• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
let me get this straight.
1) you bomb the shit out of england, they have no IC, infra etc left in the mainland.
2) you invade them and take londen.
3) they surrender (since they have no national unity left) and you get all there colonies? unlike in HOI2 where you needed to grab all the VP to do so.

edit: i was kinda expecting a April joke :p

I'm really going to miss the ability to only take a couple of provinces from a nation. I find it worrying that only events can cause peace, outside of total surrender. Though, come to think of it, I really can't remember any peaces that really happened in this era that were only partial.

let me get this straight.
1) you bomb the shit out of england, they have no IC, infra etc left in the mainland.
2) you invade them and take londen.
3) they surrender (since they have no national unity left) and you get all there colonies? unlike in HOI2 where you needed to grab all the VP to do so.

edit: i was kinda expecting a April joke :p

From the dev diary

remainder fights on with the government in exile.

I somehow doubt you are going to get all the colonies.

This all looks pretty cool. I actually don't have any questions this time. :p

he said he guessed that if you do that, all the colonies would still be in GB hands, and you'd control them via the Gouverment in Exile.. I think :p
Still, I don't know if GB will surrender that easily... since they still have Egypt and possibly India :p

edit: yeah, he beat me

So how does the AI make decisions? Do they automatically meet the requirements to make the decision? As in what are the chances they don't do Anschluss or do it later?

I guess that’s to early for that question, but I’d love to know, how does "collaboration government"/ "total exploitation" feature work. Is it possible to choose what happens to conquered country via decision or somehow?

but a country can only surrender once,

No, a country can only surrender once. The British government in Exile is based in the capital of the leader of the allies.

would the leader of the allies get control of the Colonies in that case? (that you first bomb england and drop there national unity to virtually 0)

Looks like some major improvements over HoI2.
Though I'm curious: are the scale of the leader effects changeable? For example, could different "Silent Workhorse" HoGs have difference +'s to IC? Sorta like generals have different skill levels?

Can you describe the difference between a collaboration government and total explotation? Does that choice need to be made during surrender, or can a country change the status at a later point?

Probably something like puppet vs total ocupation.

but a country can only surrender once,

would the leader of the allies get control of the Colonies in that case? (that you first bomb england and drop there national unity to virtually 0)

No they still remain the property of the government in exile.

reduces the amount of manpower units lose each day as men finish their service.

Oh, wow! Didn't expect that to be modelled. :cool:

Its seems that all of your interfaces are shaping up to be equally important to the production and technology ones in HoI2. Great work!

Im still missing one little detail though. That little "Battle in progress" thiny that lights up when you have combat in progress needs to be seen from everywhere, Or I will only be able to study all these wonderful interfaces in peace when paused. Thats not good for multiplayer.

All your tabs seem to have enough space for it.

Pretty please :)

A good DD yet again, but unfortunately it contains the first bit of info about the new game I don't like. The decision not to include peace negotiations. During WWII there were several attempts at a negotiated peace (e.g. Soviet Union proposed peace twice in the first year), which were dismissed by the other party. However, if we are that other party, we should have the option to make that decision. Why limit our freedom by constraining us to the events exactly as they unfolded in history?
Also, there is the issue of "what if" scenarios, in other parts of the world. In a war between Brazil and Argentina, why would a peace agreement be impossible?

Probably something like puppet vs total ocupation.

These are occupation policies, the lighter your occupation policy the more manpower you draw, but you get less resources, IC and partisans you get. You can change them at any time but the partisans take a while to adjust to the new occupation policy. So this means that resistance takes time to organise itself and just because you stop exploiting the people won't mean all the partisans suddenly decide to go home and be good people.

I think:D