• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It's not that we can't switch sprite. However it is not a simple matter to slot in the HoI3 sprites.

So does this mean there *are* going to be different sprites for different eras? Or are you simply saying modders can include them if they want?

I had just gotten used to the idea that there weren't going to be different sprites to different eras.:wacko:

So does this mean there *are* going to be different sprites for different eras? Or are you simply saying modders can include them if they want?

I had just gotten used to the idea that there weren't going to be different sprites to different eras.:wacko:

There is support for it, but not decision of ours has been taken.

The sprites do look good, and I don't really care whether they are individual soldiers or groups, but I do think they should change in appearance somewhere around 1900. Obviously this would be tied to tech progress.

There is support for it, but not decision of ours has been taken.
At most, would be needed for change from XIX Cent uniforms to XX Cent ones, but that time most uniforms would look the same...

Lippe Detmold

Lippe-Detmold is not going to have a custom sprite. For all you Lippe-Detmold fans out there I know you are going to be upset but hopefully there will still be something in the game for you. So short answer big countries get custom sprites then there will generic ones for various regions.

Just found this developers thread, so forgive me the extremely late post to this :rolleyes:

And what's wrong with my ancestral home (yes, that is my real family name in the sig) getting our own fancy uniforms? :rofl: