals.

This is not a perfect workaround, but at least it will avoid Patton and Rommel staying MjGen for the duration of the game/alt. ending up as mediocres.

are you going to "sleep" the german old guard leaders?

Sounds like you've got a plan.

GL with your first MP experience, Yogi. The one thing I can't emphasize enough is restraint in letting belligerance rise. In too many games I've played, an Axis player, usually either/both of being new to MP or playing Japan, lets his belligerance rise too quickly and the USA DoWs by spring 1940. Germany allying with Japan, then making a number of DoWs will do that (everybody in the alliance gains belligerance when one member DoWs).

I'm not trying to push either of you into any particular strategy, but I really don't want this turn into "...and then the USA conquered the world in 1940. The End."

If you find this game interests you, consider coming out to the Players' Assocation (or whatever its official title is these days) and joining one of the regular games. I'll be rejoining regular MP gaming starting next month, and we could use some more sociable, hardcore gamers. Its the funner way to play!