• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Naughtius Maximus

Field Marshal
52 Badges
Apr 12, 2016
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
I'm trying to save old dynasties, with two of them being af munso (ragnarr bloodline) and mirhanian.

I allowed the AI to experience supernatural events, and the end result is the father is a devil worshipper hell bent on extinguishing his own dynasty/bloodline.

I got lucky with af Munso as he died while his kids were still inside their mothers.

The Mirhanian guy from Georgia however has gone through 6 kids now, has no heir, and doesn't seem inclined to stop at all.

I'm trying to think up of a way to save his next child before he dies and singlehandedly extinguishes his own dynasty.

I also lost about three kids myself from the "vanished without a trace," leading me to believe I'm either the target of Devil worshippers, or my wife (a ruler) is one herself. Anyone know if vassals can kill children of their liege like that outside of plots?

It's restricted to same-dynasty children. Is your wife of your dynasty?
There are no restrictions to ensure AI don't end their own dynasty.

Start in 867 around Russia and observe Dyre the Stranger, 9/10 times he starts as High Priest of the Norse devil cult and brings all his kids to the forest from day 1

Start in 867 around Russia and observe Dyre the Stranger, 9/10 times he starts as High Priest of the Norse devil cult and brings all his kids to the forest from day 1
Yeah, AI Dyre is usually a terribly self-destructive guy.

Design wise this is caused by every pagan religion having its very own devil worshipper cult. Combined with there being less pagan characters than abrahamic ones regardless the start date, and them also being used to fill in warrior cults since HF, literally every pre-existent ruler with a sin or cynical will be drafted for the devil worshipper society, if they're not placed in the warrior lodge prior to that at game start.

Dyre, having cynical and greedy by default, is a prime candidate for this, and his high stats ironically ensure he will certainly kill off his dynasty as he starts as leader when AI, giving him the option to absorb kid's health from day 1. He typically does so asap, ensuring he gets all the negative modifiers fast and never actually can profit from all the health, lol.

Harald Hardrade does better. He's also in the devil worshipper society 9/10 times due to being cruel, but typically ends up sacrificing William the Conqueror instead of his kids as they're of age at the start date.

Reactions:
I'm trying to save old dynasties, with two of them being af munso (ragnarr bloodline) and mirhanian.

I allowed the AI to experience supernatural events, and the end result is the father is a devil worshipper hell bent on extinguishing his own dynasty/bloodline.

I got lucky with af Munso as he died while his kids were still inside their mothers.

The Mirhanian guy from Georgia however has gone through 6 kids now, has no heir, and doesn't seem inclined to stop at all.

I'm trying to think up of a way to save his next child before he dies and singlehandedly extinguishes his own dynasty.

I also lost about three kids myself from the "vanished without a trace," leading me to believe I'm either the target of Devil worshippers, or my wife (a ruler) is one herself. Anyone know if vassals can kill children of their liege like that outside of plots?

You could try plotting to kill him and hope your plot succeeds between the time he fathers his next son and the time he kills the kid,, but that's extremely unlikely to work out.

Probably your best bet would be to simply start over and turn off the Monks & Mystics DLC this time around.

You could try plotting to kill him and hope your plot succeeds between the time he fathers his next son and the time he kills the kid,, but that's extremely unlikely to work out.

Probably your best bet would be to simply start over and turn off the Monks & Mystics DLC this time around.
I was thinking of buying Monks and Mystics. Reading this, I've changed my mind...

I was thinking of buying Monks and Mystics. Reading this, I've changed my mind...

Many players end up using the game rule to only disable devil worshipers eventually. You could also make a mod that changes the mechanics to avoid undesirable outcomes.