• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Mindel

General
2 Badges
Jan 23, 2018
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
AI factions seem to gauge their success change from what percentage of troops they have compared to you. If I replace a retinue of 7k light skirmishers with a retinue of 2k heavy cavalry, will all of my factions immediately assume that I'm a much easier target now just because I have fewer troops?

Yes.

Check the forums, there are numerous threads on the "best" retinues. The consensus is that hordes of LI and Archer retinues make good policemen to keep faction revolts at bay but once you are secure in your realm quality trumps quantity.

Makes perfect sense to me !

Factions aren't usually a threat anyway, not worth taking those terrible retinues just for them imo. I prefer a decent with the supply/quality ratio. Send the retinues to siege those low supply lands without worries

Factions aren't usually a threat anyway, not worth taking those terrible retinues just for them imo. I prefer a decent with the supply/quality ratio. Send the retinues to siege those low supply lands without worries

That's no way to use retinues ! The only way is a mass of Heavy Knights jam packed in the centre of the line aimed right at the heart of the enemy Peasant Revolt LI - what a mess that makes !