• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Will that building display be there the whole time or just when you click on a button? Takes up quite a large part of the screen

As for the needing more magistrates, I can't say I like that decision, since it now means that I need to magistrates as well as money to develop a nation :/

And Royal Palace is only allowed in your capital.

What I also like is now you'll need to sit back and think, "Ok is defense more important? Or should I just try and maximize the profits my territories can crank out?"

Some players might favor having a large standing army and focusing on one or two key locations/choke points for high level forts instead of simply building level 5+ forts everywhere.

Hmm interesting. I like the building view. :)

Amazing. Hope that "Natives" would be balanced too, so no 0,0001 magistrates per year for tribals.
And when you are in those changes, you can change principes of research, that certain research need certain resources (mid army research need iron, so Amerindians could be banished till europeans come and they could trade in europe, but they could research Goverment or Trade etc.)

saw Aachen in the new screenshot and was so happy. I was trying to locate it on google maps so i could change the name of a ingame province into Aachen in one of my hre games as to make it my capital :p.

Anyway love that you are limiting large empires with the magistrate thingy. No more early behemoths!

Great job paradox!

From the second screen it looks like the different colours below the building icons shows the following:
Green: Already built
Red: Not built yet
Grey: Not available at this time
Black - with a hammer depiction on the icon: Building in progress.

May I suggest to alter the latter so that it has a yellow colour and gradually moves from left to right as the building is getting built? That way you can see at a glance the progress of the construction :)

At last a DD that interests me.

To build a new Nation
The time had come for some consolidation...
Great thinking. Does that mean no more "provincial" decision ? Or do you just drop the "click ASAP" decisions like Road Network / Post Office ?
1.Regular buildings: These are buildings that you might want to build in just about every province. These are divided into categories for the 6 different technologies plus one category for forts. Each building in a category is a prerequisite for the next one, so you cant build a Shipyard if you don't have a dry dock for example. This 'leveling' system now reduces 42 different things to choose from, when you come into the province screen, down to choosing between 7 at a time. It also give a specialization feel to the system where some provinces become administrative centers and other become army building provinces. To reinforce this we made the last two levels extra juicy but also made them exclusive. Do you want to build a Conscription Center for extra manpower or do you want to build a Customs House to give your merchants 1% extra compete chance?
This comes straight from the Magna Mundi mod (except the exclusive thingie), and this is great. What you should do is make sure we have not a chance to "max" every province due to prohibitive prices for higher level buildings.

2.'One Per Country'. These are extra powerful buildings with both local and nationwide effects. The drawback is that you can just have one of each in your country at any given time. Some of these require a certain property of the province they are built in, like the Grain Depot that requires a certain resource or the March that can only be build in non core provinces, while buildings like the War College can be built anywhere.
Great ! I just don't see why, for your specific examples, I cannot have more than one Grain Depot, or "march" in my country. Especially if I have colonies. Maybe you should use the "region" filter for once and limit to one per region ?

4. Wonders. Those are unique building that only one country can build, and only once. We think of Versailles, the White House or a few other items like this. Expensive, and a lot of prestige is needed, but that might be worth the cost
That will be fun !

sacrifice for this new system was the city view
No hard feeling. It had no interest anyway, and actually worked against the game when I was showing it to friends.

Last comment :
Please don't forget to adapt the NI / advisors to this new focus on buildings. "This NI allows you to pay -40% for economic buildings. Should you change this NI, some of those economic buildings might be destroyed".

Just one question, large nations towards the end of the game had more magistrates than they could use while I felt that at the start of the game there were too fee magistrates.

For World Conquest attempts I even reached the magical 60 magistrates a year once.

Will this be a little rebalanced. At present for large end game empires you get too many magistrates (at least in 4.0 not too sure if 4.1 is still the same), while at the start of the game I almost had no magistrates. Would be great to hear something about this.

Otherwise I am very happy about this change the ONE major issue I had with EU3 was the province decision screen which made large empires a complete nightmare.

You need a magistrate to build anything? I hope you have increased the number of them you get and can store, otherwise that is seriously going to hurt a colonial empire that wants to build 2 new lvl 1 forts a year :) The new world might actually remain an easy place to conquer at this rate!

Nestorius did you get the beta patch? that cut the gain from roads and post offices down to 1/10 of what it originally was...