• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I quite like the system in EUIII, where a counter-like object is replaced by a sprite when you zoom close enough, but for a 20th Century game I prefer counters. But a choice is good. :)

ooook... It just seems like they take a lot of time to design and give rise to a lot of unnecessary b*tching in the end anyway ("My Bf109E looks like a Bf109B", "My Yorktown class CV looks like a Wasp class CV", etc.). ;)

I can not imagine someone told such nonsense. It would be new for me, as Paradox did not create such good looking sprites, which can be misunderstood regarding "Bf109E" or "Bf109B".

I believe such modders are same way motivated to improve something like you with the things you offer in your signature.
:rofl:

This map is not about modelling various administrative regions inside countries but a place for fighting wars.

Despite the danger of lèse-majesty: Administrative regions inside countries are a place for fighting wars as well. I really wished the HOI mapdesign would have finally been more orientated along historical regions and boundaries, and hope that f.e. Memel is not one large block again.

Any statistic how many provs in each nation yet :) ?
Comparing amount of provs in Germany, France, UK, Spain, Italy etc