• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Code:
barbarossa_surprise_decision = {
		potential = {
			tag = GER
			barbarossa_operation = 1
			not = { has_global_flag = operation_barbarossa }			
		}

allow = {
			not = { war_with = SOV }
			barbarossa_operation = 1
			date = 1941.4.1
		}

effect = {
			set_global_flag = operation_barbarossa
			war = SOV
			SOV = {
				add_country_modifier = {
					name = "barbarossa_org"
					duration = 21	
				}
			}
		}

ai_will_do = {
			factor = 1
		}
	}

You can fire the decision on april 1st 1941 at minimum and then anytime. The effect on Soviet org will last 21 days once the decision is fired. You can fire it in 1947 if you want to.

Code:
barbarossa_surprise_decision = {
		potential = {
			tag = GER
			barbarossa_operation = 1
			not = { has_global_flag = operation_barbarossa }			
		}

allow = {
			not = { war_with = SOV }
			barbarossa_operation = 1
			date = 1941.4.1
		}

effect = {
			set_global_flag = operation_barbarossa
			war = SOV
			SOV = {
				add_country_modifier = {
					name = "barbarossa_org"
					duration = 21	
				}
			}
		}

ai_will_do = {
			factor = 1
		}
	}

You can fire the decision on april 1st 1941 at minimum and then anytime. The effect on Soviet org will last 21 days once the decision is fired. You can fire it in 1947 if you want to.

I must have attacked in early April then when it became avaliable. Next time I will watch it further to verify the timing as I was not aware that it had a timer set to it. I just recall it saying I only had the effects until May 1st. Thanks for the detailed answer.

I do know this looks stupid! And very likely you will not help! But: I have tried to install Dies Iras on SF 2.04f 5 times with no luck! Well, yes we dumbheads just do things like that! For ICE I would agree - but in ICE this was never a problem - however with Dies Iras it is just not possible. I have tried to install on a copy on my desctop and on a copy in the programs folder and so on.... I just wanted to see what this was all about, but couldnt even get into the thing. I dont care about the money thing - I followed instructions - but nothing! :(

I do know this looks stupid! And very likely you will not help! But: I have tried to install Dies Iras on SF 2.04f 5 times with no luck! Well, yes we dumbheads just do things like that! For ICE I would agree - but in ICE this was never a problem - however with Dies Iras it is just not possible. I have tried to install on a copy on my desctop and on a copy in the programs folder and so on.... I just wanted to see what this was all about, but couldnt even get into the thing. I dont care about the money thing - I followed instructions - but nothing! :(

what exactly is the problem? can't you install it? doesn't it show up in the launcher? does it crash?

what exactly is the problem? can't you install it? doesn't it show up in the launcher? does it crash?

Actually, nothing happens - or rather one of two: Either Im able to open SF - but no changes from vanilla - or the program crashes when I try to open. Then I delete all and install: HOI3+SF+2.03+2.04+2.04d+2.04f and then Dies Irae - either in the program folder or on a copy on my desc top. Same result.

Actually, nothing happens - or rather one of two: Either Im able to open SF - but no changes from vanilla - or the program crashes when I try to open. Then I delete all and install: HOI3+SF+2.03+2.04+2.04d+2.04f and then Dies Irae - either in the program folder or on a copy on my desc top. Same result.

why do you use so many patches? the last one is more then enough... (do you have the right checksum?)
however, did you use the patches for Dies Irea? does it appear in the launcher?

why do you use so many patches? the last one is more then enough... (do you have the right checksum?)
however, did you use the patches for Dies Irea? does it appear in the launcher?

I use all patches because it say so in the instructions! I tried only the HOI +SF+2.03 + 2.04 also and it crashed. I just bought Dieas Irea on GG - so I never tried it before. Im back in SF - think it works better for me! I go on with Black ICE. Just wanted to try this Dies Irea thing... But no luck!

I use all patches because it say so in the instructions! I tried only the HOI +SF+2.03 + 2.04 also and it crashed. I just bought Dieas Irea on GG - so I never tried it before. Im back in SF - think it works better for me! I go on with Black ICE. Just wanted to try this Dies Irea thing... But no luck!

