• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi guys i've also got the annoying problem that i cant even install Dies Irae because it says Hoi3 isnt installed. I'm using windows vista and i do have Hoi3 installed in the C: folder instead of program files so it should work?

Post Game Report (DI:G, on release)

Observations:
Nationalist Spain won, with max German support, in about 9 months.
Nationalist China, with max German support, lost to Japan in about two years.
Russia never got below 1000 manpower or 150 Divisions (but kept its Eastern borders fully manned).
Italy easily destroyed UK forces in North Africa.

Supply Demand:
(all examples use about 1000 army brigades, 52 air brigades and 44 ships)
Russian rail improvements were in effect at all times.
April 1941 (Pre Barbarossa): 106
May 1041 (B+1M): 228
June 1941 (B+2M): 338
August 1941 (Gates of Moscow): 517
November 1941 (Pre Bitter Peace): 780 (At this point, half my army was out of supply and had zero ORG (mainly in the South). I had infrastructure improvements and was running supply convoys to every Russian Port, including those in the Black sea).
January 1942: 132
Supply holdings were reduced significantly, sometimes becoming less than 2000 and with indication of running out. Next time I would notice supply, the level had usually increased but it was hardly ever in green (it was usually going down).
I did get a fuel warning once but ignored it. I did not experience fuel problems.

Experience Gain:
No Air leader gained an experience level.
Only 5 divisional commanders reached level 4.
All three commanders of my Eastern Army Groups gained 1% for their command of operations.
No non-elete unit reached higher than three experience stars.
Comment: experience gain seems too low for air and land units and commanders.

Foreign Recruited Units:
These are generally provided as expeditionary forces. This works well when they are well formed and have a leader (such as the Spanish division) but not for all other forces (Danish, Croatian, Russian, Indian etc). These units need leaders and many of them need additional equipment, which can not be provided to foreign expeditionary forces. I think most of these units should be under direct German control. They were raised by Germany, to meet Germany's needs (notwithstanding some propaganda).

German Assistance to Romania:
Assistance is given to Finland but no units or other obvious assistance is given to Romania, which, contrary to history, struggles to contribute to Barbarossa.

Possible Bug with Gross Deutschland Motorised Division:
This failed to fire when I reached Stalingrad or by 1 April 1942 (which, I think, is scripted). I forced the event and saw it was being held up by not satisfying the third condition (and, yes, the first brigade was still alive).

UK Access to Baltic:
The UK has access to the Baltic and will station significant fleets and sub patrols there. It is unrealistic for fleets to operate in hostile waters with foreign air command but 20 TAC bombers (grouped in 4s) were insufficient to cause serious damage to the UK fleets. This is not game breaking but it would be good if UK access to the Baltic could be reduced or TAC strength against fleets increased.

Manpower:
When I mobilised for Poland, I had iinsufficient manpower to fully mobilise and it was not until I received additional manpower from Fall Gelb that I came above zero. This is the first time I have experienced this. It might be related to remaining on a low draft level (two year, I think) until I mobilised but the effect was significant. Next time I will increase my draft level as soon as I can and see whether manpower is less of an issue.

General Impression:
I usually play along historical lines. I attacked France in 1939 as I could not resist the unmanned Maginot Line (I note that should be fixed in the patch). The European wars were pretty easy but the UK put up the best fight yet (good work there). I broke the Russian line and encircled and destroyed Russian units but there were always more to fight. The Russian workers appear at appropriate times. My seige of Lenningrad was epic, with continuous combat for almost three months (even though it was only really one "half" ORG Garrison defending it, plus a lot of disorganised units). The level 10 fort makes a big difference but I was suprised that, after three months of combat the infrastructure and fort was still complete. This would have helped the defending Russians. Moscow and Stalingrad did not hold anywhere nearly as well. I played on Normal and maintained direct unit control, achieving the Bitter Peace in November 1941 (had I not achieved victory within a week, my zero org divisions would have been retreating along half of my front line). I prefer to use the AI at Army level, so I suspect victory in 1941 will not be possible in the future and a long campaign of at least two years, and possibly more, will be needed. Well done!

