• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So we shouldnt invite italy to quickly? That ruins eventS?

yes, if you look in the "DIES-IRAE-Diplomaxy_events.txt" file you will see that the rome-berlin axis event, which i believe starts the comintern pact event chain, only fires if italy is not in the axis.
so by inviting italy bevore october 25th the event never fires, country flags are never set and so the events building on this one also never fire.

still strange so that nat china only gets 10 threat from japan while they conquer them.

Maybe a bug...

I had the Rhineland war (QUESTION 1: is it my impression, or now it happens a lot?), since I discovered that no matter how hard you try with a 1936 setup you will NOT breach the Maginot line (and I am playing "very easy"), I decided to try to at least remove some pressure from the front and invaded UK.

OK, only 2 infantry divisions, but UK was caught by total surprise and I got straight to London!

Now, the french front was stuck and in 1937 I folded to League of Nations request.

QUESTION 2: had I won, would I have had to add a wargoal for Alsace-Lorraine? It seems that no peace is possible between aligned countries...

OK, the game went on... and in 1939 (early year, right after annexing Czech and claiming memel) SOV declared war on me. Without common borders!!!! Is this a bug? BTW, all I had to do was station a fleet (and of course mine is superior) in front of Leningrad... so now I'm at war, but protected from war... with the advantages in terms of laws etc. of being at war.
If i'm wise enough, I'll deal with France and UK before even thinking about Poland...

So, is this a bug?

I had the Rheinland war too. It is actually possible to break through the Maginot line because the AI doesn't understand how to use land forts
to defend. You have to gain air superiority and use logistical bombing to put the enemy troups out of supply and ground attack to reduce their org faster.
When the enemy is at zero org you can break through. Now if the AI would rotate its divisions when they get out of org I think it would be impossible.

I am kind of disappointed to hear that invading England was so easy in this scenario.

I had the Rheinland war too. It is actually possible to break through the Maginot line because the AI doesn't understand how to use land forts
to defend. You have to gain air superiority and use logistical bombing to put the enemy troups out of supply and ground attack to reduce their org faster.
When the enemy is at zero org you can break through. Now if the AI would rotate its divisions when they get out of org I think it would be impossible.

I am kind of disappointed to hear that invading England was so easy in this scenario.

Actually, France rotated :( that's why even if I did as well, it was impossible... heck, I fought at abt. 7% efficiency against their 150+...
As for UK, yes, it was easy to land a couple of troops there, but not more than those. Even the first landing cost me quite a lot.

Yes, it was disappointing to seize all East Anglia with only 2 divisions... on this, you're right.

But it's SOV early and useless declaration my main concern...

In my games, China and Japan seems to stalemate around the old Nat Chgina border because of low infra. It is allmost zero both because of low original infra and because of prolonged war there. Maybe an increase could solve this?

I'm having problems running Dies Irae, I bought the Hearts of Iron 3 games via Steam, Vanilla, Semper Fi, For The Motherland and the Dies DLC. I've read that we have to go into our root folder and run the hoi3.exe file, ok I did that, the launcher popped up and I selected the Dies Irae mod and then hit launch. The Game launches and once it starts loading "Initialising Map Logic" then the game gets an error but does not close. I have to minimize the game and I see an error message that says, "File Exception: Exception in: discfile.ccp, line: 433. Description: Could not open file:" and yeah thats that. The regular game with all the expansions runs fine but this mod just isnt working for me. Any help would be appreciated! I'm hoping the money I spent on this DLC doesnt go to waste :(

I just finished downloading the patch, 2.06 FTM beta patch, that is the one I should use right? I followed the install instructions, created a back up of original files and extracted all the files into mod/Dies_irae_Gotterdammerung and replaces all files. Still giving me the same error on "initialising map logic".

And thanks for your very quick and prompt reply :) You surprised me how quick you were with it.

