• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
As and when. Nice pictures.

Jolly nice to see a Norwegian Vicky AAR :)
You have had a hard start, but you got some revenge by kicking Sweden’s ass, maybe next time you shall conquer all of Sweden also I think Denmark is in the need of some better Norwegian leadership soon.
I am looking forward to see what your next action will be.

Ye gods, Russia DOWing Norway? I do think the Prussians and Brits would have had something to say about that in RL, after all one reason they gave Norway to Sweden was to have a reasonably viable buffer against the Czar dominating the Baltic. I think I might have Neville'd my way into an alliance with Britain, under the cirumstances. Anyway, glad to see you crushing sweet brother, do annex them when you get the opportunity!

ooh, a hard road ahead, I'm sure! But nonetheless a great start!

Instalment three 1843 - 1849

When bankruptcy was imminent, I constructed a fabric factory in Bergenshus and expanded the lumber factory in Akershus to level two, as I had some machine parts and didn’t want to lose them without it doing any good. I would also get a free factory after the bankruptcy. Then to my surprise I noticed that I hadn’t lost any of them. Oh the joy! Not that I can use them for anything right now. 5000£ to promote clerks and 2500£ to promote craftsmen. I have 4-6£/day and a debt of 6000£.

Over the course of 1844 the economy gradually improved, as the interest steadily disappeared and the upkeep for the transports were lowered to minimum. By the end of the year, the loan was down to 2700 and the monthly income had increased to 10-12£/day. The debt was finally cleared August 12, 1845.

Then on November 27 the same year Russia declared war once again. As there is no point in me continuing if they are going to do this every 5 years, I’ll just neville myself out of it every time, unless I know I can beat them that is.

On September 9, 1847 I got to do some pop-converting at last. The largest pop in Akershus was promoted to clerks and the smallest to craftsmen. I’m now up to 40% efficiency in the factory there.

I noticed that the Caribbean nation of Haiti were having some problems, and always looking for easy conquests I loaded the three cavalry divisions into the transports and set sail. On April 2, 1848 war was declared. As you can see from the screenshot the Haitians were so pathetic there wasn’t any need to reinforce the divisions. Then suddenly 20000 Haitian troops appear out of nowhere and attacked the army besieging Haiti (I sent a division there to keep him from placing mobilized troops, guess it didn’t work).

The new army soon drives my entire army back, and I have no option than to return to Norway and reinforce them entirely. After several defeats I give up and only take the province of Santa Domigno from them.

Debt is paid off:
Norge17.jpg

The problems Haiti were suffering from:
Norge18.jpg

The second attack:
Norge19.jpg

Peace again:
Norge20.jpg

Somehow I found this amusing, I have never seen it happend before:
Norge21.jpg

Sorry for too little action in this update, but debt is a real killer when playing a poor country. It's going to be less action forward as I need to work on my infrastructure, and that costs money.

I'm also thinking about editing the savegame to change Russia's opinion of me, from -200 to 0 or something like that, but I don't know how to do it. Can someone tell me?

stnylan: Thanks

Lord E: Everyone is in need of Norwegian leadership, but there's only so much I can do about it.

King of Men: They probably dow'ed me because I hanged some smuggelers, therefore lowering relationship with 200. I usually pick that choice. Maybe I'm too used to playing a power.

UndertheSun: Thanks

So...

Becoming Scandinavia is out of the picture?

Quite clearly Go Switzerland! Just think what Jacques Chirac would say...

And a nice foreign venture. Perhaps there will be more of those in the future?

Installment four 1849 – 1859

In October Mechanical Production was researched, making it possible to build railroads. Defence Spending was lowered to afford it. On February 28, 1850 the first railroad was built in Lillehammer. When it was finished it rocketed me from 34th place to a more comfortable 28th place. For some reason I was also 12th strongest military power in the world. I found that amusing.

I don’t really want to use the Neville cheat every 5 years, so in 1850 a project was started to improve relationship with Russia. As my prestige was under 0, I couldn’t start negotiations, so I had to pay over 400£ for every improvement. When relations passed –150, it was halted in favour of railroads.

In November that same year, the peace treaty expired, and I nevilled myself into a defensive alliance with Prussia and UK for historical reasons, and just to make sure.

The railroading continued, focusing on the rgos that makes the most money.

In 1853, something of interest happened. Both the UK, Prussia and pretty much the rest of the world declared war on Russia, and as a result they moved most of their troops away from my border. The army was sent home and the transport navy was sent to scout. I want to see who’s winning this war if I’m going to join. Unfortunately, Sweden also joined, so all Russian troops didn’t leave the north. They quickly settled for peace though, with Sweden giving up the provinces of Sundsvall, Norköpling and Kalmar.