I signed no Molotov-Reibbentrop pact with the Soviet Union, I conquered both Lithuania and Latvia, but in the beggining of january 1940 (I think it was the 1st of jan.) they decided to deliver an ultimatum to the baltic states and all of them accepted, having their territories been transfered to SU, even though I conquered Lithuania and Latvia, which means my conquered territory was transfered to SU. I'm not sure this is a DI:G bug or a vanilla bug.

This should be fixed in 1.01 patch, please tell me if you are using it or not?

Vanilla bug/design flaw personally i had to cancel Barbarossa as my unites were suddenly using 1200+ fuel and 4-5k supply per day while standing still:wacko: i ran a few tests and so far it seams that the fuel/supply usage just explodes at random intervals as the fuel using army i used in France was exactly the same as in Russia (no upgrades) butt in France it was using 400-500 per day if i moved every single land/sea/air unite and not more then 200 normal use.

Yeah there is a supply problem. I am looking into it but it seems that it exists in vanilla also. Can anyone confirm that? Do you have supply/fuel issues in vanilla?

Post Game Report (DI:G, on release)
Supply Demand:
January 1942: 132
Supply demand was gone as soon as you were at peace with Soviet Union, then?
What about partisans and such? Is there a difference between peace and war?
I am trying to figure out why there is so much demand for war.

Experience Gain:
No Air leader gained an experience level.
Only 5 divisional commanders reached level 4.
All three commanders of my Eastern Army Groups gained 1% for their command of operations.
No non-elete unit reached higher than three experience stars.
Comment: experience gain seems too low for air and land units and commanders.

Those are vanilla settings, I don't know if I want to change that (this may unbalance the game).

Foreign Recruited Units:
These are generally provided as expeditionary forces. This works well when they are well formed and have a leader (such as the Spanish division) but not for all other forces (Danish, Croatian, Russian, Indian etc). These units need leaders and many of them need additional equipment, which can not be provided to foreign expeditionary forces. I think most of these units should be under direct German control. They were raised by Germany, to meet Germany's needs (notwithstanding some propaganda).

I ear you and will either find a leader or make them under full german control.

German Assistance to Romania: You can do that manually by putting your HG Sud in Romania, I don't think that needs a scripted event.
Gross Deutschland Motorised Division bug fixed.
UK Access to Baltic: can't fix that, this is AI. :/
Manpower: There are several things that can raise manpower (4 year plan, foreign wehrmacht, Himmler...) but DI:G is designed to make you struggle for it (as historically). :)

General Impression: Thank you for your report. :)

Okay guys I have good news!

I spotted the high supply demand origin: it is tied with partisan. I am running a few tests and will report back. :)

Last edited:
Some feedback:

General winter effect:
When u as Germany attack Russia in April 1941, you still get the general winter effect, if you haven't researched the winter tech yet, even though the temperature across the entire front is like +5 C. Its only in far away provinces like Stalingrad, Leningrad etc, that the temperature is below freezing. Maybe make the conditions for the event rolling? the first step of conditions should be like jan, feb or when ever its winter along the 1939 Russian-German border. Then marts could proc the effect if the axis controls some of the Russian provinces that have winter in marts, and so on, until may when where the effect can no longer happen. And it would be nice, if the effect only effected units in provinces that actually have winter, perhaps by making the effects only weather related? i dont know if this is even possible.

Republican Spain:
If republican Spain wins the Spanish civil war, it would be nice to see some events or decisions linked to that. I can see plenty of reasons why Hitler would want to invade an ally/Comintern friendly country next to its (new) borders, with high priority provinces close to it(Gibraltar) and that must be weak after a bloody civil war.

Rudolf Hess:
The Rudolf Hess event happens even though all of great Britain is occupied by the axis

Atlantic Naval Events:
A lot of the Atlantic naval war events keeps happening, even though the entire British isle are occupied by the axis

Supply Issue:
There are some supply issues as well, though its not just a problem with your mod. When u have launched operation Barbarossa and are well into Russia, let's say you're at Moscow, Leningrad and Stalingrad, maybe a little further. Supplies start to get limited already the in German provinces close to Berlin that are facing the Russian front. It doesn't make sense, why can't the supplies just travel west or south and circumnavigate those few overstressed provinces? And yes I have researched all of the relevant techs, like Russian railway, supply organization and I have picked the appropriate ministers. Here is a screenshot of the issue:

