• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
New release 26.11.2009 is up.

Final changelog for DVIP release 26.11.2009:

Database / Events:
*) Restored broken & disabled Paradox event for bastard's brother's reaction to legitimization
*) Added event to recreate Papacy as long as one catholic bishopric exists
*) Added AI helper event file to stimulate historical conquests (work in progress, currently done: Turks -> Anatolia and Russkis -> Russian east & north)
*) Corrected MTTH of new friends events (was way too high due to copy-paste error)
*) Removed broken new friends events
*) Nubians now using the none culture tag (thanks Llywelyn for the name list)
*) Addon: Nubia is now recreatable (five provinces)
*) Event edits: all children in knight orders or bishoprics (including fosterlings) now exclusively get ecclesiastical education
*) New event: AI vassal at war, but with a liege at peace, gets an automatic white peace
*) Tweaked Anatolian melting pot to also work the other way around (in case of a Byzantine counter-conquest)
*) Edited province incomes, and province improvements minimum income values (it should now be possible to build grand shipyards, cathedrals, etc. in areas they historically were built).
*) New events: vassals may adopt their liege's ruling laws (including cognatic primogenture in Addon)

1066:
*) Added missing marriage for count of Lecce's parents
*) Added remaining De Hautevilles, including Beatrix and her children (the de Mortain's, in Taranto)
*) Corrected order of Tancred de Hauteville's children's birth
*) Moved a few minor de Hautevilles who served as mercenaries to the proper courts
*) Corrected claim of Abelard on Apulia (accidentally set for Benevento in previous update)
*) Removed starting war between BYZA and SELJ: now started by event within a few days of scenario start (most of the time; MTTH is 13 days at start). This means that Armenia is no longer always the first to fall to the Turkish hordes, another Anatolian vassal might be targeted first.
*) Nubians now are Nubian culture, as are their provinces
*) Added alliance between Nubia and muslim Egypt (Bakt)
*) Added some additional character nicknames
*) Removed Duchy of Normandy, now still held by Willy the Conker himself (historically until 1087)
*) Many smaller tweaks to characters
*) Addon: set some more countries to cognatic primogenture at start

1187:
*) Nubians now are Nubian culture, as are their provinces

1204 (Addon only):
*) Nubian provinces now Nubian
*) Added Kingdom of Nubia

1337:
*) Nubian provinces now Nubian (except for coastal conquest - Nubia only conquered a few years before)

You can just replace as long as you're updating from the release from earlier this month.
If your DVIP is older, you need to delete the old event files.

Savegames can be continued without problems, but you won't get any of the scenario changes then of course :)

Ohh. Many new things. :D

Thank you for update! :cool:

If these AI conquest events work fine and you are going to ad more of them, what kind of event were you planning? (I would like to see Sweden to conquer Finland sometimes)

The plan is to add events to guide the AI in the right direction, so if I see Sweden never going for Finland, it's a good option. I added Turks -> Asia Minor precisely because all too often I see the Turk never doing anything beyond the first war, or focussing on Russia/Georgia instead of on Byzantium.
That is okay now and then, but it should not be the norm. Out of ten games, I want to see the Turk going for Byzantium seven times on average.

character = {
id = { type = 10 id = 41223 }
name = "Isabel"
gender = female
dynasty = { type = 12 id = 4003 }
father = { type = 10 id = 41220 }
mother = { type = 10 id = 41221 }
country = C099
religion = catholic
culture = Frankish
birthdate = { year = 1058 month = january day = 1 }
dna = "04560040590012"
attributes = {
martial = 6
diplomacy = 5
intrigue = 7
stewardship = 6
health = 5
fertility = 5
}
traits = {
court_education = yes
}
}
character = {
id = { type = 10 id = 41224 }
name = "Isabel"
gender = female
dynasty = { type = 12 id = 4003 }
father = { type = 10 id = 41220 }
mother = { type = 10 id = 41221 }
country = C099
religion = catholic
culture = Frankish
birthdate = { year = 1058 month = january day = 1 }
dna = "04560040590012"
attributes = {
martial = 6
diplomacy = 5
intrigue = 7
stewardship = 6
health = 5
fertility = 5
}
traits = {
court_education = yes
}
}

Are they twins? 41224 didn't existed in previous version...

Are they twins?

>> twins could be interesting some way

>> I don't know how the game will react in case of perfect twins heirs (same date of birth, stats traits etc...)

>> any historical case ?

Possibly King Louis XIV / The Man in the Iron Mask :D

Twins were quite rare in the middle ages, especially among the nobility, since they had no clue how pregnancies really worked. The idea was childbirth was completely the man's work (he planted a seed in a woman, who thus had no further role in it at all), so any woman bearing twins had to have had sex with two different men...
Laugh about it now, but it was pretty wide spread in Europe. Twins often were ostracized, and women who had twins were seen as having been unfaithful.

Anyway the character AF pointed out should only have been in once. I use a diff tool to work on DVIP, and this time around I merged in a little too much from an older version (I was restoring some nicknames I had previously deleted). Not sure where this error began, it may even have been vanilla.

CK and DVIP contains twins (at least one couple)

Harold and Ulf Godwinson, the sons of Harold Godwinson, who died at Hastings.