Then January 3, 1853 all hell breaks loose. War is declared on Russia. 126000 men are mobilized and ready to pour over the border.

The war lasts until September 1, 1855 when I get War Intermidies and the provinces Sundsvall, Umeå, Luleå, Norrköping and Jönköping.

From this I get a sick amount of money, making it possible to railroad the entire country. This project was finished on July 22, 1856. Another positive thing with the peace deal is that Russia had promoted over 100000 pops into capitalists in the provinces I conquered, making the total percentage of capitalists in the country to 16,8% and making the rich taxes almost twice as high as the two other together.

With the railroads complete I end up in 11th place in the world because of a high industrial score. With the coffers full of Russian money, it’s time to rack up some prestige. On September 11, 1857, 36000 cavalry are loaded into the transports and sets sail for Madagascar. On November 6 war is declared. The war lasts until April 26 the following year with me annexing them.

After the war I looked for more easy targets. I found one in Hamburg. A tiny one province minor with no allies. Should be a nice 100 prestige there.

Before the war I suddenly discover that machine parts were available, and I had 50 of them. Let the industrialization begin. A steel factory was built in Götaland, a regular clothes one in Svealand, and a luxury clothes one in Trøndelag.

On September 3, 1858 war was declared against Hamburg. The war lasted to October 1, with me Humiliating them and forcing them to disarm.

On December 14 I built 2 divisions of artillery to help in coming war, I also increased the mobilization to 12 divisions.

Railroading starts:
Norge22.jpg

The first railroad connection is up:
Norge23.jpg

The war starts:
Norge24.jpg

Borders after the war:
Norge25.jpg

Fully railroaded thanks to the Russian money:
Norge26.jpg

The weak target nr. 2:
Norge27.jpg

Norge28.jpg

Poor poor Russia. I almost feel sorry - almost, but not quite.

It looks like Sweden is about ready to be annexed, I'm not sure how to react to that :confused:

Quirinus308 said:
It looks like Sweden is about ready to be annexed, I'm not sure how to react to that :confused:

From a norwegian prospective, rejoicing seems good.

Great work that you managed to take revenge on the Russians good work, also a nice little war with Hamburg there. I see the Norwegian military is strong and powerful.
Now the time has come to finish off Sweden I think ;)

Instalment five 1859 – 1869

This session started with a brief war against Haiti, which gained me 53 prestige. The next target was Costa Rica gaining me 76 prestige. One more war now and I’ll be at positive prestige.

February 2, 1861 war was declared against Honduras, also known as the final victim. On May 28 the war ends with me satteliting them and gaining 100 prestige. Enough to put me in positive prestige.

With the prestige question out of the picture, I could now focus on industrialization. POP conversion was started, but the industrialization was mostly a failure, with every factory except the luxury clothes one making less money than the rgos did.

Sometime in 1861 I get early railroad. I immediately start building them, which results in Norway taking it’s rightful place amongst the Great Powers of the world in May 1862.

In November 1863 an alliance with Denmark is signed. As you keep nagging about annexing Sweden, I will do it, but they are allied to Denmark, and I don’t want that kind of trouble.

But first to my plan. I will attack and annex Hamburg, then sell it to Prussia for Malmö and Ribe, then sell Ribe to Denmark in exchange for Göteborg. Need better relations with Prussia though, and DIs are lacking atm. Hamburg is annexed January 1864.

I don’t care what people say, improving relations with the “Improve Relations” does not give a higher average rate per DI than just giving 100£. I have now used like 10 DIs and gotten “hardly” every time.

In September 1868, I finally see a chance. Sweden is without allies. War is declared. The war lasts until March 1869, where I force Sweden to give me the provinces of Visby, Gävle and Nyköpling.

I also managed to lose Great Power rank sometime during the last years, it will probably come back when Germany forms and annexes the South German Federation.

All provinces covered in early railroad:
Norge29.jpg

Pathetic defence by Sweden:
Norge30.jpg

I promise I will make up for the lack of pictures in the next post.

Well you could harly blame the Swedish defence for being a little flat. I mean, what do they have left to defend Stockholm? A dozen grannies with their broomhandles? ;)

Good work taking out Sweden, about time those evil Swedes gave in to their rightful overlord Norway
I think your plan for Hamburg is really brilliant and if/when you manage to get better relations with Prussia you should really give the plan a go :)
Good update