• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
gzav said:
Will there be belly-dancing? :D

I can shake my fat belly if you want to! :p

Johan said:
I can shake my fat belly if you want to! :p
Wow. What an erotic image... :confused:

I think you would violate some public decency laws if you did that. :D :
johan_mugshot.jpg

Lethke said:
I feel your pain and share it. :(

No debit card either? My Visa Electron worked fined (thanks to the new decent system they use for payment)

Susana said:
anonymous4401 said:
Man, this is so awesome! :cool:

I'm getting this weird vision of being at a party where I don't know anyone but everyone knows everyone else, so they all talk to each other while I sit in my little corner, alone.

Hi Anonymous,

Not to worry, we are all very social (incredibly social if you measure in computer geek terms). Just ask the people that have already been here to visit us. :p We look forward to welcome one of you to Stockholm!

Regards
Susana

I can confirm that. In fact, they aren´t even THAT scary, despite Johan´s looks...so I´m going there again next friday :D

(If I don´t make it back, you know where I went.... :rolleyes: )

Ayup, them Paradox louts (well, only met Johan myself) aren't asocial weirdos at all... Weirdos, perhaps, but certainly not asocial :D

Susana said:
Not to worry, we are all very social (incredibly social if you measure in computer geek terms).

Is that like:
-incredibly compassionate if you measure in Stalin terms
-incredibly buoyant if you measure in lead terms
-incredibly intellectual if you measure in George Bush terms
-incredibly humble if you measure in Kim Jong-il terms

Plus, ABBA will be there, right? I mean, you Swede's all know each other...

Last edited:
Great, now I have the song "Waterloo" stuck in my head.

AndrewT said:
That would be "sabre".

No, it would be "saber". :^)

That *is* one nice looking hunk of steel. Rather more substantial than the one I used in college about a thousand years ago. Sharper, too. LOL

David E. Cohen said:
No, it would be "saber". :^)

That *is* one nice looking hunk of steel. Rather more substantial than the one I used in college about a thousand years ago. Sharper, too. LOL

"sabre" for all proper speaking peoples :D
Dont mention fencing. I took up fencing at uni, and they always put me up against a big buxom lass in training. I would always be reticent to stab her in the target area (the chest) and the blasted woman would always stab me in the crotch.

Everyone always thought it funny, I gave up soon after. :(

And I can confirm that the paradox staff are a very friendly lot. Just remember to take enough money to cover the bar tabs! :D :p

(I may have to slap my sister around to order the game for me :D )

Ayeshteni

Funny, how a lot of people speak American just fine, though they may sound a little funny, but they don't know how to spell. ;^)

As far as your fencing difficulties went, you should have viewed it as a chance for some social interaction. What a missed opportunity! Why, the double entendres alone could have filled up a half hour conversation.

P.S. Your guard was probably too high.

P.P.S. You could have taken up *saber*. Unlike foil and epee, the target area is from the waist up, thereby putting your... assets off limits, at least during practices!

Ayeshteni said:
"sabre" for all proper speaking peoples :D
Dont mention fencing. I took up fencing at uni, and they always put me up against a big buxom lass in training. I would always be reticent to stab her in the target area (the chest) and the blasted woman would always stab me in the crotch.

Everyone always thought it funny, I gave up soon after. :(

And I can confirm that the paradox staff are a very friendly lot. Just remember to take enough money to cover the bar tabs! :D :p

(I may have to slap my sister around to order the game for me :D )

Ayeshteni

AndrewT said:
That would be "sabre".
I figured it was supposed to be "sable". After all, there is the little-known Paradox Biotech that shares the office space...

When i win the sable, there is just 1 problem. How to get it through customs :D

And i would have to apply the police for a "blank weapon license" too.

David E. Cohen said:
Funny, how a lot of people speak American just fine, though they may sound a little funny, but they don't know how to spell. ;^)

As far as your fencing difficulties went, you should have viewed it as a chance for some social interaction. What a missed opportunity! Why, the double entendres alone could have filled up a half hour conversation.

P.S. Your guard was probably too high.

P.P.S. You could have taken up *saber*. Unlike foil and epee, the target area is from the waist up, thereby putting your... assets off limits, at least during practices!

As to Sabre, I beleive that 'saber' is a much more recent variant; the 'American 1776 Variant' which as you know, has no place in Diplomacy which deals firmly with Europe. Also the term 'sabre' was in use before the people who came up with said variant existed at all. :D

And yes, I suppose it was missed opportunities. If we hit it off, maybe she would be more reticent to damage the goods :D

Ayeshteni

Visits to Stockholm

cianchet said:
So, this means that it is possible to visit your HQ?

I would like to do it. I often come to Stockholm, because of my job.

I will be there soon in September, can we plan a visit?

Thanks!

Hi Cianchet,

and everyone else. We have more than 46,000 members in this forum and many, many very dedicated fans. This is something we value highly and we enjoy our interaction with the forum. However, we do not have an open door policy, as every visit steals away from production time and business hours. We do occasionally have visitors, but these are sheduled and mainly from moderators who are long-time contributors to Paradox projects. That is one of the reasons we decided on the 1st prize for the competition. :)

Kind regards
Susana Meza

Last edited:
Susana said:
Hi Cianchet,

and everyone else. We have more than 46,000 members in this forum and many, many very dedicated fans. This is something we value highly and we enjoy our interaction with the forum. However, we do not have an open door policy, as every visit steals away from production time and business hours. We do occasionally have visitors, but these are sheduled and mainly from moderators who are long-time contributors to Paradox projects. That is one of the reasons we decided on the 1st prize for the competition. :)

Kind regards
Susana Meza

I guess the only solution if we don't win, is to catch them at their regular pub, if they have one... They probably have... :D

Murmurandus said:
I guess the only solution if we don't win, is to catch them at their regular pub, if they have one... They probably have... :D

Or at a Paradox converion (well at least with Johan anyway)

Nice prices, nice prices indeed... Heck, one might wonder if the third price isn't the best one, in a way. :)