You are selecting it from the launcher, then from the mod drop down box right? You did install it into the mod folder of the game right?

Very strange and irritating occurance in last two games. Both times a Theatre
fighting in Russia has decided it does not want to fight and pulls almost all its units
back towards the Polish/Russian border. Despite repeated attempts at giving it
attack instructions and objectives. This last time about 9 Panzer/Mot div and 7
Inf move about 4 provinces away from the fighting killing my attempt to attack
in the center in Russia. I cannot even delete the Theatre after removing all units
and areas of control. Also the units that were attached seemed to have gone
stupid and just sit there even after i reassign them to another theatre. They
are not rebuilding or out of org. All are in perfect shape. I tell ya its really strange
to see Army Group Center collapse from fear and run away. kinda irratating after
6-7 hours of game play to have the game collapse like this. Once the offensive
starts to collapse because of this you can never make up the time before winter.

edit. The area it moved to has plenty of Garrison and MP units and there are no
partisans or high revolt areas there.

Also the Russian airforce in 1941 is HUGE!! far larger than the 40 or so German groups
i am using and just gets larger. Got hit by about 15 fighter groups alone near Leningrad.
There needs to be some type of Luftwaffe inital strike event that will destroy about 70%
of the Soviet airforce when Barbarossa starts. Despite massive upgrades and training
the Luftwaffe is getting overwhelmed in 1941.

Last edited:
You are selecting it from the launcher, then from the mod drop down box right? You did install it into the mod folder of the game right?

As I said: This is incredibly stupid! Yes, of cause I forget that! So all else was correct, then this! Now its perfect! Actually, I eventually found out myself, but thank you very much for the advice!

It appears the Theatre AI problem (I let the Theatere AIs run the army) is caused by
too many Theatres operating too close together. The center group of my 3 Russia
Theatres is the one that went wonky. Also had some problems with the S. Theatre
that bordered on the Italian Theatres front and where units were intermixed. It appeared
that when the Italian front pushed troops forward to "help" the S. Front it withdrew forces
it did not think it needed or did not use some to attack.

Glad you got it straightened out, kununguaq. I currently have HOI3/SF/Vanilla, HOI3/SF/DiG, HOI3/I.C.E., AoD Vanilla, AoD CORE, DH Vanilla, DH with IC. Most of them have the nice graphics mods, too. FTM I am waiting. Now I am tempted to try Aod/IC.

Actually, I am amazed at the ease of getting all this done. On the forums, you hear mostly problems, which is natural. Best to you!

I had a question about the Heavy Water event. I couqured Norway in 39. In mid 41 I get an event saying I had found the Heavy Water plant. Should it really take that long to find it and get that event? Is that what really happened?

Getting lots of help from Germany, the Nationalist Chinese army kicked the Japanese all the way back to Machuria but stopped one line of provinces short of taking back all the lost Shanxi provinces. For almost a year from 1939 to December 1940, the two armies have just stared at each other and I think perhaps the AI is a little lost.

Unlike in the old days, Japan does no naval landings in Guangxi Clique or south Nat. China.

I have tried setting "allied objectives" inside Manchuria and in the few remaining Shanxi provinces under Japan's control, but still Nationalist China won't engage any more :(

I am really worried that I will never see the Chinese attack USSR in the east this way, nor see any further Japanese aggression against other nations in the Pacific. Have I ruined the Pacific war by getting China into the Axis? Or have others seen better results of Sino-German cooperation?

This is my first game with this mod solittle experience with this mod! Im a bit surprized to see Rep Spain wipe out Nat Spain fast! (I supperted nat spain as Germany). Now I have Nat China completely in my diplomatic corner and for more than a year (now its Sept 39) and still "Impossible" to get them into axis (Button yellow and all). All support and confirmation towards Nat China was done. Now Japan has pressed nat china to the edge of their territory and will likely wipe them out soon. Japan is sliding towards Allies... Except for Hungary, through event - I have not been able to get anyone into my fraction. And Im nice, not fighting and trading with all. I havent looked through all the pages here and this has maybe just been bad luck. I use the version from GG without patches. Looks great! Like the many unique units! And awards thing - childish but fun!