• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

autumnTwilight

Sergeant
110 Badges
Aug 29, 2009
  • The Showdown Effect
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Magicka
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Pride of Nations
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Dungeonland
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
I just picked up the steam version of Sengoku last night through Steam and have been having a lot of fun. Anyway, my poor Nanbu got crushed by the Uesugi in my first game so I restarted on Very Easy today to see if that would give me a better chance.

What I then discovered was that the -3 RR was not applying. Curious about it, I then modded static_modifiers to give a whole bunch of benefits to the player on Very Easy (+.1 free honor and +.5 money) and started another game. The difficulty screen listed all of the values I had modded in, and I started a new Nanbu game. I then checked my honor, but it was still at +.10 per month instead of the +.20 it should have been. I was also making only 50 gold/year instead of the 75 it should have been. Like before, the tooltips did not mention any difficulty settings like they did in most other Paradox games.

I then verified my game cache with Steam and it replaced 1 file. I then loaded it back up without the mod, and the problem persisted. Apparently the one file replaced was the settings file since all options and hints had been reset.

From here, I read that some issues occur with Steam being installed in the program files directory, so I moved steam to C:\games\, and completely reinstalled Sengoku. The problem still remained.

I am currently playing 1.01c (DBVU) purchased from Steam on Win7 64 bit system. Thank you for any help you can provide. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help with this.

I am otherwise completely in love with this game.

Upvote 0
Don't bother moving your Steam install, itself.

With these Paradox games, you can just copy the whole install folder and move it elsewhere to make another copy of the game. Just make another desktop shortcut for the new one (I label mine as "Sengoku Mod" for example) and just use the original installation as a vanilla (non-modded) copy. That also helps if I need to replace an original file over a modded one in the mod installation.

The whole point of this is because Steam has an ignorant habit of re-installing vanilla versions of your Steam games, even if you have the option turned off in the Steam settings for it. It's a big pain in the ass if you use mods. Luckily this game (and other PI games using the same engine) run just fine with a simple copy & paste to a different location.

I apologize if I did not explain it properly. What I mean is that even unmodded, the game's difficulties settings are not applying for me.

Hopefully the images below will help illustrate what I mean.

2011-09-18_00004.jpg

This shows that I am on the unmodded Very Easy difficulty and should be getting -3 RR.

2011-09-18_00003.jpg

This image shows that I am not getting the -3 RR applied. If I appoint a master of ceremonies and tell him to collect taxes, I am at 3 RR instead of 0.

Normally with Paradox games (having years of experience with EU and HoI), the difficulty modifiers show in tooltips so I am rather confused. I also cannot find a way to confirm whether the difficulty settings are working for the AI as well.

Confirmed and reported to the devs. Guess we'll see if its just lacking tooltips for the modifiers, or if changing difficulty does nothing.