• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
when i complete the annex of the Czechoslovakia i get 3 non cores included is this WAD or otherwise. if otherwise say and i will send screenshots of the zones

Fixed already. :) See the changelog a few pages back.

- Fixed Czech provinces Plzen, Pribram, Pisek not having german core after annexation

Okay new changelog, I am testing it and will upload in the next day or so.
I think I have fixed nearly all the issues reported and all the big stuff (bitter peace mostly). I hope this will be the finale patch for DIG, then I can send it to Paradox asking them to notice gamersgate and steam for easy patching. :)

############
### 2.06
############

REMEMBER TO PUT TROOPS ON THE SOVIET BORDER, IF YOU LEAVE IT EMPTY THE SOVIET AI MIGHT WANT TO ATTACK YOU NO MATTER THE DATE OR GLOBAL SITUATION
The game is a wargame, Soviet has goals to fulfill and it includes the death of Axis

BUGFIXES
- Fixed several typos
- Fixed Pocket BB hull value to 1.1 (was 2.0)
- Fixed China commerce event poping up even if Japan sign the anti comintern pact
- Fixed Romania joining axis after Bulgaria take some lands
- Fixed Czech provinces Plzen, Pribram, Pisek not having german core after annexation
- Fixed/changed SOV backstabbing Germany when London occupied
++ New logic: SOV will attack Germany if London is occupied before 1940 (was 1943)
- Fixed Todt death event
- Puppet SOV shouldn't make peace with Allies anymore
- SOV should release FIN, ROM, BUL, HUN if annexed before bitter peace
- Barbarossa decision will now enforce the proper Wargoal against SOV
- Bitter Peace should hand over all the right provinces to GER
- Fixed occupation of greenland and island triggers
- Fixed Poland occupation and getting back the core
- Fixed Wilno region not being given to SOV
- Japan won't attack USA if China is in the axis

CHANGES
- FRA will build less ships
- FRA will build more garrisons
- POL will handover the german cores if MR pact is signed (no matter if it is honored or not)
- Deleted desperate defence strategic modifier
- Added some Marine brigades and transports to JAP in 1936
- Added total_sunk_by_us = 5 and 10 to the early atlantic war events (that way if you don't sink anything you won't be bothered with out of context events)
- Popularity of NSDAP is now 75 in the '36 scenario
- Deleted CHI navy in the '36 scenario
- Decoy techs now reduce submarines visibility by -0.50, happy days are back
- Added tooltips for Russian Railways and Winter Clothes techs
- Submarines have more sea defence
- Reduced SOV strategic effect strength a little
- NAP are unbreakable for the first 18 months
- Added wargoal Alsace-Lorraine for Germany against France in the Rhineland war
- light_jager_brigade have now 20% amphibious bonus with the sealion tech
- UK should lose more national unity with the convoy being sunk (be sure they don't sink your submarines because they gain NU by doing that)
- SWE should be able to join axis if influenced enough

There will be a beta patch tomorrow. And after some days/weeks once I am sure the beta patch is okay I'll send it to the big guys.

About the Soviet Union:

In what situation does the SU backstab Germany - what are the triggers? In my current game (2.05b) the Soviet Union attacked on Jan2, 1941, while I was mopping up the last provinces in Scotland. No problem so far - but the Soviet Union DoWed me even though I had stacked more than 100 divisions along the border. I was short on motorized troops (most were still redeploying) and mountaineers (still in Scotland), but it was a nightmare for the Soviets, as the Soviet troops were in low infra provinces, in bad weather, technologically behind and with much lower org facing scores of my 2 INF 2 ART - divisions.
No need to say they never conquered a single German province, and even though I couldn't properly pocket the Soviet armies (not enough fast moving troops) I still achieved bitter peace before the year was over (early november).

Even worse: the Soviet DoW brought the entire axis to war against them - including Japan, which easily overran the few Soviet troops in the south east.

The only advantage the Soviet AI got from this move was that I couldn't use the 'surprise attack' decision.

SOV is told to attack Germany if it controls London. It appears in FTM, I deleted that for the next patch.

Russian Railways delete the strategic effect with the same name (big supply penalties).

one more thing dd, is this mod meant to be played from 36 or are later starts ok? the only event i can think that happens is the four year plan, do the effects of this still happen if i start in say 38 or are there aother things il be missing out on?

also, in in 1942 now and ive been maxed out with resources for a long time now which for germany doesnt feel right. this is mainly why i prefer starting in 1938 as starting in 36 allows to much a build up of resources.

Finland attacking SU when they attack Germany

Hello, and many thanks for this wonderful mod! First time the game feels somewhat balanced, and all the additional stuff (events etc) is really great. :cool:

SOV is told to attack Germany if it controls London. It appears in FTM, I deleted that for the next patch.

However, something to point out. This happened to me also, I find it quite realistic if Germany has not too many divisions against the soviet border. I was fighting the british in may 41, and then SU attacked. I guess I'm able to hold them back until my panzer army comes from Britain.

The problem, though: when SU declared war, Finland immediately joined the axis and attacked SU. Now, Finland seems to have just ~5 inf divs left from Winter War, which ended only in apr-may 40 with soviets in Mikkeli and Porvoo (border after peace was of course the usual). So it is rather unrealistic for them to attack SU now and join the axis, who are defending rather than pushing through soviet lines towards Moscow. And, the most curious thing: the main soviet army is standing against the finnish border! They have piles of tank and heavy tank brigades and lots of infantry, whereas against me they have mostly infantry and not many divisions enough to make me nervous. I guess my biggest problem will be defending Narvik.

