• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yes there is a mod.

The only mod I see is "Vorwärts Panzers!". Is that correct? If you can point me to it, I can post it on the wiki.

Oh, and just again for the sake of page 51 of this threat: Devildread & Danevang: you guys did a great job. The historical immersion is fantastic, and I love some of the simple choices, etc. Your dev diaries really have lived up to what you delivered.

I started in 1936. Why are you having MP problems? It´s due to attrition in Russia? Did you also run in MP problems playing vanilla?

I use Theatre AI. ^^

Feedback on DIG version 1.00

First of all: thanks for a great mod that I look forward to having a lot of fun with! :)

Second: I have some comments on my experience of the first year in the game. You may already have heard most of this, but I don't see it addressed in the change log in post 2, so...

AI and alliances in the game
The game certainly is different! :D Italy is bombarding all the countries around her with alliance proposals about every 14 days. Albania joined Italy on January 5th and Hungary in August 1936. Italy keeps sending Germany an alliance proposal roughly every 2-3 weeks all year round.
On February 1st 1936 the USA joined an alliance with Canada!! I am not sure how that is possible with the America neutrality score, but they did :confused:

Civil War in Spain
German intervention became possible on September 1st (wad). USSR did not intervene until November 23rd 1936. Italy, France and UK never intervened. However both France and UK offers Rep. Spain military access again and again, which Rep. Spain refuses again and again.

Lack of unit type names
In the German roster, many of the air units have no type names expect the generic such as "Interceptor I" or "Tactical Bomber II" in the production screen. AFAI recall, only the transport and CAG was properly named in my game.

Typos in Hermann Göring Regiment event
When the event fires, the event text reads "...it is designed to be used a support for airborne operation". I suspect the correct text should read: "...it is designed to be used as support for an airborne operation"?

Lack of explained strategic effects of Sino-German Agreement
When you are asked to accept or refuse the Sino-German Agreement event every six months it does not say what the benefit is - only what you loose?? (-2,5% IC). It wasn't until I entered the Anti-Comintern Pact with Japan later, that it was announced that I lost the strategic effect of SGA: +15% rares, +15% resources and -5% supplies. It would help in the decision-making if you knew what the benefit of SGA are, when you are asked to decide please ;)

and finally a question:

Are you deliberately trying to ruin me??

As Germany, I has around 750 $ when the 1936 Olympiad happened. After that the events bankrupted me 5 times in 6 months:
Olympiad: -1000 $
Condor Legion: -100 $
4 Year Plan: -250 $
Rome-Berlin Axis: -150 $
Anti-Comintern Pact: -150 $

Total expenses: 1650 $!! :eek:

I was glad to find that any negative cash became zero cash the next day, but I am curious: what is the reasoning behind these steep expenses? Is there a game mechanic that benefits from Germany being poor?

Keep up the good work!!

:) Jesper

Heh yeah my first game of DiG I went broke with Germany a few times in '36. :) I found that by selling supplies to Russia and energy to whoever needs it that I could buy as much rares/steel and oil to keep things going and still maintain a +2 or 3 in $ daily money flow to ensure I had enough to pay for those big expenses (in my next game heh). After '36 you don't get too much big cash outputs so everything is good and I generally have $1000 in cash reserves when the shooting war starts in '39.

I had the same question as you about the Sino-German agreement. As DD pointed out in a much earlier post, you can see the effects you are currently under in the Strategic Effects screen which is a flag with stars on the right hand side of the main screen, near the bottom. That shows the benefits of the agreement. But I agree it would be nice to have a tool tip of what is going to happen when you look through all the choices.

Oh and I believe in the 1.01 or 1.02 beta patch that they lowered the Olympiad cost to either 500 or 750, down from 1000.

I see. Perhaps that totally cripples your MP and that of many other players.

I don't use any AI control and only have 900-1000 MP saved up before Barbarossa. I take relatively few losses with Poland and the low countries. I purposely attack the Maginot Line for months to raise my generals experience but I don't think that eats up 1000 MP. I don't know my division count but I know I hit the 600 inf/mot/arm brigade bonus a few months before Barbarossa and build lots of ART (I prefer the 2 INF+2 ART build) and a fair amount of ENGs. I generally have 44 FTRs, and 24 TAC/CAS units. I don't have my fleet built up by '41 so taking all this into account am not sure where my MP goes compared to yours.

Do you take the Manpower 4 year plan? I tried that once but I HATE Goering and all the downside taking him involves over the years so never take the 4 year plan anymore.

Oh I don't attack Norway or Switzerland so don't get any MP boosts from those decisions. I do take the foreign recruitment though.

Heh yeah my first game of DiG I went broke with Germany a few times in '36. :) I found that by selling supplies to Russia and energy to whoever needs it that I could buy as much rares/steel and oil to keep things going and still maintain a +2 or 3 in $ daily money flow to ensure I had enough to pay for those big expenses (in my next game heh). After '36 you don't get too much big cash outputs so everything is good and I generally have $1000 in cash reserves when the shooting war starts in '39.

I had the same question as you about the Sino-German agreement. As DD pointed out in a much earlier post, you can see the effects you are currently under in the Strategic Effects screen which is a flag with stars on the right hand side of the main screen, near the bottom. That shows the benefits of the agreement. But I agree it would be nice to have a tool tip of what is going to happen when you look through all the choices.

Oh and I believe in the 1.01 or 1.02 beta patch that they lowered the Olympiad cost to either 500 or 750, down from 1000.

Every time I try to manage my trades, bad things happen. I let the AI handle it now.