In the first screenshot you can see the supply limitations in Germany with snapshots of the supply situation of the 6 provinces, Erkner, Pasewalk, Stettin, Frankfurt, Lübben and Seelow. Erkner and Pasewalk are the two provinces closest to Berlin and they receive a combined amount of supplies of like 10500 units. But the next 4 provinces that should continue transporting those supplies don't even get a combined amount of 4000 units. Why is that? am I doing something wrong? is the supply tax that high? is this how its suppose to be?
The second screenshot is a picture of how far my armies have gotten into Russia.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/715/supplyissusegermany.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/847/fronthj.jpg/

Last edited:
Some feedback:

Thanks for that.

General winter effect:
This hal already been fixed in the beta patch. :)

Republican Spain:
Yeah, why not a decision to invade them after all.

Rudolf Hess and Atlantic Naval Events:
Haha I didn't think about that, I'll adapt the triggers if UK is occupied.

Supply Issue:
Working on it (see the post above).

What about the difficulty of invading UK?

Operation Seelowe feels slightly to easy, though I understand that the UK has to defend its colonies and its homeland. maybe they can have more units at home and in the colonies?

They already have more units in homeland, did you try with DI:G?

If England joins the Rheinland War, the War in the Atlantic event pops in 1936 and decisions in 1936 to not starve England then affect later ability to use these events.
IMO try to have the event disallowed until the Rhine affairs have been sorted somehow.

I spotted the high supply demand origin: it is tied with partisan. I am running a few tests and will report back. :)

In the meantime, GAR x 2 + MP to the rescue?

What about the difficulty of invading UK?
First of all I played on normal, as it was my first game with this mod, i think ill play one on hard or very hard ones there is a new patch.

I didn't spend any IC or leadership on naval forces at all, other than 10 transporters, I didn't have any naval bombers.

At the time of the invasion I had about 3x4 TACs, 4x2xCAS/2xMulti, 6x4 INT and 1 transport plane with 5x3brigade fallschirmjägers.

And of cause plenty of ground forces.

I had no problem keeping air superiority with my 6 INT wings patrolling from different air bases in France and Belgium. I think in all I pulled 4 INT squadrons of the line to get them repaired and regain organisation. This might be different on harder settings, but i think the RAF needs to make a better stand.

With the skies mine, i started going after the royal navy. I deployed my obsolete and small navy of the coast of Dover and had some of my bombers based close by with the naval strike mission in that area. My navy got engaged with a royal navy fleet of about 15 ships consisting of BBs, BC and smaller ships, but no carriers. The battle ended with a few small ships lost on both sides and alot of the biggers ships at low strength and zero org. The royal navy retreated into Dover to repair and regain org. So i send the luftwaffe to finish them off. First I went for the province AA, it took quite a strain on my TACs, and they were all at zero org and 50% strength once they the AA was down. Then I used my CASs for port strikes and after about a week the navy was almost destroyed. All in all it was a fair challenge, remember it was only a relatively small naval force, and I spend a lot of time and energy on it and I had to constantly rebase my bombers to get them repair and to bring up new bombers to continue the port strikes. But the problem with port strikes is that you destroy the naval base and then cant ship in supplies to support an invasion.

So then I decided to wait for the one of the provinces with a 10 level naval base to be unprotected so I could drop one of my fallschirmjägers division and transport some of my troops there fast. After a few weeks of waiting Bristol was free and operation seelöwe was underway. I first used infantry to conquer more level 10 naval bases and used my transporter plane to air drop supplies, and once I deemed that I had sufficient supplies, I started to ship in the panzers and the invasion was complete within a few months. My transporters rarely meet any enemy navy and if I did it was usually some small navy from some smaller allied countries like Poland or France. It was only when I tried to do a normal invasion of Ireland(at the time my land forces were in southern Scotland) with marines that my navy was confronted with a large royal navy, but I just redeployed some of my wings and the damage wasn't that bad.

As a side note the RAF started bombing my IC right of the bat. Of cause that ahistorical but I could imagine that it also puts a strain on the brits IC, both with construction and constant repair, since they took a lot of damage from my interceptors and they didn't even do much damage to my IC...

So my recommendations would be(and of cause it might be different on hard):

Make the RAF focus more on fighters, at least early on, and less on bombers.

