• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Zoltrak

Private
39 Badges
May 2, 2017
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Prison Architect
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Semper Fi
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • For the Motherland
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
For example if I am France and I have some North German units, would that affect the probability of them becoming North German rebels? Or does that just not matter?

For example if I am France and I have some North German units, would that affect the probability of them becoming North German rebels? Or does that just not matter?

Each brigade is based on a soldier POP from a particular province (or farmer, laborer, and craftsmen POPs if you've mobilized conscripts). If that POP joins a rebel group, including nationalist rebel groups. you will see a little icon next to them in the army window that represents the rebel group they are a part of. If that rebel group revolts those units will defect and immediately enter combat with any of your units in the same province.

So yes! The status of your soldier POPs absolutely has an impact.

Reactions:
Each brigade is based on a soldier POP from a particular province (or farmer, laborer, and craftsmen POPs if you've mobilized conscripts). If that POP joins a rebel group, including nationalist rebel groups. you will see a little icon next to them in the army window that represents the rebel group they are a part of. If that rebel group revolts those units will defect and immediately enter combat with any of your units in the same province.

So yes! The status of your soldier POPs absolutely has an impact.
Should I avoid having units of a different ethnicity?

I don't see any reason to avoid it. The benefit of having more soldiers always outweighs the potential risk. Depending on your citizenship policy and what country you're playing other rebel groups are far more likely to be a threat anyways. Reactionary and liberal revolts tend to be way huger and more likely to flip a lot of your soldiers, including primary and accepted culture ones.

Plus, you always have information on how large rebel movements are and how likely they are to revolt. So if a liberal, reactionary, nationalist, or any kind of rebellion seems imminent, you can always comb through your armies and disband or separate the brigades that are members of rebel groups so that your armies aren't trapped and stack-wiped in the event of a rebellion.

If you want to avoid any risk as much as possible, try to get a party in power with the Full Citizenship policy or at least Limited Citizenship, and keep your military spending high so that your soldier POPs have their needs met. Keeping militancy and conscioussness down in general will prevent rebel movements from growing in the first place.

Last edited:
Reactions:
I know I'm a bit late to the party, but unless you're either LARPing or have a large enough military, absolutely not. You can always just build irregulars and cavalry and have them do sieges.