Code:
character = {
	id = { type = 10 id = 41002 }
	name = "Harold"
	gender = male
	dynasty = { type = 12 id = 755 }
	father = { type = 10 id = 122 }
	mother = { type = 10 id = 123 }
	country = LEIN
	religion = catholic
	culture = Saxon
	birthdate = { year = 1066 month = december day = 1 }
	dna = "54397747751495"
	attributes = {
		martial = 6
		diplomacy = 5
		intrigue = 5
		stewardship = 7
		health = 8
		fertility = 7
	}
}
character = {
	id = { type = 10 id = 41003 }
	name = "Ulf"
	gender = male
	dynasty = { type = 12 id = 755 }
	father = { type = 10 id = 122 }
	mother = { type = 10 id = 123 }
	country = LEIN
	religion = catholic
	culture = Saxon
	birthdate = { year = 1066 month = december day = 1 }
	dna = "54397648751495"
	attributes = {
		martial = 4
		diplomacy = 5
		intrigue = 4
		stewardship = 8
		health = 7
		fertility = 5
	}
}

Copy-paste error. Thanks for pointing it out.
#41224 can be removed.

Thank you for check. and regarding duplicated characters, as far as i find 41223 and 41224 were only 'twin' case included in update so you don't have to surf in 80,000 waves of text to find out more this kind of errors. (as i did :() Oh and thanks for update.

CK and DVIP contains twins (at least one couple)

Harold and Ulf Godwinson, the sons of Harold Godwinson, who died at Hastings.

Thank you for extra information :cool:

Last edited:
I have a question... When i follow the install routine - CK -> DV -> DV beta patch -> DVIP -> DVIP addon -> any other mod (in this case BOPACK's mod, gfx and events), I get a lot of events where it says in the title "Unknown string wanted"... when i hover with mouse over responses, i get the usual "consequences" (results) tooltip. Why is that? install problem or incompatibility of the mods (maybe taking same event numbers or something?)?

Thanx

You're probably overwriting the modtext.csv file.
You can only have one modtext.csv file at the same time, and all mods are forced to use it (or to modify base game files), so you must manually merge any config files from the mods you use.

As for BoPack, it's now included in the addon, so you needn't install it separately. You only need the graphics packs for it (if you want the events to display with nice images).

You're probably overwriting the modtext.csv file.
You can only have one modtext.csv file at the same time, and all mods are forced to use it (or to modify base game files), so you must manually merge any config files from the mods you use.

As for BoPack, it's now included in the addon, so you needn't install it separately. You only need the graphics packs for it (if you want the events to display with nice images).

I miss the Wales map :eek:

One of the Iberian Emirs is serbian?

character = {
id = { type = 10 id = 85008 }
name = "Muyahid ibn Yusuf ibn Ali"
gender = male
dynasty = { type = 12 id = 569 }
country = BALE
religion = moslem
culture = easternslavic

His daughter too

Next version is uploading -- quick release I know, but I wanted to get this one out before the holidays :D
Many thanks again to aylo1 for Byzantine corrections.

----
Changelog for DVIP release 05.12.2009:

Database / Events:
*) Modified some event text
*) Added event text for vassals adopting their liege's law (inadvertently left out in main release last time)
*) Added a few trade routes

1066:
*) Major revisions to Byzantium/Georgian/Armenian setup, thanks aylo1:
**** Byzantium changes start ****
European Byzantium:
*) Botaneiates family (names, traits, birthdates corrected; now Prince of Turnovo)
*) Apokapes family (names, traits, birthdates corrected; now Prince of Karnuva)
*) Trajan Kometopoulos is dead (1065)
*) Future emperor Mikhael VII given nickname 'Parapinakes', traits corrected, given vassals to make him more likely to be elected
*) Georgios Monomachatos (future Prince of Dyrrachium) added -- this was supposed to be the count of Corfu in this update
*) Synadenos family (names, traits, birthdates corrected; now part of Vidin/Serbia)
*) Georgi Voiteh (major Bulgarian noble) added
*) Palaiologos family (names, traits, birthdates corrected)
*) Basileios Kourtikes added / changed
*) Major Byzantine historians & statemen added (Ioannes 'Skylitzes' Thrakesios, Mikhael Attaliates, Theophylact Hephaistos)
*) Multiple friendships between Byzantine nobles added

Asia Minor:
*) Ioannes Bourtzes renamed to Theognostos
*) Konstantinos X Doukas' son renamed 'Konstantios'
*) Mikhael Psellos's name fixed, given 'proud' & 'sceptical' traits. Also gold, prestige & piety.
*) Caesar Ioannes Doukas given 'energetic', 'indulgent' & 'intricate webweaver' traits.
*) Andronikos Doukas (son of Caesar Ioannes) relocated to Nikomedia together with family, trait/stat changes
*) Zoe of Nikomedia (wife of Caesar Ioannes Doukas's younger son Konstantinos) now plain Zoe (until we discover her lastname).
*) Created Anna Doukaina - future wife of Georgios Palaiologos & big sister of Alexios I Komnenos's wife Eirene.
*) Bryennios family changes
*) Changes to Alexios I Komnenos and Tatikios (age, traits, location)

Asia/Near East:
*) Corrections to children of Aluzian Kometopoulos (dynasty, location)
*) Changed Count of Taron to Grigol Bakurianis, made part of Mesopotamia
*) House of Lampron given dynastic name 'Pahlavuni', vassalage changed
*) Made Philaretos Brakhamios Prince of Mesopotamia
**** Byzantium changes end ****
*) Corrections to Carolingian family tree (removed a crasher)
*) Added yet more nicknames
*) Duplicate character removed
*) Spelling corrections in character names throughout
*) Removed a lot of garbage from the file (could load faster, maybe)
*) Removed accidentally remaing entry for Normandy in country file (non-addon only), possible crasher
*) Removed score for Welsh characters without land (DVIP: Wales remnant)
*) Removed double rivalry for DEHE
*) Removed some dead characters without family ties
*) Vyatichs now a republic (elective tribe)

1187:
*) Removed score for Welsh characters without land (DVIP: Wales remnant)
*) Restored Deheurbarth as a playable nation (accidentally left out)

1204 (Addon only):

1337:

Last edited: