• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ok, I'll bite.
Sign me up as a junior diplomat to .. hmm. France?
With someone who's actually decent at this game, at any rate, since I will attempt to not be too active and do more watching and learning than actual playing.
(God knows how long that vow will last .. possibly not very long)

Sorry, seboden, I'll pass right now. Although I might join later to ruin a country or two.

Further to the thing about the British Empire, which Kiwi touched on, the Empire included a lot of autonomous and semi-autonomous dominions. The exact legal relationship is rather awkward, for example Australia gained its independence on the 1st of January 1901, but it wasn't until the 1988 Australia Acts severed the last legal link between Australia and the United Kingdom (the High Court replaced the Privy Council as the highest authority of appeals). Australia pursued an independent foreign policy in the early decades of the 20th Century, then regressed a lot during the Depression era... for other Dominions it was much the same. The exact status of sovereignty at any given moment was rather amorphous. The point here being that the German Empire was a unitary state in which the Kaiser basically said jump and the Germans jumped (over simplification I know), and ditto for the Russian Empire, and even the Austro-Hungarian Empire, which was a Personal Union, was more of a unitary state than the British Empire. The British Empire was closer to the European Union than to the United States of America, as it were.

Although given the Empire provided so much of the British strength in WWI, it probably should be the British Empire :p

Further to the thing about the British Empire, which Kiwi touched on, the Empire included a lot of autonomous and semi-autonomous dominions. The exact legal relationship is rather awkward, for example Australia gained its independence on the 1st of January 1901, but it wasn't until the 1988 Australia Acts severed the last legal link between Australia and the United Kingdom (the High Court replaced the Privy Council as the highest authority of appeals). Australia pursued an independent foreign policy in the early decades of the 20th Century, then regressed a lot during the Depression era... for other Dominions it was much the same. The exact status of sovereignty at any given moment was rather amorphous. The point here being that the German Empire was a unitary state in which the Kaiser basically said jump and the Germans jumped (over simplification I know), and ditto for the Russian Empire, and even the Austro-Hungarian Empire, which was a Personal Union, was more of a unitary state than the British Empire. The British Empire was closer to the European Union than to the United States of America, as it were.

Although given the Empire provided so much of the British strength in WWI, it probably should be the British Empire :p

In our case it wasn't until 2004 that a local Supreme Court replaced the Privy Council. We had similar lags in becoming a Dominion and in adopting the Ststute of Westminster.

I'll bow to pressure from the dominions and henceforth refer to the entity controlling the British Isles as the British Empire. :)

Randakar has been added as a junior diplomat to France.

Any volunteers for the positions in the Kingdom of Italy, the British or the Russian Empire?

Do I send in my turn order now?

Do I send in my turn order now?

You have until Friday.

I'd discuss what you want to do with Vainglory, and with other nations who you might want to form relationships with or come to understandings with. You need other countries help to win.

I needn't say this, but will anyway: Igor Strange has full negotiating power on behalf of the Reich, the Volk, the Fuhrer.