I don't really see how the royal navy should behave differently... if they patrol the channel too much they well get bombed a lot... though if the RAF were able to put up a fierce resistance, it would be harder to bomb them and the navy would be able to properly patrol the coastal seas...

I don't know if it's possible, but make some land units stationary in all naval provinces. Perhaps make a special unit that can't move or be moved?

If you want to make it so, that you have to almost completely destroy the royal navy, at least those ships patrolling the channel, in order to pull off a successful seelöwe, it's really a problem that you also destroys the naval base itself during port strikes. As it is now as Germany, it's not really in your interest to do port strikes... And during WW2 when bombers did attack ports, did they really destroy the ability of the port to ship in supplies? and remember we are talking about level 10 naval bases... So is it possible for the port strike mission to do less damage to the naval base infrastructure and only hurt the ships?
And since it's a Germany only mod, I think it's reasonable to conclude that the Germans never would be interested in destroying the infrastructure of any enemy port. And anyways if you wanted to cripple the supply lines of the enemy, can't you just destroy the normal infrastructure? Of cause there is the repair capabilities of a port... but that's of minor concern i think...

Oh, I swear to you that was the origin of the problem I was thinking about when I read in some previous posts the word partisan. Really grateful you had at last found it. However, does the problem arises in vanilla or just in DI? From the tests you made in the bug thread of this problem, it also seems present in vanilla.

Just a little point: If like myself you save your setup on Jan 1st, 1936 (saves time when you restart), the Uboote and Vorwärts Panzer starting events don't fire....

I fixed this by changing the trigger date for both events to Feb 36.

Have fun

Yes it is present in vanilla as well. I wait for official comment and then I'll upload an hotfix for DI:G :)

Thanks for the reports guys, keep going.

Quick Report with patch (up to 1937):

-Nat. Spain, slowly but surely, properly wins SCW in about a year, slow interventions (me first, a few months later the Reds, a few more months, then the Italians).

-Trade:

-Everybody seems to have a lot of everything, I cannot dump supplies almost anywhere (no takers) for cash or my Energy for that matter (really have to shop around).
-Italy which should be anemic for everything, has plenty of everything to go around.
-80% of the world has spare oil (???) but doesn't want to sell (only VEN and PER do, after some haggling).

The above might be the consequence of everybody being in IC Peace mode, but still.

Quick question DD, how is this selling :) ?

This should be fixed in 1.01 patch, please tell me if you are using it or not?

I wasn't using the patch, sorry for reporting it.

In my games I have been influencing Romania and performing "support our party" and I always get them to join axis in 1940 through the event. Is the event triggered by what I do or is it suppose to pop in 1940 no matter the conditions?

As to the supply problems, don't you think it could be related to the fact you don't have other exploration policies in Poland than total exploitation and millitary government, which have the highest partisan penalties? (idk if anyone has mentioned this before)

Last edited:
I don't know if it's a bug or not, or I just don't know the game wel enough...

When I make an army structure, to take advantage from the leader advantages, often corps, armee crops don't move, stand still and are finally out of range.
Yesterday I made an army groupe N. This consisted of several Arme Corps, with contained several Cops and attached several div. I didn't attached it to a HQ...

Anyway, as I gave the Group to proceed to Leningrad, several divisions don't move, some corps and even one Armee corps. As a result, not my entire fighing forces advances, and looses connection.

As you cannot move individual units or Corps, I'm forced to remove the command structure and move the individual pieces that stay behind. then reform, regroup and put them back into the structure. This costs time and unefeective use of resources.

I don't know if it a bug or not... or a fault on my end.

Is it possible to move in line the "stranded" troops withouh removing them out of the chain of command? The Highest member of a organisation you can move to a specific spot, but not lower members. i guess this is intended as it is, but with some units stranded it's quite ennoying.

What's the best method to move units to a border? (to prepare assault) - I like to put them 1-2 units behind the border, so the AI doesn't get over excited... "preparing stance" seems a good method, no?

thnkx for feedback.

ps, sprites in de DLC, can't I manually activate it?
I read a AA, the Teutonic dream, uses the HPP mod. (new ships icons, and battle for example, quite good IMHO) - is it compatibl with the DLC?

DD. It appears LR sub conning tower tech is not available. (using patch)