• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Chaim Kaufmann

Lt. General
15 Badges
May 21, 2001
Visit site
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Iron Cross
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
BRZ, 1868. 30k industrial workers, growing a few hundred per year. Chile has 5x. Did all the right budget/tax/tech policies/ Starting to wonder if my problem was taking the techs that increase farm and mining production. My farmers are getting practically all their needs (so are craftsmen and clerks, but I wonder .....).

I'd guess your literacy is too low. All your coffee and tropical wood sells good and your population is not literated enough to promote into the factorys. Set yout military spending abit lower and get everything you can for edjucation effectivness.

I'd guess your literacy is too low. All your coffee and tropical wood sells good and your population is not literated enough to promote into the factorys. Set yout military spending abit lower and get everything you can for edjucation effectivness.

That ain't it. I have maxed education techs and (mostly) educ funding. Plus Chile and Ecuador, which have industrialized much faster, do not have higher literacy.

That ain't it. I have maxed education techs and (mostly) educ funding. Plus Chile and Ecuador, which have industrialized much faster, do not have higher literacy.
Demotion due to poverty is a powerful force for industrialization, which is not impaired by poor literacy.

Make sure you have good admin efficiency. It increases promotion/demotion rate.