I just finished downloading the patch, 2.06 FTM beta patch, that is the one I should use right? I followed the install instructions, created a back up of original files and extracted all the files into mod/Dies_irae_Gotterdammerung and replaces all files. Still giving me the same error on "initialising map logic".

And thanks for your very quick and prompt reply :) You surprised me how quick you were with it.

i have been having the same problem as well and still have not been able to solve it after over 2 months since i bought dies irae. everything i have been told to do to fix the issue has failed. im thinking it might be my computer because vista has been giving me lots of trouble with just about everything. if you have vista it could be a problem with the OS. anyway that is my thoughts.

i have been having the same problem as well and still have not been able to solve it after over 2 months since i bought dies irae. everything i have been told to do to fix the issue has failed. im thinking it might be my computer because vista has been giving me lots of trouble with just about everything. if you have vista it could be a problem with the OS. anyway that is my thoughts.

Have you tried installing Hoi3 outside the /program files/ folder?

Something like c:\games\Paradox Interactive, rather than c:\program files\paradox...

You might need either to find a work around the virtual store (I can't help you here, it is somewhat confusing) or simply copy the whole HOI3 folder from progam files to anywhere outside of program files and windows folders. On the desk for instance or in c:\HOI3. Once copied apply the patch again and see if it did the trick.

--edit: you can copy from steam too, from \Steam\steamapps\common\hearts of iron 3 and copy the whole HOI3 folder elsewhere.

You might need either to find a work around the virtual store (I can't help you here, it is somewhat confusing) or simply copy the whole HOI3 folder from progam files to anywhere outside of program files and windows folders. On the desk for instance or in c:\HOI3. Once copied apply the patch again and see if it did the trick.

--edit: you can copy from steam too, from \Steam\steamapps\common\hearts of iron 3 and copy the whole HOI3 folder elsewhere.

would transfering it to an external harddrive work? i ask this because i is not part of or have a programs folder the link would look like this F\Paradox Interactive

would transfering it to an external harddrive work? i ask this because i is not part of or have a programs folder the link would look like this F\Paradox Interactive

It could work but maybe the game will be slow, I don't know I never run softwares from external drives.

Where do I download Semper Fi patch 2.04e so that I can install Dies Irae?

Check tech support forum.

I am having problems trying to load DI. I made a fresh install of HoI 3, then SF, then FtM, then 3.05. Made a backup copy of this, installed DI and then 2.06. As I found (as always) the very same problems misterbean stated a very long time ago (and which you quoted in the first post of this thread), I dowloaded and installed DI into the dowload folder and then took the gfx and mod folders out of it and putthem into the main HoI 3 folder, combining the already existing folders with the DI ones. (I bought them through Gamersgate. I am running W 7 and I did not install HiO 3 into the programs folder, but when I try to launch the mod the PC will freeze after a few seconds. Pressing Alt, tab Del I will see something about not finding or not loading several archives.

I can´t figure out what to do now. Any ideas?. Perhaps my problem was combining folders when installing DI instead of copying over the existing ones?

Thank you

Ps. OK FORGET IT. I AM STUPID. I was patching the vanilla folders instead of the "mod" folders. Those of you that have problems, are you sure you are not patching with 2.06 the vanilla folders instead of the folders contained into the "mod" folders (those are the ones that should be patched)

Last edited:
FTM, 3.5, DIE 2.6.
I have an issue with Soviets.
No MR, they Dowed me in 40, i was ready, France fell in 39, and i invaded. Waaay to sucsesfull actually.
Captured Moscow in Jan, than i was sort of surprized of how few units SoV have so i used tag=sov.
The Sov build que was Empty.
the log record:
[luainterface.cpp:110]:
LUA Error: No matching overload found, candidates:
CSubUnitDefinition const* GetSubUnit(char const*) - no script source to reload

[luainterface.cpp:110]:
LUA Error: mod\Dies_irae_Gotterdammerung\script\country\CHI.lua:357: attempt to call method 'GetCountryTag' (a nil value)