• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

EsX

Recruit
Aug 3, 2009
Hello all.

I installed EIC demo this afternoon and I tested naval battle, especialy the direct mode who interest me many.:cool:

But what a pity, we don't be able to walk on the deck of ship, it's just some camera placed at different position.
And the immersion is very amputated by this system.:(

What are your opinion on the direct control?
Any patch will be fix this ?
An FPS view on the deck would be really nice.

I'll go test the campaign, thanks for reading and sorry for bad english.;)

I don't see why we should be able to "walk around" on deck and look everywhere, when point of using direct mode is to aim cannons your self and shoot it. It might be interesting idea but that's not an important issue atm. Battle it self being taking forever is biggest issue of all. Taking 20-30 min chasing a ship with no sails is just plain ridiculous.

Walking on the deck would be overkill, now what would be nice is to have a little bit more control in Direct Control. More 17th century behaviour of the men and most importantly you as the captain.

How much cooler wouldn't it be if you could hear "yourself" shout "Fire as you bear", and the midshipmen give the order to fire as they actually got a bearing on the enemy? Or add a bit more voice to the turning "Bring her to port if you please" and then get the acknowledgement from your helmsman?

Minor stuff certainly, and I have no idea how feasible it is to get the voice actors involved again, but it would certainly make me fight every naval battle and take direct command of a ship and damn the rest of my fleet :)

In lieu of walking the deck I would relish a control system that would allow me to give orders to a specific ship then move to the next rather baby-sit one ship to get it through a turn. Try controlling multiple ships in a running gun battle situation. Switching to RTS to issue a way point is a work-around at best. Next time you switch to DC mode for a specific ship the waypoint goes away. Also it is difficult to tell which ship in the list corresponds which ship in the battle. When you jump to the wrong one using DC mode you trash your waypoints.

Greg.