AI and alliances in the game
The game certainly is different! :D Italy is bombarding all the countries around her with alliance proposals about every 14 days. Albania joined Italy on January 5th and Hungary in August 1936. Italy keeps sending Germany an alliance proposal roughly every 2-3 weeks all year round.
On February 1st 1936 the USA joined an alliance with Canada!! I am not sure how that is possible with the America neutrality score, but they did :confused:
That is not due to DI:G but due to patch 2.04d having a bug. It was fixed in beta pathces 2.04e and 2.04f.

I see. Perhaps that totally cripples your MP and that of many other players.

I do not use theater AI at all. But just simple number crunching dicates that if you build a grand total of 200 divisions with 20 garrison, 120 infantry and the rest marines, mountain, light, panzer, motorized etc it is not possible to have 2500MP at the start of Barbarosa. Something is different in your game. Since this is the start of the war in the east the lossses have nothing to do with it. Either you don't build an army of this size or you boosted your MP somehow. I have about 1000 MP (maybe 1100 but that's tops) in May 1941 with the above army. I have not lost lots of troops in battle as I defeated France in 1939 and not lost any to fighting the UK since I didn't invade them yet.

I think you need to load up the 1936 game, look at starting MP and MP gain per month. Then just mulriply it out. That would be the absolute maximum you can have (with bumps in monthly gains for law changes and research of course). Even then I doubt you can have 2500 and that's without building anything.

Hey you already had 2 patches in less than two weeks. :)

I will work on 1.03 starting next monday (I don't have a lot of bug reports so I guess this is okay now) and after a week or two of beta I'll send it to Paradox. Then this is out of my control before having an official patch.

I have 2500 MP since mid 1942 more or less. Perhaps I have some strange bug in my game, but I swear I have (now it´s mid 1943 and I have 2400 MP because I have beginning to build 16 inf. Divisions more) around 750 brigades (around 200 of them being support brigades). Since mid 1942 I am getting around 65 MP per month (that means 780 MP more per year), while I don´t have much casualties. All that should let you with A LOT of MP left. I´ll try to take a screenshot so that you can see it yourself. My only worry is that I might have some strange bug.

PS. One last thing, if you have 1000 MP in mid 1941, then you won´t be far from the same MP as me in mid 1942. If you are doing around 55 MP per month, then by mid 1942 you should have around 1700 MP, not so far from 2500 MP. Difference could be explained by occupying policies, techs researched (agriculture, medical and the other one, I can´t remember its name) and a lot of micromanaging in combat.

Hey you already had 2 patches in less than two weeks. :)

I will work on 1.03 starting next monday (I don't have a lot of bug reports so I guess this is okay now) and after a week or two of beta I'll send it to Paradox. Then this is out of my control before having an official patch.

ah ye, but I thought it was just beta tests. Was afraid of starting a new campaign because you said that you had to start over in 1.1, but thanks then! Then I can start playing again :)

I have 2500 MP since mid 1942 more or less. Perhaps I have some strange bug in my game, but I swear I have (now it´s mid 1943 and I have 2400 MP because I have beginning to build 16 inf. Divisions more) around 750 brigades (around 200 of them being support brigades). Since mid 1942 I am getting around 65 MP per month (that means 780 MP more per year), while I don´t have much casualties. All that should let you with A LOT of MP left. I´ll try to take a screenshot so that you can see it yourself. My only worry is that I might have some strange bug.

PS. One last thing, if you have 1000 MP in mid 1941, then you won´t be far from the same MP as me in mid 1942. If you are doing around 55 MP per month, then by mid 1942 you should have around 1700 MP, not so far from 2500 MP. Difference could be explained by occupying policies, techs researched (agriculture, medical and the other one, I can´t remember its name) and a lot of micromanaging in combat.

Sorry I was reading but not comprhending that you were using a later date. I basically finished the game by defeatign UK and SU in January of 1942. SU fell in September and it took two moths to reposition the troops to defeat the UK.

You need to ignore the MP after the start of barbarosa as how that fight goes, the techs you pick etc really impact MP. The one thing that almost everyone says is that with around 750-800 brigades you should only have 900-1200 MP avaiable for the start of Barbarosa in May/June 1941. If you have 1700+ then something is wrong. Either you didn't build any units or you gained more MP then normal.

Addition to post 1006

"Stronger Sino-German Agreement"
What is the strategic effect of this one? Unlike the normal agreement, this one does not appear under the Strategic Effects button?

Also, you get the options of sending "trained troops" and "more troops", the first of which is the regular deal and the second being the expanded deal which costs you -5% IC instead of -2,5% IC. Maybe it's just me but I think "trained troops" sounds better (for China) than "more troops", so I almost accidentally choose the wrong one. Perhaps you could make the distinction more clear? :)

Communists on their way to power in UK?
Maybe this is also a patch 2.04e bug, but in my new game the Communists are the largest political party in the UK in 1937 with 37% of the vote?? :eek:

Hitler's hands
The wording of the result of the Bloomberg-Fritsch Affair event is: "The Wehrmacht is under Hitler's hands now". It should probably say: "in Hitler's hands now" :p

And a question:

When constructing subs, I can choose High quality or Low quality - the low quality lowers the Hull Size score, but why is that a bad thing? I thought that the hull size was what determined spotting chances by enemies, meaning that a smaller hull size would be a good thing for a sub, no? :confused:

:) Jesper

Hull is not about spotting chances, it is about avoiding damage when hit. Visibility is about spotting chances.

Any suggestion on the best way to use the Brandenbergers?

As support for paratroopers (or anyone else, they add % combat efficiency on all terrain). :)

Hull is not about spotting chances, it is about avoiding damage when hit. Visibility is about spotting chances.

As support for paratroopers (or anyone else, they add % combat efficiency on all terrain). :)

I was thinking of adding them to a Marine division.