• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Anyway if someone do it, I'll add it in a patch. This can't hurt and this is always cool to have more historicity. Details are great but sadly when it comes to make a DLC we don't have much time for details (we have mods for that matter). :)

You've done a great job. The DLC has to be cost/time effective. I also agree with Marcus that in the global game experience. It really doesn't matter much how the models are named.

What's the expected release date of the official DLC patch + the official SS patch? Keep up the good work! :)

Is the official SS patch going to be an extension of something that is currently developed by Thaegen?

PLEASE upload a savegame. I can't do anything without it!

I can't upload a save dame to this thread so over in bug reports I created a new thread called DIG supply bug with save game. You can check it out over in that thread.

I have installed the latest 1.01 beta patch and is currently testing the game balance. I just want to quickly report what I've observed so far. I think in general Devildread has done an excellent job in re-adjusting the Spanish Civil War Front. My first trial had the Nationalist Spain win by 07 Jun 1937. In spite of the quick victory by the Nationalists, the battle was certainly not a streamrolling situation and was one permeated with some setbacks on the Nationalists part. The Republic side actually managed to stage a comeback in Jan and recoup some of the losses incurred. I thought it was a scary moment for there was a chance that Nationalist Spain could have lost at that very junture. But the turning point came when the Nationalists captured the capital on 19 Feb. This, coupled with the Italian Intervention in March, apparently overwhelmed the Republic side.

I will also test the Sino-Japan balance soon. I always side with China by the way.

Hey. I had a weird occurrence in my first Barbarossa. As I built up my forces on the border Russia reinforced appropriately but then completely emptied their border with Axis member Finland. I had ~200k troops in Finland but the Russian AI didn't seem to perceive any threat. I marched into Leningrad from the north almost unopposed.

Also, I dont know if this is possible but I had an idea that would make the DLC a lot more fun: what if the fog of war was lifted on the Spanish Civil War in return for supporting Nationalists and the fog of war lifted in China in return for supporting China. I dont know if this is possible without becoming allies though. It just seems like if Germany is training and supplying Nationalists and China than the German high command would have more intelligence on the conflicts than just what province belongs to who.

Last edited:
Devildread,

I don't know if this is a bug or not.
In the latest beta patch, although the Blomberg-Fritsch Affair properly dismissed the two from the cabinet, it doesn't remove them from the commanders pool.

Patch 101 checksum w/204f

Have not been able to play new patch yet, but I started it up and got a checksum of CIKU with it on 204f. The new sub techs were there for positioning and moral.

Thanks for the fast work getting that out!

My first run:
chinah.jpg

My second run:
annexshanxi.jpg

What's strange about this image is that when Japan annexed Shanxi, Communist China took over the territory. In several of my previous runs (non-patched DiG), it was Nationalist China taking over instead. My question for you is, is the sovereignty determined in a random fashion or deterministic fashion driven by some triggered modifiers?

I'm sure someone has brought it up already, but since you said you'd rather have plenty of the same reports than none at all:

When constructing new ships, they are named in a different way than the units already in the game. Eg, when starting the '36 scenario, I do have a light cruiser KMS Emden. If I order another few light cruisers, they have the same names as the other ships (Königsberg, Emden etc), just without the KMS prefix. In the end, I do have a KMS Emden and a Emden... Thinking about it, I'm pretty sure the Kriegsmarine did not use the prefix KMS (or any other generic prefix for that matter) for her naval assets. If you want to use an abbreviation, it would need to be KM (Kriegsmarine) as opposed to KMS. The latter could possibly mean Kriegsmarine Schiff (Schiff = ship) but it would be an awkward construction for a native speaker. A German would rather say "Schiff der Kriegsmarine" (ship of the Kriegsmarine), similar to the English expression "ship of the line" rather than "Royal Navy Ship" which btw is also abbreviated as RN instead of RNS.

I'm still looking into the different starting scenarios, I think the initial IC needs to be tweaked a little upwards (ie: can you build and research all the stuff you have in '38 when starting in'39) but I'll come back on this later.

Still, a great DLC. Frankly, the first one for any game I bought and which I am perfectly happy about. Thanks for your efforts.

Last edited:
how to reach the patches through steam?

The instructions are on the second post of the thread, please ask if you don't understand something. :)

Hey. I had a weird occurrence in my first Barbarossa. As I built up my forces on the border Russia reinforced appropriately but then completely emptied their border with Axis member Finland. I had ~200k troops in Finland but the Russian AI didn't seem to perceive any threat. I marched into Leningrad from the north almost unopposed.

Also, I dont know if this is possible but I had an idea that would make the DLC a lot more fun: what if the fog of war was lifted on the Spanish Civil War in return for supporting Nationalists and the fog of war lifted in China in return for supporting China. I dont know if this is possible without becoming allies though. It just seems like if Germany is training and supplying Nationalists and China than the German high command would have more intelligence on the conflicts than just what province belongs to who.

1. Can't work on the AI, sadly. I'll try to push up the Finland threat after they join Axis. :)

2. I can't do that without making them allies, but then you would have a casus belli against the opponent and this is not really a viable situation.

Devildread,

I don't know if this is a bug or not.
In the latest beta patch, although the Blomberg-Fritsch Affair properly dismissed the two from the cabinet, it doesn't remove them from the commanders pool.

Historically they weren't, I believe? They continued to work as general for the army until the war and mysterious deaths. I can be wrong tho I didn't check.

My first run:
http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/298/chinah.jpg

My second run:
http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/8113/annexshanxi.jpg

What's strange about this image is that when Japan annexed Shanxi, Communist China took over the territory. In several of my previous runs (non-patched DiG), it was Nationalist China taking over instead. My question for you is, is the sovereignty determined in a random fashion or deterministic fashion driven by some triggered modifiers?

I didn't change anything about that so I guess this is a random factor (like how many units are in the country or which one joined the war the first).

--edit: KMS thing should be fixed in the 1.01 patch. :)

Historically they weren't, I believe? They continued to work as general for the army until the war and mysterious deaths. I can be wrong tho I didn't check.

Yes, Fritsch was retain to service the Army. Blomberg, however, went into an exile during the WW2. But I'm perfectly fine if the two are not dismissed from military service. After all, I need those two field marshals in some of my earlier campaigns.

Small thing I just noticed: Starting in 1936, I am missing two basic Med Bomber 1936 techs (the yellow/gold ones). Was this always the case?

Yes, Fritsch was retain to service the Army. Blomberg, however, went into an exile during the WW2. But I'm perfectly fine if the two are not dismissed from military service. After all, I need those two field marshals in some of my earlier campaigns.

bloomberg went into exile for one year to capri but he remained a fieldmarshal of the german army but he did not get a post during the war.
fritsch was rehabilitated but he did not get back his post. he was named cornel-in-chief of his old regiment. getting no command of its own he went to war with his old regiment (to seek his death?).
so i would say it is okay that both remain in the leader pool because they were still officers. that hitler did not appoint them is another problem.