So basically, the finns are attacking against a huge soviet army with few infantry divisions, without any hope for Germany offering them substantial help soon :blink: I'm from Finland myself, and yes, we are crazy people, but not this crazy :D

Please note that I don't know exactly which features are left from the vanilla FtM and which are created by the modmakers. Also I don't know how much can be done for the AI, which, despite being much better as in many other games, is doomed to be far from a human opponent. Anyways, I just wanted to bring forth this observation. I also haven't read all these 100+ pages in this thread, so my apologies if this has already been discussed.

However, something to point out. This happened to me also, I find it quite realistic if Germany has not too many divisions against the soviet border. I was fighting the british in may 41, and then SU attacked. I guess I'm able to hold them back until my panzer army comes from Britain.

The problem, though: when SU declared war, Finland immediately joined the axis and attacked SU. Now, Finland seems to have just ~5 inf divs left from Winter War, which ended only in apr-may 40 with soviets in Mikkeli and Porvoo (border after peace was of course the usual). So it is rather unrealistic for them to attack SU now and join the axis, who are defending rather than pushing through soviet lines towards Moscow. And, the most curious thing: the main soviet army is standing against the finnish border! They have piles of tank and heavy tank brigades and lots of infantry, whereas against me they have mostly infantry and not many divisions enough to make me nervous. I guess my biggest problem will be defending Narvik.

So basically, the finns are attacking against a huge soviet army with few infantry divisions, without any hope for Germany offering them substantial help soon :blink: I'm from Finland myself, and yes, we are crazy people, but not this crazy :D

Please note that I don't know exactly which features are left from the vanilla FtM and which are created by the modmakers. Also I don't know how much can be done for the AI, which, despite being much better as in many other games, is doomed to be far from a human opponent. Anyways, I just wanted to bring forth this observation. I also haven't read all these 100+ pages in this thread, so my apologies if this has already been discussed.

Could you upload a savegame few days before this to happen?

Finland is told to enforce a decision that will ask Germany if they want them in the axis (and then the player can choose to call to arms or not). There is nothing about declaring war by themselves.

one more thing dd, is this mod meant to be played from 36 or are later starts ok? the only event i can think that happens is the four year plan, do the effects of this still happen if i start in say 38 or are there aother things il be missing out on?

also, in in 1942 now and ive been maxed out with resources for a long time now which for germany doesnt feel right. this is mainly why i prefer starting in 1938 as starting in 36 allows to much a build up of resources.

The DLC is meant to be played from '36 but it is compatible with the other scen. Basically you will miss some little stuff such as the four years plan and some units but it should work anyway.

Could you upload a savegame few days before this to happen?

Finland is told to enforce a decision that will ask Germany if they want them in the axis (and then the player can choose to call to arms or not). There is nothing about declaring war by themselves.

Link to the savegame just few hours before SU declares war: http://www.2shared.com/file/kkc-_CPp/Deutschland1941_05_26_20.html (it said I may not post attachments, so the file is in 2shared)
It then takes some hours (maybe to the next day) until it tells that in Finland has happened "Continuation War". I don't know the exact text in english, as I play with german language. But it tells that losing the winter war was bitter indeed, and now they have a chance to strike back, when Germany attacks SU. Then, Finland is in the axis and at war against SU.

Btw, in order to be able to play with german language, I have been writing german texts for events etc in the localisation files. They aren't ready, as I have been writing them item by item when the events etc have occurred in the game. Also, as I'm not german, my german translations aren't perfect. But I'm sure they are better than nothing, so, if you want, I can make them available sometime in the future when they become ready.

As I haven't translated anything related to continuation war, this must be some vanilla event/decision, mustn't it, as this continuation war -decision text was in german?

After I defeated SOV and took England (and other victory points like suez) I received a victory axis popup. Yet when I clicked continue game it just goes forward 1 second and stops. So I can not continue game after axis victory goals are met. Is this WAD or can we continue playing DIG after axis victory?

How to extract a patch

1. STEP ONE. You need an extractor, for instance, 7zip (click on the download link and install it).
  2. STEP TWO. Download the patch (see post #2, be sure you have the patch related to your version of the game)
  3. STEP THREE. Once the patch is downloaded, click on it and open it with 7zip (or any extractor).
  4. STEP FOUR. See the image below:
    clickonextract.jpg
  5. STEP FIVE. The extractor will ask you if you want to replace files. Click on "Yes for all".
  6. STEP SIX. The patch is installed. You can play it as usual via the HOI3 launcher.

hey devildread i have been doing exactly that i had someone send me the 2.04 to download then i followed your exact instructions here with 7zip and then downloaded 2.05 and did the same thing. however the game still does not work. it loads to the main menu (main menu is "missing" it is just a blank black screen with mod name in the bottom left corner, there are no buttons and no way to get rid of the screen except to end task with windows task manager "dead end screen"). I have tried everything suggested to me on this forum regarding this and it still does not work. I am getting really frustrated at what could be causing this. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

After I defeated SOV and took England (and other victory points like suez) I received a victory axis popup. Yet when I clicked continue game it just goes forward 1 second and stops. So I can not continue game after axis victory goals are met. Is this WAD or can we continue playing DIG after axis victory?

I don't think this is DIG related, but please upload a savegame and I'll check. Maybe something is wrong with an event or something.

hey devildread i have been doing exactly that i had someone send me the 2.04 to download then i followed your exact instructions here with 7zip and then downloaded 2.05 and did the same thing. however the game still does not work. it loads to the main menu (main menu is "missing" it is just a blank black screen with mod name in the bottom left corner, there are no buttons and no way to get rid of the screen except to end task with windows task manager "dead end screen"). I have tried everything suggested to me on this forum regarding this and it still does not work. I am getting really frustrated at what could be causing this. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bland menu and stuff might be because your installation is corrupted. Try reinstalling the DLC and then patch it. Don't delete anything manually in the process.