• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Johan said:
We're still discussing if bagpipes or "nyckelharpa" would be best for the eu3 version of Falalala :)

Why not both? :p

Though "Nyckelharpa" really gives that period schvung.

MrT said:
It also didn't help that CK took a dynastic view as opposed to a nationalist view (and had a very weak AI that had trouble understanding this).
This is quite true. It mattered little or not at all whether the ruling hourse you found your wife in was in Sweden or Spain.
As Johan has already said, EU3 has lots in it to make national and cultural differences count for something.

MrT said:
You can already do that with a Paradox game and mod.

But, will we be able to with EU III? Even if it doesn't come out of the box, so long as one can mod something like AGC/EEP I'll be happy.

Alexandre

P.S., to be fair to the Paradox guys, you really have a good history of delivery. In fact, you have such a good history of delivery that you are the only software company whose games I would buy untried, based only upon what you publish in the forums.

I hope we get things such as flags. That could be used to drive a set of events a way or another, without requiring a direct string of events to fire successively on the same day (as in CK).

That also could be used to fire "historical" events if somebody wanted to.

Kriegsspieler said:
The promo information about eu3 has always said that it will be super-moddable.
It's no lie.

I know. But you can't mod a coffe machine with it. If you know what I mean hehehe. If you can't because of game design, then even if you have the tag "sper-moddable" means nothing in respect of this matter.

Tamerlan said:
I hope we get things such as flags. That could be used to drive a set of events a way or another, without requiring a direct string of events to fire successively on the same day (as in CK).

That also could be used to fire "historical" events if somebody wanted to.

yes.. flags for both country and provinces :)

and you already have the "TAG = FRA" etc option..

balinus said:
I know. But you can't mod a coffe machine with it. If you know what I mean hehehe. If you can't because of game design, then even if you have the tag "sper-moddable" means nothing in respect of this matter.
You're right, of course, but IMHO the history of P'dox's games shows that event triggers and conditions tend to accumulate over the generations, and mostly don't disappear. That's why you need bigger computers -- to load all of those damned text files! :D

Johan said:
yes.. flags for both country and provinces :)

and you already have the "TAG = FRA" etc option..
I guess Tamerlan was thinking about the flags related to the "setflag" and "clearflag" commands from EU2.

Will these flags be in EU3 ? :)

Shame you for posting such an uninformative map screenshot. It shows no part of the world we haven't seen yet to add to my province-changes-tracking :D

As for the whole dynastic system, not sure how I feel on it. Certainly some randomness is good, but the absence of so many of history's critical figures would probably take something away from the game.

Perhaps for the more famous monarchs (Louis XIV, Elizabeth, etc) one could have an event-based system?

Something such as (for England), IF your previous monarch dies between 1558 and 1603 (possibly other conditions as well), there is a 50% (or however) chance that an event will fire off setting Elizabeth I as your queen.

If that event doesn't fire, perhaps you could instead have another that makes Elizabeth Tudor (idem for Louis Bourbon (XIV), Gustavus Adolphus) available as an advisor (or for some of the other major monarchs, a military leader)

Imrryran said:
I guess Tamerlan was thinking about the flags related to the "setflag" and "clearflag" commands from EU2.

yes.. you got those in this event engine as well.. and can set them at country or province level.

Awww... :(

Really bad about the monarch-eventsystem. :( As soon as something is determed by randomness, it gets totally crapped... And no events?! That's probably the worst part.

Although a perfect monarchsystem would be very complex...

Johan said:
yes.. you got those in this event engine as well.. and can set them at country or province level.

Oh...

Sorry Johan, I misunderstood your previous post. :eek:o

Now it's perfectly clear to me. :)

SunZyl said:
Really bad about the monarch-eventsystem. :( As soon as something is determed by randomness, it gets totally crapped... And no events?! That's probably the worst part.
Who said anything about no events?

SunZyl said:
Awww... :(

Although a perfect monarchsystem would be very complex...
No events? :wacko:

Er...far from it.